Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

2 hours ago, Manini said:

The utter disrespect from Mcmanaman here towards Atalanta is mental. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Similar to Carragher's attitude towards us on Sunday.

Similar to Joe Cole's attitude towards Rennes yesterday. 7th place side in France gave Chelsea a decent game in the end.

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not particularly. But at the same time I think we won 6 games in a row with half a team. Then went to the best team in the world who put out a much stronger team than they did tonight, still with 4 key players missing, and rightly lost. 

Im frustrated that we couldn’t have played Liverpool in a few weeks. But I certainly wasn’t angry/annoyed like some people. 

Perspective is so important. We lost one game that we might have lost even at full strength. We’re still somehow 4th despite the squad we’ve had to deal with. And we’re absolutely pissing the europa. 

All the while our manager hasn’t used injuries as an excuse once. 

I'm not talking about the bigger picture.

I'm simply saying we got our game plan totally wrong at Liverpool and that they can be got at if you get in their faces in the same way Villa, Leeds and now Atalanta have done.

Don't see the point in sitting and waiting for the Champions to pick the right ball or for you to make a mistake because it's inevitable.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm simply saying we got our game plan totally wrong at Liverpool and that they can be got at if you get in their faces in the same way Villa, Leeds and now Atalanta have done.

Pretty much. I didn't have a huge problem with who we picked vs Liverpool (although I'd have had Madders deeper to pack out the middle and Barnes and Vards as a front two), I didn't even mind sitting off them a bit and not playing such a high line.

But then even in our own half we didn't really press, got nowhere near the ball, played with no aggression, barely looked to actually counter with any commitment. It was definitely an opportunity lost, as well as they played we didn't challenge them. 

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not talking about the bigger picture.

Don't see the point in sitting and waiting for the Champions to pick the right ball or for you to make a mistake because it's inevitable.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty much. I didn't have a huge problem with who we picked vs Liverpool (although I'd have had Madders deeper to pack out the middle and Barnes and Vards as a front two), I didn't even mind sitting off them a bit and not playing such a high line.

But then even in our own half we didn't really press, got nowhere near the ball, played with no aggression, barely looked to actually counter with any commitment. It was definitely an opportunity lost, as well as they played we didn't challenge them. 

Both make perfectly valid points. But the fact is they didn't have Neco at right back and Reece at Centre back.

Last night they had no Fabinho, Firmino, Robertson or Jota until they went a goal down. The last two on that list tore us to shreds. 

It's fine to say we got it wrong, but I don't think you can use last night as an example of how we got it wrong.

That Atalanta side lost 5-0 AT HOME to a Liverpool side closer to the one we came up against. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Will piss myself if Liverpool lose to Ajax tonight - would make for a very spicy final round of matches, assuming Atalanta win.

Me too but unfortunately they play Midtjylland in the last game so they're almost nailed on to go through.