Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JackWilko

Jean-Clair Todibo

Are we becoming the new Everton in signing all of the Barcelona "rejects"? If we are going for the younger players that don't make it but have high potential, that's not a bad way to go. This guy was / is extremely highly rated and would certainly fit the profile of players we sign these days.

Also here's an interesting article about him:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/who-is-jean-clair-todibo-schalke-s-new-loan-signing-from-barcelona-9293

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

Todibo and trincao for soyuncu sounds good to me!

That doesn't sound like a bad deal to be fair although I'm  basing this on football manager as I've never seen either of them play. 

• Like 1

He had an okay half a season at Schalke, probably one of the only players that did relatively well in a very poor Schalke side

I can't really see him being a player to come straight into the Main 11, more likely would come in as 3rd/4th choice with Benkovic

So if he is part of a deal for Soyuncu, we would still need another first team quality centre back to come in

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I honestly don't think I'd want to swap Soyuncu for those two players. I think Cags could be destined to be one of the best CBs on the planet. He could either be irreplaceable or worth really silly money in a couple of years. I reckon we'd be much better off selling Chilwell to fund both these signings if we really wanted them.

I don't think we should be entertaining the idea of selling Soyuncu this season.

Yeh I agree, I dont really want us to sell Soyuncu. Chilwell is replaceable but not sure we could get a centre back as good as Cags. The partnership hes formed with Evans has been superb 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh I agree, I dont really want us to sell Soyuncu. Chilwell is replaceable but not sure we could get a centre back as good as Cags. The partnership hes formed with Evans has been superb 

......up until January.

This guy looked awful in the couple games I saw him play for Schalke. He is most definitely a Barca reject hence why Barca are keen to sell. He is not going to be a future star otherwise Barca would be trying to raise more money off a sale. Even Everton fans don’t want him

Edited by s11nny
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Thought for a moment I was on Vixentalk with all this chat about signing Sue, Jean and Clair.

Link?

3 hours ago, s11nny said:

This guy looked awful in the couple games I saw him play for Schalke. He is most definitely a Barca reject hence why Barca are keen to sell. He is not going to be a future start otherwise Barca would be trying to raise more money off a sale. Even Everton fans don’t want him

Just looked at his career and he played 10 games for Toulouse before moving to Barcelona on a Bosman.

A year later they've loaned him out to Schalke who also don't want to buy him after seeing him for 6 months.

It looks like the classic case of Barcelona snapping up a player with potential for free, realising he's below their level then trying to make a few quid turning him over for a big profit as people will pay the "Barcelona tax".  He looks very much one to avoid by his profile. 

• Like 1

Just now, Long Eaton Fox said:

If their was a Leicester Ladies site, this is what it would be called right?

Yes, and a pre-emptive ban would be in place for all FoxesTalk dogs/reynards 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2020 at 04:19, pmcla26 said:

Digne and Deulofeu have been decent in England, Gomes looked good before his injury, Mina has been the only naff one. Maybe taking some of Barca’s youngsters/squad players is the way to go. 

Todibo and Trindao both seem like much higher potential prospects than the Everton signings too, exciting stuff if we can pull off a double swoop.

Mina has done well for Everton this season, been one of the reasons Holgate has shone.