Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

A poll for attending games next season

Will you be attending games next season?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending games next season? If so, when?

• I will be going as soon as possible
    • I will wait until we're at 50%+ capacity before attending
    • I will wait until we're at 75%+ capacity before attending
    • I will wait until we're at 95%+ capacity before attending
    • I will not be attending until it is safe to do so

1 minute ago, koop. said:

31% of you are crazy and should stop watching the news

Do you have any rationale for this specially? Or could it be that people might well have watched relatives die due to this virus, have underlying conditions and genuinely fear for their safety?

Before you answer, just let me grab my tin foil hat so I can digest your theories :)

• Like 3

I probably would have gone to as many games as possible if the pricing structure had any ounce of logic and decency about it.

I refuse to pay full ticket price, the reason I have a season ticket is because I dont want to pay full ticket price. Going to be paying over double what I normally pay for a ticket, they can swivel money grabbing *****.

Now I have no option but to stump up the 70 quid else I lose a season ticket I've held since the 90s. Thanks for the loyalty.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I probably would have gone to as many games as possible if the pricing structure had any ounce of logic and decency about it.

I refuse to pay full ticket price, the reason I have a season ticket is because I dont want to pay full ticket price. Going to be paying over double what I normally pay for a ticket, they can swivel money grabbing *****.

Now I have no option but to stump up the 70 quid else I lose a season ticket I've held since the 90s. Thanks for the loyalty.

Hang on - you have a season ticket because you think that you should pay less than those that don't have a ST? Much as I understand anger about this, you're essentially saying that those of us that pay full price are being ripped off. Where was your outrage about this before?

Whatever the capacity allowed KP will be fully utilised.

All posters trying to make a point as to them going and paying what they think they should pay, just hot air on an internet forum.

If in the first match  if 12,000 are allowed the attendance will  be 12,000, whether you take your granddad or whoever, and whether you pay the price or not.

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, foxgas said:

I wouldn't get too excited. Leicester will be back in lockdown before Christmas due to the couldn't care less attitude of some sections of the community.

Its still in lockdown, us in the city are not allowed to visit loved ones.  Because of that if people can attend the games whilst that rule is in place I think it will be shameful.

Guest Markyblue
8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hang on - you have a season ticket because you think that you should pay less than those that don't have a ST? Much as I understand anger about this, you're essentially saying that those of us that pay full price are being ripped off. Where was your outrage about this before?

To be fair the assumption of purchasing a season ticket is you are attending every match that season and in every walk of life a long term commitment will generally give you some benefits over a person who isn't committed to going every game, i know many want season tickets that cant get them but you understand my reply. 

33 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

To be fair the assumption of purchasing a season ticket is you are attending every match that season and in every walk of life a long term commitment will generally give you some benefits over a person who isn't committed to going every game, i know many want season tickets that cant get them but you understand my reply. 

I do, yes. Sadly, I think this leads to a sense of ownership and / or superiority in some people. I've been to matches where I've had ST holders tell me, in so many words, that because they always sit there it entitles them to behave as they wish, even if what they're doing is incredibly anti-social or hateful towards other human beings.

• Like 1

Won’t be going until we are at full capacity. Not because I’m concerned but 1 - I’m not happy that if I get a ticket I’m going to have to pay matchday price rather than what I’d pay pro rota, 2 - I’ll likely be able to find a stream for every game, 3 - the chances of me being able to go with the people I attend with are slim and 4 - the atmosphere. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do, yes. Sadly, I think this leads to a sense of ownership and / or superiority in some people. I've been to matches where I've had ST holders tell me, in so many words, that because they always sit there it entitles them to behave as they wish, even if what they're doing is incredibly anti-social or hateful towards other human beings.

Wrong is always wrong. 

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have a season ticket because it's cheaper, and you get to pay predetermined installments over the year. I do think the upfront commitment of a season ticket deserves a better price - yes. It's generally fairly standard practice that if you commit to something for a longer period you get a better price.

That said feel the match day prices are too high (at every club in most divisions), I wont and would not ever pay them. If the club see fit to charge those prices and people see fit to pay them them my outrage makes little difference. The way those prices change is people dont go, that's it! As long as people pay the prices clubs will charge them.

Hence why I wont go. I am sure plenty will shut up and pay up as usual, no-one will care that I am voting with my feet. It will probably make little difference but I will feel happy with my decision knowing I am not being ripped off, despite being annoyed I cant attend games I would have attended but wont for no other reason than an appalling pricing strategy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I have a season ticket because it's cheaper, and you get to pay predetermined installments over the year. I do think the upfront commitment of a season ticket deserves a better price - yes. It's generally fairly standard practice that if you commit to something for a longer period you get a better price.

That said feel the match day prices are too high (at every club in most divisions), I wont and would not ever pay them. If the club see fit to charge those prices and people see fit to pay them them my outrage makes little difference. The way those prices change is people dont go, that's it! As long as people pay the prices clubs will charge them.

Hence why I wont go. I am sure plenty will shut up and pay up as usual, no-one will care that I am voting with my feet. It will probably make little difference but I will feel happy with my decision knowing I am not being ripped off, despite being annoyed I cant attend games I would have attended but wont for no other reason than an appalling pricing strategy.

Ok, point taken. There is a contradiction in your stance, but I see where you're coming from.

I’ll want to go as soon as we are allowed to go. I remember going when we had Pleat and sometimes had less than 5k at filbert street. I still enjoyed it despite  the empty stadium and having to watch the likes of Lawrie Madden and Ricky ‘Over The’ Hill! 

23 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have a season ticket, I live in London so struggle to make a few games, the average match price for me probably isn't far off what I'd pay if I just walked up on the day.

Some seasons I was paying as much per game as Arsenal fans were. 

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I have a season ticket, I live in London so struggle to make a few games, the average match price for me probably isn't far off what I'd pay if I just walked up on the day.

you got a bargain then.

Surely the average cost per game coming in at lower for season ticket holders is purely a bulk buy thing? Economies of scale.

Presumably with reduced capacity, it will be impossible that all STHs will be able to attend every game, rendering pro rata costing unviable?

Not just a football thing, just a general observation I've always had is that it tickles me how irate people get about the cost of products and services.

You're a customer. Doesn't matter if it's a football club or a clothing shop. You're a customer of a business and you can choose to pay for the product or service, or not. Take it or leave it.

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can you not sell your ticket to friends to offset the cost?

Hypothetically obviously, as it's against the rules:whistle:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal