Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Everyone has their reasons for not getting a season ticket and I understand that but, unfortunately for them, this should be the time those who do have one get rewarded for committing to the club when season tickets were available.

I’m not saying everyone should be a season ticket holder or they are a bad fan. But I am saying that no one should be getting tickets until all those who are a current season ticket holder have had an option on the ticket.

Should a reduced capacity stadium be filled 100% with season ticket holders? 100% 

Offering 10% to members will probably net the club half a million in membership fees.

No tickets offered and they can't sell a membership at all.

Times are hard. So I'm not surprised they've taken this option.

If everyone renews then season ticket holders will have roughly 5 times the chance of a member of a ticket so I'd imagine that will be viewed as the privilege.

28 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Anybody renewing their season ticket but isn’t arsed about going while not at full capacity could I use your ST to enter the prestigious ballot please

You can. But you won't get in as it says non transferable and spot checks. So if you want to waste your cash. Feel free.

11 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

The only thing that bugs me is that if I do go to a match, I should be paying 1/19th of my season ticket price, which is £22, however my match day price for Cat B is £35 and for Cat A is £40.

That's the really shit bit.

I'll be paying more for one cat a game than my usual month direct debit. Stupid really. Seems we have to pay booking fees too which is utterly cuntish behaviour frankly.

Disappointing from the club, worry financially as this is nothing more than a money grab.

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I agree to pay the £70 however I cant tell you when exactly the money will be with you LCFC all I know is that it'll be there before September 30th and there will be £1 booking fee. 

Exactly this. Wonder if they will accept my crap proposal. Booking fees now up to £1.50.

Somehow I think the club want same day money.

28 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Everyone has their reasons for not getting a season ticket and I understand that but, unfortunately for them, this should be the time those who do have one get rewarded for committing to the club when season tickets were available.

I’m not saying everyone should be a season ticket holder or they are a bad fan. But I am saying that no one should be getting tickets until all those who are a current season ticket holder have had an option on the ticket.

Should a reduced capacity stadium be filled 100% with season ticket holders? 100% 

So did you watch any of the Premier League when it was on terrestrial at the end of last season? As a Sky Sports subscriber am I annoyed that more people get to watch the footy at no cost when I’m forking out? No, cos I’m not a douchebag.

I was a ST holder for years, even before we were relegated to L1 in the Championship, moved away & moved back a few years ago & have a small family so can’t attend all games so been a member for years. Not sure why you think current ST’s are somehow more entitled or that others not as fortunate as you are to go to every home should have no chance at all to watch the team they have dedicated their life to. You’re not a super fan just cos you have the luxury of having every Saturday free to attend, trust me if I did I’d be there every week.

Essentially:

You will pay for your ST pro-ratad from when full capacity is possible. £70 of whatever that amount ends up as has to be paid upfront to secure that ST. If full capacity isn't possible by the end of the season you won't get the £70 back.

Until such time, each game will run on a ballot basis. There will be sets of X games (as many as it takes to cycle through everyone eligible for the ballot) wherein you can only be successful once until it resets. The ticket you buy will be a match day ticket at full price and may not be in the specific area your ST is in (so may cost even more).

90% of available seats will go to ST holders, the rest go to members. 

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

So did you watch any of the Premier League when it was on terrestrial at the end of last season? As a Sky Sports subscriber am I annoyed that more people get to watch the footy at no cost when I’m forking out? No, cos I’m not a douchebag.

I was a ST holder for years, even before we were relegated to L1 in the Championship, moved away & moved back a few years ago & have a small family so can’t attend all games so been a member for years. Not sure why you think current ST’s are somehow more entitled or that others not as fortunate as you are to go to every home should have no chance at all to watch the team they have dedicated their life to. You’re not a super fan just cos you have the luxury of having every Saturday free to attend, trust me if I did I’d be there every week.

Sorry, I don’t remember Sky being free to air during the restart?

Your argument doesn’t stand up. What you’ve described is a prioritisation. You chose to move away, you prioritised spending on having a family and not going to see Leicester. All valid decisions for you to make but you shouldn’t feel aggrieved that those who have been prioritising Leicester City more recently than you should get preference.

• Like 1

As many have said, I'm not sure this can be correct. My season ticket is £415. But according to whats been posted - if I get selected for a ticket in 10 matches I could pay £500??

Now its probably unlikely to get drawn this many tickets especially as the first few matches are likely to be behind closed doors, but the capacity will probably go from 33% to 66% before being back to normal and I think there will be quite a few of our more elderly fans who won't wish to attend for a while yet.

14 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

But those games were only shown due to circumstances.

Normally match going fans would have been able to see them and they wouldn't have been broadcast so its not like the BBC robbed $ky of games lol

Think it seems fair enough to me. 

I pay £70 and will get this knocked off if we are able to purchase season tickets at a later date.

I retain my rights to a season ticket in the future.

I will have to pay for full match day tickets if I am successful in a ballot. Which I assume will mostly cover the costs of hosting the match in the stadium (police etc) with such reduced numbers.

If I am unhappy with full match day pricing I don't have to go. 

Also members are shown they are valued with representation/consideration in this process. 

Think they have got it pretty right of I am honest. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong here but... 

We pay the £70.00 upfront for our "balot chance". 

We win the balot, we have to pay for what ever ticket/seats we can get hold of. So potentially a family stand price and potentially the most expensive match day ticket price. 

THEN if grounds go back to full capacity we start paying the rest of our season ticket off? 

Why can't we pay a match day ticket price and that get deducted off our remaining balance should grounds go full capacity?

Because the club wont make as much money that way.

It would be much easier to restart the direct debit, do the ballot bollox until no longer necessary, then go back to normal whenever that is.

Those that dont want to go should be able to freeze their space, for free.

The more I think about it this is really shit from the club, probably the shittest thing King Power have ever done. It's a quick cash flow fix. 

70 quid to hold a space they can't sell to anyone else at the moment anyway. The reason to have a season ticket is lower matchday costs, spread out payments. Now I am getting 280 in 2 weeks, then probably £140 plus 2.50 booking for each game I win, cuntish.   

We are all struggling now but this is the club a multimillion pound business in a multimillion pound industry using fans as cash cow. Just a few weeks after we see footballers giving it large on yatchs on the med.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

From the FAQS 

How much will my Season Ticket cost?

The equivalent ‘full-season’ cost of Season Tickets will be exactly the same as they were for the 2019/20 season*, but the amount you actually pay for it will be reduced on a pro-rata basis depending on the number of games played at full capacity. So if your Adult Season Ticket is priced £380 and 10 of our 19 Premier League home games are played at full capacity, the price of your Season Ticket would be £200 (10 games at £20-per-game). Once your initial fee of £70 is deducted, your balance to pay would be £130. The games you see before this, while the stadium is under reduced capacity, would be paid for in addition, on a match-by-match basis. 

*Except accompanied Under-10s in the Family Stand and subject to any changes in ticket category qualification.

What is a ballot cycle? 

The ballot cycle is the number of ballots (games) it takes for the aggregate number of tickets available to Season Ticket Holders to exceed the total number of Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process. So, if there were four times as many Season Ticket Holders as tickets available, it would take four matches (the ballot cycle) for all Season Ticket Holders to have had access to purchase a matchday ticket. The length of the ballot cycle may vary depending on a number of factors, including the permitted capacity for home games at King Power Stadium. The higher the permitted capacity, the shorter the ballot cycle.

4 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

Think it seems fair enough to me. 

I pay £70 and will get this knocked off if we are able to purchase season tickets at a later date.

Where does it say this? It's massive article so I've probably missed it. 

Edit sorry already found it lol

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

It says the £70 is non refundable 

Where does it say that?

Just sen it then I’m completely wrong as it’s a total rip off as the chances of me going are next to nil.

Having been a ST holder for more than 30 years and a regular attendee for more than 60 years that is stab in the heart.