Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nations League internationals

Don’t even know where to start with that England squad. Not even selected a left back. Saka was superb for Arsenal post lockdown and covers about 5 positions including left back! 

I know he’s got a few he can’t select... but still, there’s players who can fill the gaps that he hasn’t gone for 

• Like 3

Just now, Collymore said:

Surprised no Grealish in there with Madders injured. 

Punished for the lockdown party antics. Southgate hates him. 

Also let’s be honest, Foden is worlds ahead of both of them, so what’s the point in messing folk around, no one is getting the 10 spot ahead of him. 

It's one of the weirdest squad selections I've seen it just makes no sense.

No left backs

Grealish not included 

No Coady but Mings etc included

Walker back in the mix despite his off field issues

Maguire keeps his place despite being prosecuted for various things

It seems so odd but I'm not at all surprised with Southgate, the man is so out of his depth

I feel with the players that are coming through we actually have a chance to win a major tournament and need a world class manager to do so not some second rate manager who got the job because there was no one else. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Also let’s be honest, Foden is worlds ahead of both of them, so what’s the point in messing folk around, no one is getting the 10 spot ahead of him. 

I wouldn't say worlds ahead.

Grealish carries that Villa team and you could argue that's more difficult than playing with bunch of world class players.

If you stuck Grealish or  an in form Maddison in the Man City side, they might have equal or better stats than Foden...

Edited by Collymore

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

In all seriousness slightly confused there, who is going to play left back? Mings? Seems like a few too many strikers as well.

Gomez has played all across the back so probably him. Or we play 3-4-3 and someone more attacking is on the wing.

Still ridiculous though. 

Such a weird and pointless internation break but i guess they have to be played some time and there is very few spaces once the season starts. 

Good to see Greenwood and Foden make step up, they are the future and there is been talk about Phillips before so was always going to be involved as soon as Leeds went up. I thought Maddison was over his injury so doesn't bode well for us for start of season. Really surprised Grealish isn't involved but lots of talent in the attacking midfield position. Poor defence highlighted 

I expect lots of withdrawals. 

• Like 1

Just now, Collymore said:

I wouldn't say worlds ahead.

Grealish carries that Villa team and you could argue that's more difficult than playing with bunch of world class players.

If you stuck Grealish and Maddison in the Man City side, they might have equal or better stats than Foden...

They've both got three/four years on Foden and he's already showing more talent in fewer games. He also just gets on with it too, on and off the pitch.... none of that distracting off the field stuff (that I have no issues with) that Southgate hates. 

Grealish plays on the wing for Villa and he's not getting in the side ahead of Sterling/Rashford/Sancho etc.

See loads of people whinging about "Holgate should be there" or "What does Dunk have to do to get a call up" which just points out how average we actually are.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Grealish plays on the wing for Villa and he's not getting in the side ahead of Sterling/Rashford/Sancho etc.

See loads of people whinging about "Holgate should be there" or "What does Dunk have to do to get a call up" which just points out how average we actually are.

I'm not sure average is the world. I actually think Englands first 11 is actually very very strong and compares favourable amongst any team in the world apart from maybe France.