Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is some grade A scouting  :nigel:

Maybe there's something about Atalanta's style that didn't suit him or bring out the best in him.  Didn't he say that he didn't get on personally with their coach, and he was also keen on the move because he liked what he saw of our playing style?  He certainly seems to have slotted into our style seamlessly, as if he were born into it.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Great to see him start so well. Even with me following Atalanta I didn’t expect him to do so well, he’s never one that massively stood out in that team although that probably shows just how good they are at the minute.

I think them stats above say it all really, would love it if he carried on the way he is but it’s not been the norm for him really. 

Hateboer isn't as good as him, I know managers don't always get it right but that is an appalling bit of decision making from them last season to favour him over Castagne. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hateboer isn't as good as him, I know managers don't always get it right but that is an appalling bit of decision making from them last season to favour him over Castagne. 

Hateboer is decent but they are similar for me. The reason Castagne didn’t play much last season is because he made it clear he wanted out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hateboer is decent but they are similar for me. The reason Castagne didn’t play much last season is because he made it clear he wanted out.

Yeah I'm not saying Hateboer is a poor player but he hasn't the same relentless energy and efficiency. Anyway, we're the beneficiaries and I couldn't be happier. He is top drawer.

Reminds me lots of that great full back we had on the right hand side under O’Neil’s tenure

Shows I’m getting bloody old cos I’ve forgotten his name but both players oh so very very composed

It’s smashing to see a full back with a good brain as well as athleticism

What was his bloody name?

Remembered it... Pontus Kamaark

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's got class. He's a Belgium international, so comes with pedigree. Good bit of scouting and has made the transition look easy. Atalanta must have some squad for him not have always been a starter.

That is not the reason. Castagne didn't suit the Atalanta system. Hateboer and Gosens are the better attackers, Castagne is the best defender. And Castagne is way more versatile than Hateboer and Gosens, so he was basically the first replacement and played almost every game.

He is not worse than Hateboer and Gosens, he is a different player.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree with this! I remember in the Castagne transfer thread from January that I was shocked that he had lost his place in the team. The player himself said he didn't get on with Gasperini, and that's why he left. Incredibly at Atalanta he was told to stay back to be one of their defensive players because they are so attacking (scored over 100 goals last season). That's what made everyone think he's not as good going forwards but in the 3 games we've played so far he's been one of the best attacking players on the pitch! And that's against a team where we had all the possession, a team that got physical and against a team where we had no possession.  

Fair play to Congerton who has been tracking him for years - he and Rodgers wanted him at Celtic for a reason.

I thought he would be a good signing, but I didn't think he would be this good. Cancelo cost 60m, Win Bissaka cost 45m, Castagne cost 21.5m. Says it all!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

That is not the reason. Castagne didn't suit the Atalanta system. Hateboer and Gosens are the better attackers, Castagne is the best defender. And Castagne is way more versatile than Hateboer and Gosens, so he was basically the first replacement and played almost every game.

Gosens is definitely the better attacker. Hateboer is good for Atalanta, but the way I've seen Castagne play for us in these 3 games I'm not sure I would say Hateboer is a better attacker! Castagne's decision making, passing, team interplay and crossing are as good as Ricardo, maybe even better! Plus Castagne's stamina is incredible, in every game so far he's got *better* as the game has gone on. His opponent gets tired and he doesn't so, he gets to the ball faster and gets away from them faster too. I feel like he was wasted at Atalanta and maybe that's why he fell out with Gasperini? He's been faultless for us so far, and just look at that Vardy goal again, he was brilliant for the entire move. 

So far this season it's between him and James Rodriguez for signing of the season, and given we've just twatted Man City 5-2, I think you'd have to say Castagne is the better of the two so far!

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Reminds me lots of that great full back we had on the right hand side under O’Neil’s tenure

Shows I’m getting bloody old cos I’ve forgotten his name but both players oh so very very composed

Thought you were going to say Andy Impey

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

I dispute Hateboer is a better attacker, he really isn't.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Steve Whitworth ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Norman Leet...?!?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I loved Pontus Kaamark. Interestingly he was signed pre O'Neill but got badly injured very quickly. 

His man marking job on Juninho in the '97 League Cup final is the stuff of club legend. Completely nullified him. 

He exacted his revenge during the home leg against Atletico the following season. 

• Like 1

The only time I've ever heard of Castagne was when it was rumored that Rogers wanted him at Celtic. In hindsight I can't believe Celtic didn't get this over the line. He would have transformed them.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to roll up to Leicester being the player that he is.

What an incredible talent. So lucky to have him.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

The only time I've ever heard of Castagne was when it was rumored that Rogers wanted him at Celtic. In hindsight I can't believe Celtic didn't get this over the line. He would have transformed them.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to roll up to Leicester being the player that he is.

What an incredible talent. So lucky to have him.

Castagne refused Celtic himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1