Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

On 20/09/2020 at 22:40, Fox in the North said:

Surely Ricardo and Timmy can just swap sides every now and then during a game? 

If they are comfortable playing on both sides it could cause all sorts of problems for other team and mean we don’t need to worry about playing them in fixed left or right back positions.

I was thinking that myself. I can't say I've ever seen full-backs that switch flanks during a game but it would definitely add a string to our bow.

The more I see him play the more I think he can probably any one of about 8 positions on the field. His decision making, energy, passing and movement means he could easily play in central midfield.

If he switches over to left back we will miss out on his first time crossing being quite as accurate (though don't count him out, he can cross with his left foot) there will be no issues. In fact with Barnes ahead of him it wouldn't surprise me if Barnes become even more deadly. Chilwell rarely slid through the first time pass to put him through, Castagne is not going to have that problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The more I see him play the more I think he can probably any one of about 8 positions on the field. His decision making, energy, passing and movement means he could easily play in central midfield.

If he switches over to left back we will miss out on his first time crossing being quite as accurate (though don't count him out, he can cross with his left foot) there will be no issues. In fact with Barnes ahead of him it wouldn't surprise me if Barnes become even more deadly. Chilwell rarely slid through the first time pass to put him through, Castagne is not going to have that problem!

Ricardo played a full season left back, can’t believe we’ll put him there but certainly gives you an option now we have the two best right backs in the league. :D

• Haha 1