Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 20/21

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Outstanding work from Mourinho, still luring these owners and execs in.

How they don't see his track record of acrimonious/inevitable departure within 18-24 months and a trail of destruction behind him. Smacks of severe short-term thinking.

I wonder what the lowest level Mourinho would drop to. Thinking he'd do places like Marseille, maybe Braga in Portugal? Can't imagine him managing a team in a relegation battle in the premier league.

Jens Lehmann  

:facepalm:

Sent a text to former German International Dennis Aogo who is a pundit on Sky in Germany asking "Is Dennis the token black?" 

The message was probably not meant for Aogo, who is understandably not impressed.

He has previously opined that COVID is no worse than flu, as well.  Nice that he had time to become an expert in epidemiology and virology.

As well as racism, it appears.

What is it with German goalies? Harald Schumacher, Olli Khan and Lehmann. Lovely bunch of lads.

I mean, we had Peter Shilton but conversely we also had Big Dave Seaman, Paul Robinson and Ray Clemence.  

20210505_100855.jpg

Edited by Vacamion

There might be some good games amongst this lot :thumbup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57115401

The BBC will broadcast all 28 games from the 2021 Copa America tournament.

The competition, which begins on 13 June and is being hosted by Colombia and Argentina, will feature the 10 teams in the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol).

Nine-time winners Brazil will defend their title from 2019 when they beat Peru in the final.

The tournament will be streamed across BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website and app.

The final is in Barranquilla, Colombia, on 10 July.

Group A: Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay

Group B: Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru

Some strange points thresholds in the 20 team leagues in Europe.

Juventus have 75pts in 5th place with a game left to play.

As it stands in France in gameweek 36, Nantes have 40 points in 18th with a game left to play.

I know Lille finished third the other year, and last won it about a decade ago, but I don't really follow the league closely. Were PSG leading by a lot of points at one stage this season or have Lille been up there all season?

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I know Lille finished third the other year, and last won it about a decade ago, but I don't really follow the league closely. Were PSG leading by a lot of points at one stage this season or have Lille been up there all season?

It's been PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Lille pretty much all season. No one really ran away with it and then came back. PSG have been underwhelming but it's good to see more than one club taking advantage (up to a couple of weeks ago, anyway). Would love Lille to finish the job tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

So it’s the final day of the La Liga season, 2 points separate Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid. So they are losing to Real Valladolid and Villarral

respectively lol

Another reason to believe that tomorrow isn’t a foregone conclusion... it is going to be a rollercoaster ride till the very end 

Edited by foxes_rule1978