Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Slimani

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'd get him involved again, we need that threat from crosses and another option going into the new season where we will potentially have more games than ever. I have never understood why we persist with small strikers when, after 2-3 seasons at least, we have continuously found ourselves unable to create chances and capitalise on hundreds of crosses and set piece chances. 

We need something because watching Albrighton whip crosses into no-one capable of winning it towards the end of last season was painful. 

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

We need something because watching Albrighton whip crosses into no-one capable of winning it towards the end of last season was painful. 

Yea, if not Slimani then someone else. I'd be happy to bin him off for another target man, we just need someone. We haven't got the players to play through a tight defence.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I can't believe people keep going on about him coming back, clearly the club has decided he's time here was over.

He hasn't played for us since 2017 and people still waffle on about him coming back.

Gandalf came back after slipping into a big hole.

What is it with those that want to keep this guy to act as the big target man for us to just whip balls into the box to.

We want to / have a style of play similar to the top sides where we try and control and play the ball through teams not over them.

If we keep this guy around for the panic over the top keep whipping balls into the box option, when do you start to panic and put him on, 60th minute, 70th, 80 or last 5? If anywhere between 60 and 80th then that’s a 3rd of the game you have given up on your principle style of play, if 80-90th that’s keeping a guy around who apparently doesn’t get on with certain players & is on 80k+ for brief 10 minute cameo’s every other w/end.

If I held the purse strings I know which option I would choose, that wage will be better utilised in another position, a position that will aid our (The) principle style of play we want to achieve by being able to thread a ball through a packed tall defence not over the top of them to see them head it away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

What is it with those that want to keep this guy to act as the big target man for us to just whip balls into the box to.

We want to / have a style of play similar to the top sides where we try and control and play the ball through teams not over them.

If we keep this guy around for the panic over the top keep whipping balls into the box option, when do you start to panic and put him on, 60th minute, 70th, 80 or last 5? If anywhere between 60 and 80th then that’s a 3rd of the game you have given up on your principle style of play, if 80-90th that’s keeping a guy around who apparently doesn’t get on with certain players & is on 80k+ for brief 10 minute cameo’s every other w/end.

If I held the purse strings I know which option I would choose, that wage will be better utilised in another position, a position that will aid our (The) principle style of play we want to achieve by being able to thread a ball through a packed tall defence not over the top of them to see them head it away.

Very well put.

He's not great in the air, anyway.

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Problem is it was clearly obvious in games time and time again we were just not going to break them down even if we played for 5 hours, it's great to have a principalled style of play but you don't want to become like arsenal were towards the end of Wengers tenure, plan A and if it isn't working keep going with plan A. But it's clear this is what Rodgers is doing. There were games last season where we were 2-0 down with 10 minutes to play and were knocking it about endlessly between the back 4, at that point there has to be a plan B. This is summed up by the fact that with 15 minutes to play against Man United in the last game of the season we stuck Wes up front and started launching it, if we'd have gone direct in a few other games over the season when plan A wasn't working we may have seen some different results. The key to this is not having to stick Wes Morgan up there because we don't have a natural aerial striker, obviously not Slim but someone who can have a different type of impact when our plan A is so obviously failing and isn't going to improve, especially when we're losing but playing like we're 4-0 up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Problem is it was clearly obvious in games time and time again we were just not going to break them down even if we played for 5 hours, it's great to have a principalled style of play but you don't want to become like arsenal were towards the end of Wengers tenure, plan A and if it isn't working keep going with plan A. But it's clear this is what Rodgers is doing. There were games last season where we were 2-0 down with 10 minutes to play and were knocking it about endlessly between the back 4, at that point there has to be a plan B. This is summed up by the fact that with 15 minutes to play against Man United in the last game of the season we stuck Wes up front and started launching it, if we'd have gone direct in a few other games over the season when plan A wasn't working we may have seen some different results. The key to this is not having to stick Wes Morgan up there because we don't have a natural aerial striker, obviously not Slim but someone who can have a different type of impact when our plan A is so obviously failing and isn't going to improve, especially when we're losing but playing like we're 4-0 up. 

Fully understood, but you won’t see a Klopp or Pep side panic and just start lumping crosses into the box, they will continue with plan A but up the intensity which is what we need to do.

BR has said this a few times in post match intervals, we are too slow in getting the ball into the final 3rd, this is what needs to be drilled into the players but also we need the right players in order for that to happen. Klopp and Pep have that but have the financial resource to get there quicker, for us we are building to this but still a season or 2 away to be able to do it week in week out.

The season’s sacrificial lamb is paving the way for this to happen but takes time, this year it’s Chilwell and hopefully we get a LB on par with Ricardo and another CB to replace Maguire and make a formidable back 4, then we need that RW, as much as a like sharky his time as starting 11 is gone, he’s now that off the bench energy or doubling up defensive cover the stuff he’s good at.

To play the fluid football we all want to see takes time and the right players, for me this seasons it’s those positions we need LB, CB and RW next season it’s a striker, Im happy to go with how we are doing this in that I’d rather watch us try and play like a Man C for 90mins than 45 mins Man C and 45min Stoke.

Until we get those players The players we have need to step up, once they cross the white line it’s on them, there is very little the manager can do, I’m sure every week he does the drills but he can’t kick the ball forward for them during the match.

• Like 1

Storm in a teacup. LCFC don't want him, Slimani seems to be happy with loan deals in Europe, interested clubs know this and are biding their time. Very badly managed situation by the club, Puel in particular and he's at it again in Sainté. Not good telling everyone the player is surplus to requirement, not up to it, not fit for purpose, while trying to recoup the money.