Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

He undisputedly had a total stinker this week

He doesn’t always have a total stinker

sometimes he has exceptionally good games

On the odd occasion he drops a clanger…. He probably drops more clangers than is reasonable 

You could say much the same about many team members

The pile on when he underperforms is not particularly balanced

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

On the odd occasion he drops a clanger…. He probably drops more clangers than is reasonable 

Name 3? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

Name 3? 

You can name more than 3…. Scroll back through this thread…. Lots of happy customers after certain games 

Should he start?  No, I don’t think so…. The point I’m making is that the attention he gets after a stinker is inflated…

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I think the problem - part of it at least - is that he keeps dropping the exact same clanger - a pitiful attempt at a pass somewhere around the edge of our box that goes straight to an opponent.

At least Soyuncu, when he had his nightmare succession of brainfarts, kept finding different horrendous mistakes to make.

Just now, StanSP said:

Shite passer of the ball. 

I'd like to unpick the emotion of 'shite'. He is a solid cautious passer of the ball, backwards, sideways, slow, predictable and deliberate. Adds little to help us attack and prone to make the odd gaff or miss a sitter like the header today. Not good enough as a starter and really should only help us defend a lead.

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’ve defended him and acknowledged some of his good performances but he was shit today 

How he can be defended on his performances this season is beyond me. Twice in a row he gave the ball away in exactly the same position where in multiple games we've conceded a goal. He's just not even good enough for league 1. Why o why do we keep playing him!? I'm starting to hate the guy, but I know it's BR who's to blame. 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah agreed I posted in the wrong thread sorry 

I’m not saying he did everything bad but he gave the ball away when not under pressure around our box a number of times from which we were lucky not to concede 

That’s  how I saw it anyway