Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

21 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Gotta say mate....Pontus Kamaark was some player for LCFC!  Absolutely loved him!

Definitely one of the unsung heroes in the MON era.....although i bet Juniniho still expects to see him right behind him every time he turns round even now 23 years later!!!  :D

How much did he actually play for O’Neill?

I know he was unreal for a while when he signed and then he got injured. 

But after that if feels like we were forever waiting on him to get fit. He did the well known man marking job of course. But his other involvement is sketchy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope he isn't injured, it would just sum up the ridiculous niggles and injuries we are getting and we'd be back with Thomas and Justin as full backs which feels very weak.

Just on a note about why Castagne has been playing RB and not LB , I said it last week but due to Ünder not being fully fit and Perez in fairly poor form I can see why Rodgers has wanted Castagne to provide ammunition down the right, with Barnes being able to offer it from the left. Otherwise we'd have had a very good left side with Castagne and Barnes and then be much weaker with Justin and Perez. Once Ricardo is fit then I see Castagne moving to the left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Told you guys he could play well on the left hand side too. Fair play to Congerton, this was a brilliant signing. 

I have to admit I doubted Congerton and thought he would waste a lot of money. This transfer window looks a superb one. Young CB in a position we really needed depth. A full back who can play on both sides seemingly equally as well. And a RW who looks to run at the defence and make things happen. Very good transfer window! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I have to admit I doubted Congerton and thought he would waste a lot of money. This transfer window looks a superb one. Young CB in a position we really needed depth. A full back who can play on both sides seemingly equally as well. And a RW who looks to run at the defence and make things happen. Very good transfer window! 

I think Henrik has mentioned it as well on here recently, but it seems like Congerton is just a cog in a fairly well oiled machine here, whereas he’s been given carte blanche over signings elsewhere by the looks of it, I think that’s a good thing personally. 

Pure speculation obviously but it doesn’t seem like this has been the most disastrous transfer window ever, but it’s still early days. Castagne is quality though I’ve seen enough to say that already. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Max Power said:

Will be interesting to see him on the left side ahead of Ricardo’s return. 

I can already hear them chanting to each other as they maraud down the flanks.....

RP: I'm the right side, I'm the right side, I'm the right side over here.

TC: I'm the left side, I'm the left side, I'm the left side over here. 

• Haha 3