Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 20/21

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 19:33, RumbleFox said:

Ryan Giggs isn’t even in the top ten highest scorers for Wales national team. Dunno why I just looked that up but surprised me. X 

He was never really a prolific goal scorer full stop. He got the same ratio for Wales as United more or less, about one in six. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He was never really a prolific goal scorer full stop. He got the same ratio for Wales as United more or less, about one in six. 

Yeah I suppose, would deffo have put him top ten though if asked. X 

On 07/03/2021 at 20:26, StanSP said:

Marseille losing in the French Cup to a 4th-tier side.

Equivalent of us losing to Newport...

It’s actually even worse than that, as they are Semi-pro

Would be the equivalent of us losing to one of the crapper teams in the vanarama national league, as even some of those are professional clubs!

• Like 1

Juve lose at home to Benevento.

Inter's lead over them and AC Milan is now 10 and 9 points respectively. Finally someone breaks Juve's dominance in Serie A (Andrea Pirlo to thank partly, too).

If they don't win the league from here I'll be amazed.

image.png.a45476208ee9c1e4a9ba9625406c2803.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this but, today I attended my first football match since the old COVID started.

It was an FFA Cup (Australian FA cup) 4th qualifying round tie. No more than 200 people there and Victorian Premier League side Oakleigh Cannons eased past lower league Mazenod FC.

But the whole experience was magnificent, a couple of pitch side beers, a terrible hot dog. A couple of horrendous refereeing decisions, two penalties saved by the Mazenod goalkeeper and the sun beating down on us.

A game outside of those who were in attendance that will have little significance in anyway, but being back pitch side was a terrific feeling. I bloody love football!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56633404

Valencia defender Jose Gaya said after the game that the team either had to resume playing or risk a points deduction.

"Diakhaby told us he heard a racist insult so we all went off the pitch," Gaya told Spanish network Movistar.

"We were told that we had to play because if we didn't, they would take the three points off us and maybe we'd be docked more points.

"Diakhaby asked us to play on. We wouldn't have done so if he hadn't done so. He said he wasn't in the right state of mind to keep playing. He is devastated."