Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Disappointing not to see Tavares feature, hopefully that means he's going to be in the squad for Wednesday but I'm not convinced he will. Therefore, are we really serious about securing his long term future here? He's better than U23 football but even that's a level we have seldom awarded him with here.

I think BR has a weakness in man managing good fringe players - seems to have no interest in giving game time to Hamza, Kel, Gray etc and seems to be pretty indifferent to this kid as well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Is this a Hirst at Wednesday situation? He won’t sign a contract so we’re refusing to play him? :(

That's supposedly whats happened in regard to a loan move last season but doesn't explain why we haven't used him for the U23's. Unless we think the step up means more exposure and means he's more likely to get another club want him when his deal expires, but that's equally as likely if we don't play him!

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think BR has a weakness in man managing good fringe players - seems to have no interest in giving game time to Hamza, Kel, Gray etc and seems to be pretty indifferent to this kid as well.

Rodgers was quite glowing of his talents in pre-season, thats why the continued omission from the EFL Trophy and the U23's is peculiar.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers was quite glowing of his talents in pre-season, thats why the continued omission from the EFL Trophy and the U23's is peculiar.

Knight, Eppiah and Thomas also haven’t featured for the 23s this season so hopefully he’s part of back up to the first team 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sometimes I think Brendan is better at interviews than he is at man-management. I agree with much of what he says on the topic, but there seems a disconnect between actions and words. I guess it’s easy to rotate the squad from my sofa, but I do feel some of the wider squad could be given more of a shot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Knight, Eppiah and Thomas also haven’t featured for the 23s this season so hopefully he’s part of back up to the first team 

I noticed Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall are options when buying the new shirts. They might just be with the first team permanently now.

A lot of these missing guys might be being lined up for loans. Knight in particular needs a Championship football -- he's proven too good for League 1, but couldn't make the bench when we had 1 CB healthy. If he gets a run of games and performs well, he can be recalled in January, especially since even if we get a new guy in, we might need reinforcements in the back.

As for Brendan's man management -- last year, same thing until Christmas, then the reserves came out in force. My guess is he wants to get the first team working like clockwork, then start using the others as needed when the games start coming thick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I noticed Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall are options when buying the new shirts. They might just be with the first team permanently now.

A lot of these missing guys might be being lined up for loans. Knight in particular needs a Championship football -- he's proven too good for League 1, but couldn't make the bench when we had 1 CB healthy. If he gets a run of games and performs well, he can be recalled in January, especially since even if we get a new guy in, we might need reinforcements in the back.

As for Brendan's man management -- last year, same thing until Christmas, then the reserves came out in force. My guess is he wants to get the first team working like clockwork, then start using the others as needed when the games start coming thick.

I think he needs to learn from last season and not run our best players into the ground. Vardy needs to be rotated more - he’s losing sharpness because he’s being overused.

I do appreciate what Brendan does well and I love the attacking style - sorry to be a bit negative I’m just saying what I see.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think he needs to learn from last season and not run our best players into the ground. Vardy needs to be rotated more - he’s losing sharpness because he’s being overused.

I do appreciate what Brendan does well and I love the attacking style - sorry to be a bit negative I’m just saying what I see.

I don't think that's negative, I think it's a valid opinion. I suspect he'd agree, via a comment about needing a deeper squad.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In league one Knight was CDM and further up sometimes. The last time he played centre half was in the u23s. I think he’s more a midfielder now. He was one of the brightest stars in the u23s a while back and Posh fans were raving about him. I hope we see him on Thursday and we should unless injured, and where I’m interested to see.

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

With covid they are unlikely to allow the under 23s to mingle with the first team. They have created bubbles for each team. as Brendan in the past has said he prefers to have a bigger first team training sessions these guys are probably training with the 1st team and thus not allowed to rejoin the under 23 bubble for games.

This doesn’t necessarily mean we will see them play for the first team but they will be in contention if they prove themselves.

If they don’t get minutes unfortunately this season could be wasted for them as there won’t be the possibility to flip between the 2 groups

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With covid they are unlikely to allow the under 23s to mingle with the first team. They have created bubbles for each team. as Brendan in the past has said he prefers to have a bigger first team training sessions these guys are probably training with the 1st team and thus not allowed to rejoin the under 23 bubble for games.

This doesn’t necessarily mean we will see them play for the first team but they will be in contention if they prove themselves.

If they don’t get minutes unfortunately this season could be wasted for them as there won’t be the possibility to flip between the 2 groups

This is literally the reason. Rodgers has his first team training group which is even more important at the minute with the “bubbles” that the squads are having to do due to covid regulations.

Besides, pretty sure Tavares will be on the bench Wednesday night anyway.

On 21/09/2020 at 22:57, Aleksz said:

This is literally the reason. Rodgers has his first team training group which is even more important at the minute with the “bubbles” that the squads are having to do due to covid regulations.

Besides, pretty sure Tavares will be on the bench Wednesday night anyway.

I'm not entirely sure this is right as Hirst, Vontae-Campbell and a few others featured for the first team in pre-season and trained with the first team when the season started and then both immediately played in the EFL Trophy with the U23's. Check the training photos each week and you will see players who play for the U23's amongst them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not entirely sure this is right as Hirst, Vontae-Campbell and a few others featured for the first team in pre-season and trained with the first team when the season started and then both immediately played in the EFL Trophy with the U23's. Check the training photos each week and you will see players who play for the U23's amongst them.

It's possible that they were training in the first team bubble for as long as possible, and then when they left it, they wouldn't re-enter? 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Don’t think Hirst, Johnson and Daley Campbell have been in the bubble since the lead up to West Brom. 

Eppiah, Tavares, Knight and obviously KDH & Thomas have been. And they haven’t played for the 23s as a result.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 2

The so called 'richest footballer in the world,' Faiq Bolkiah has moved to Portugal to sign for Maritimo, having previously been on the books at Leicester City.

Faiq is known by the moniker as richest player in the world due to his father Jefri Bolkiah, who is the Prince of Brunei and brother of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah.

The family fortune is reported to stand at around $28 billion, as of October 2019, which means that Faiq's family is richer than most club owners as well.

Faiq is 22-years-old and had previously played in England and signed for Leicester in 2016. He has now signed for Maritimo in the Primieria Liga, having never actually played for the Foxes.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/transfers-portuguese-side-maritimo-sign-richest-player-in-the-world-20200924

Development Squad striker Josh Eppiah has signed a new three-year contract with Leicester City ahead of a season-long loan deal with Jupiler Pro League side OH Leuven, subject to international clearance.

The 21-year-old scored six times in all competitions for the Development Squad last season, and will now continue his progress in his native Belgium with an OHL side who sit in 10th place in the top tier following promotion in 2019/20.

The Foxes Academy graduate won the Club’s Goal of the Month award in October 2019 after hitting a stunning 25-yard winner against Grimsby Town in the EFL Trophy.

Eppiah, who was called up to the Belgium Under-21s squad for a 4-1 win over Germany at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium earlier this month, will now link up with fellow Leicester City loanees Daniel Iversen and Kamal Sowah in Leuven.

The newly-promoted Belgian side currently sit 10th in the table after impressive victories over Waasland-Beveren and Standard Liège in recent weeks and are next in action when they travel to KAA Gent on Saturday 26 September.

Good move for Josh, Belgium u21 and I’d hope Belgium first league is close enough to championship football 

I was surprised to not see him featured last night as he’s been around the first team, but this must be why. Wonder what’s on hold for Tavares then, also a loan and new deal maybe?

Edited by LCFCbwoi
  • Like 2