Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

You can watch it on Man Citys website on City+, you have to sign up and subscribe (make sure you cancel it though otherwise you get charged £1.99 after your trial ends) then you need to try and find where they are actually showing it (I can’t seem to get it to work)

edit: explains why I can't get it to work

Edited by moore_94

46 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Where are Pennant and Arlott-John?

Terell been training with the 1st team but Arlott-John hadn't as of last week.

I can't for the life of me work out why they have drafted 2 over age ayers from other clubs to fill in when we could have just used U16 and U18 players, more bad PR from the club when it comes to offering a pathway for players.

Just now, AjcW said:

Are we not televising it because we have players that don’t belong to us officially playing? Although you’d think we’d call them trialists if that was the case. 

Club probably don't want the crap football from us being televised

Bottom of the U18 league and third from bottom of the PL2. Whilst i appreciate we've got lots of players out on loan, that's not so becoming for our brand new facility, and a bad reflection on our coaching staff. I've said it before that we need to now start upping our game in our youth and development teams, and there are cycles of bad years to good years when you are shuffling the pack so to speak to send out your decent players to get more game time. However, it doesn't look great at the minute...

Edited by sphericalfox

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Bottom of the U18 league and third from bottom of the PL2. Whilst i appreciate we've got lots of players out on loan, that's not so becoming for our brand new facility, and a bad reflection on our coaching staff. I've said it before that we need to now start upping our game in our youth and development teams, and there are cycles of bad years to good years when you are shuffling the pack so to speak to send out your decent players to get more game time. However, it doesn't look great at the minute...

What's interesting is we have for the last 5 years been the best team in the Midlands and the last 10 the best East Midlands team and yet we aren't really seeing that from the crop of kids who we ought to have been able to cherry pick from the Midlands area.

Hopefully we will rectify this but it's a result of us failing to get the players through quick enough from U16's to 18's to 23's. We are now doing that this season but have decimated the respective teams as they cannot cope. The style of play in the 23's is beyond shocking, there's no excuses for it either.

• Like 1

Last year people were complaining about too many older players in the U23s, the better players weren't being loaned out or put in the first team squad. Now all of these things have been done and yet you're shocked we've declined? Also we have 2 trialists playing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

The same bloke in charge for how many years now, not really building a philosophy. Surely we have someone or can get someone better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Last year people were complaining about too many older players in the U23s, the better players weren't being loaned out or put in the first team squad. Now all of these things have been done and yet you're shocked we've declined? Also we have 2 trialists playing. 

One of the Trialists is 24 in March. Just bizarre why we’ve got him playing 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

As I said sometimes things go in cycles. Man United were shocking for for a couple of years for example, and were relegated at one point. So we may well be in that refresh stage, but it still doesn't excuse or negate the fact that in my view we need to up the ante on our coaching quality beyond the first team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yeah it's going to take a fair while to see the results, it's still a fair argument about this being all our own doing and this should have happened years ago.

The dog shit style of football is still a very valid criticism, Beaglehole was supposed to step aside last summer and didn't. Still we are faced with 80's Wimbledon methods.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

As I said sometimes things go in cycles. Man United were shocking for for a couple of years for example, and were relegated at one point. So we may well be in that refresh stage, but it still doesn't excuse or negate the fact that in my view we need to up the ante on our coaching quality beyond the first team.

I think that's probably right.