Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Jean Clair Todibo

https://onefootball.com/en/news/leicester-move-for-barcelona-defender-jean-clair-todibo-30788832

Leicester City have expressed interest in Barcelona defender Jean-Clair Todibo.

After six months on-loan with Schalke, Todibo has been available from Barca for €25m.

Everton and AC Milan have been in contact with Barca for several months about a deal for the French youngster.

However, Mundo Deportivo says Leicester are now in contact about a price.

For their part, Barca are holding to the €25m fee which was the permanent option in Todibo's S04 loan deal.

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Seems to me like Benkovic is a more similar player to Evans. Todibo has a more rash profile, would be backup for Soyuncu or an outside CB in a back three.

Only seen the YouTube so........I hear what you are saying in terms of mentality. However

Wonder where left footed and right footed comes into the discussion. Especially since I believe Benkovic is also left footed and Todibo seems right footed.

The beauty of Soyuncu is that he has it all. From grace to shithousery. If Todiibo can play with the ball at his feet as well as Caglar its a no brainer. Watching the video just feels more like Evans to me.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Looks fairly comfortable on the ball and as part of a back three.. although that’s purely going off that YT video.

Was he a regular starter for Schalke during his loan? And do we know the reason for them deciding against making the move permanent..?

Played in 8 league games for Schalke, but I wouldn't judge him on those performances because Schalke were an absolute shambles

Rumoured that they couldn't afford the £25m to make it permanent after Covid, would've been their most expensive signing since 2016

• Thanks 1

Seems like the type of player who would fit in Rodgers' system.

By the way, Everton seem to be linked with a lot of players that are mentioned on similar articles/transfer gossip releases - aren't they?..

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure there was already a thread on him earlier on at the start of the window, however I can’t remember everyone wanting him lol. He’s a bit of a Barca reject. Had an poor spell on loan at Schalke so much so that they didn’t even think he was worth signing. Not really heard anything good about this player from other fans but then again I’ve only seen him play once during the restart.