Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

A few of them are too old for this aren’t they? Meant to be a U21 competition?

Didnt Gary Taylor-Fletcher play for them a couple of seasons ago and he wasn't U21 and I am talking about age there not weight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you're allowed to pick 3 over-age players.

You are allowed 5 over-age starters (I guess to make an allowance for the fact that the Premier League 2 is U23, not U21), but only 2 players on the team sheet can have 40 or more first team appearances (not including unused sub appearances). It's really confusing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You are allowed 5 over-age starters (I guess to make an allowance for the fact that the Premier League 2 is U23, not U21), but only 2 players on the team sheet can have 40 or more first team appearances (not including unused sub appearances). It's really confusing.

Thanks. I tried to look it up after I posted that, but couldn't really make much sense of it and soon gave up. 

• Like 1

I know this probably isn't that important but there were a few that featured tonight that are key U23 players like Wright, Pennant and Clark that weren't involved in the first teams pre-season which is a surprise. Then there's a few that were involved in pre-season such as Fitzhugh, Leshabela, Tavares, Vontae-Campbell that weren't involved in this tonight. I can see why Knight, Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall aren't as they will be needed for Sunday if worst comes to the worst but not all the others. 

Has Rodgers made a point by using some younger academy players in pre-season as a message to the U23 coaches who seem very reluctant to progress the U18's very quickly?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know this probably isn't that important but there were a few that featured tonight that are key U23 players like Wright, Pennant and Clark that weren't involved in the first teams pre-season which is a surprise. Then there's a few that were involved in pre-season such as Fitzhugh, Leshabela, Tavares, Vontae-Campbell that weren't involved in this tonight. I can see why Knight, Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall aren't as they will be needed for Sunday if worst comes to the worst but not all the others. 

Has Rodgers made a point by using some younger academy players in pre-season as a message to the U23 coaches who seem very reluctant to progress the U18's very quickly?

Imagine it’s more the lads are in the first team ‘bubble’ until all return and then will filter back down to the 23s? 

maybe wrong as keeper played sat etc, but doubt many 23s go up to risk mixing etc? Could be wrong but Covid is a weird time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Imagine it’s more the lads are in the first team ‘bubble’ until all return and then will filter back down to the 23s? 

maybe wrong as keeper played sat etc, but doubt many 23s go up to risk mixing etc? Could be wrong but Covid is a weird time

Very good point! 

On 08/09/2020 at 23:06, Lesta2014 said:

Simpson said in an interview that he was training with the U23s but not allowed to train with the first team due to their bubble. 

But then a lot of the U18s and U23s have been in first team training pics, and Simpson posted himself having coffee club with Madders and some first team staff, so not sure how that works lol

• Like 1

Just now, brucey said:

Simpson said in an interview that he was training with the U23s but not allowed to train with the first team due to their bubble. 

But then a lot of the U18s and U23s have been in first team training pics, and Simpson posted himself having coffee club with Madders and some first team staff, so not sure how that works lol

Also George Hirst played in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday having exclusively been involved in the first team all pre-season.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I hope Callum Wright makes it; needs to be soon you'd think

You'd think if he wasn't involved with the big group of youngsters that have been with the first team over the last few weeks, then he isn't the most fancied?