Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Belgium player tests positive for COVID-19

45 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

I would have thought the test results regarding the rest of the squad would be known by now.

The game has yet to be called off and if Belgium can put a team out then then chances are our players will be OK for Sunday.  

the point is that the 3 players can test negative every day for the next 13 days and potentially positive on day 14.   the day they test positive is the day that they can be infecting the remainder of the squad without knowing.  this risk day could occur on any of the 14 days. hence, once they return, we would be best to keep all the players well apart from each other when indoors. i doubt there is much risk when playing, as long as we don't get involved with hugs and cuddles on the pitch. once we get to 23rd September without a positive test, we can be confident that no one has brought the virus back from the international break

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the point is that the 3 players can test negative every day for the next 13 days and potentially positive on day 14.   the day they test positive is the day that they can be infecting the remainder of the squad without knowing.  this risk day could occur on any of the 14 days. hence, once they return, we would be best to keep all the players well apart from each other when indoors. i doubt there is much risk when playing, as long as we don't get involved with hugs and cuddles on the pitch. once we get to 23rd September without a positive test, we can be confident that no one has brought the virus back from the international break

If the remainder of the squad and all staff test negative following the removal of the positive test case, then that should remove the need for self isolation. 

The 14 day thing is about whether you have the virus but (because you haven't had a test) are not showing symptoms yet.

At least that's how I believe it should work. 

Absolute farce this international break. Teams flying about all over the place to take part in pretty meaningless games that few are interested in. 

All these international breaks should of been canned for the season. Surprised the clubs havnt made more of a fuss. I'd be fuming if we lose a few players to covid that they caught playing abroad. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I really dont understand why international friendlies happen, almost every footy fan I know off doesnt bother with them, they just seen as a hindrence.

Pretty much for the same reason preseason friendlies happen at club level - preparation for competitive games.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Ridiculous it even needs explaining

Of course it does, you think I am the only one with this question, before I made that post, it was pretty much anyone I ever discussed it with agreed with me.

There is friendlies scattered throughout a season, which can be a year away from a competitive game.

For pre season friendlies is also about improving sharpness as players have had a holiday period off, that excuse isnt really there for international competitive games as they usually during or after a season.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Jesus this isn’t good. 

I really don’t get why the nations league is going ahead this season. The last one had a bearing on the Euros but I’m pretty sure this one doesn’t. 

To play what are little more than friendlies at this current time is pathetic.

its the way that FAs make money - it is also away of spreading covid19 around squads.... irresponsible. I forecast t this and would happen,,, and the clubs need to put an end to this.

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Friendlies arent needed, players are already fit from playing for their clubs.

Clubs dont do friendlies mid season to prepare for cup games.

Because clubs can evaluate and work with their squads virtually daily throughout the season.

National teams, unlike clubs, are not settled squads.  Friendlies are necessary to evaluate players (as they come in and out of the squad), build cohesion and work on tactics. A club manager has his squad everyday for most of the season, but a national team manager can only periodically enjoys the same every few months. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Of course it does, you think I am the only one with this question, before I made that post, it was pretty much anyone I ever discussed it with agreed with me.

There is friendlies scattered throughout a season, which can be a year away from a competitive game.

For pre season friendlies is also about improving sharpness as players have had a holiday period off, that excuse isnt really there for international competitive games as they usually during or after a season.

Without friendlies we're talking about 8 games max between tournaments, virtually every game a number of players in that team would be unavailable through injury. We then go into these tournaments with a first XI that has never played with each other before. I wouldn't really say what they do now is ideal to build chemistry up between players, let alone reducing games even further.

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Because clubs can evaluate and work with their squads virtually daily throughout the season.

National teams, unlike clubs, are not settled squads.  Friendlies are necessary to evaluate players (as they come in and out of the squad), build cohesion and work on tactics. A club manager has his squad everyday for most of the season, but a national team manager can only periodically enjoys the same every few months. 

Ridiculous this even ne....................

Edited by Walkers

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

National teams, unlike clubs, are not settled squads.  Friendlies are necessary to evaluate players (as they come in and out of the squad), build cohesion and work on tactics. A club manager has his squad everyday for most of the season, but a national team manager can only periodically enjoys the same every few months. 

So why is Kane starting instead of Ings?

Oh wait, I forgot, Southgate is a Muppet.

Dire's in again I notice. :rolleyes:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Probably because Kane is better. Not that I particularly enjoy watching England with Kane in the team, always seems a bit of a passenger but still

But the post I was replying to was saying friendlies are needed to test out new players, yet Southgate has his favourites who constantly play regardless. Ings got a lot of goals playing for a poor team last season.

Though, so did Kane.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

If the remainder of the squad and all staff test negative following the removal of the positive test case, then that should remove the need for self isolation. 

The 14 day thing is about whether you have the virus but (because you haven't had a test) are not showing symptoms yet.

At least that's how I believe it should work. 

Player tests negative = player cannot pass on the virus (they are not infectious) 

but having been in contact with a positive case, the player could at any point in the following two weeks become infectious - between the point which they develop that capability and the point at which they are next tested (which would be positive) they are then able to transmit the virus.  so it’s a big risk for us over the next two weeks .....

• Like 1