Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Belgium player tests positive for COVID-19

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I presume people who don't like international football or its "glorified friendlies" don't pay any attention to the Euros/World Cup. I feel sorry for you

Personally speaking, although I always take an interest and wish England well, compared to our bread and butter Premiership football, I couldn't give a toss. Why in the present climate are they even travelling abroad for such a meaningless trumped up tin pot competition is beyond me. Even if we were to forget health issues, let's not forget that these players are paid tens of thousands by their clubs to perform for them, not some vanity project and little earner for others. Clubs not being able to field their best players are at a huge disadvantage and points lost at the start of the season can have drastic financial consequences in eventual relegation or European places. When members of the public are having to isolate and potentially lose money having travelled abroad foraholiday, football too, for me, is non essential travel for a competition like this and sets a poor example. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Belgium played Denmark so Kasper too?

I don't believe the Belgian player in question made it onto the pitch.
However, judging from the Danish manager's comments about expecting the English squad to be tested as a result of Foden's and Greenwood's escapade, it would be hypocritical of him not to have the Danish squad tested in this situation as well.

• Like 1

I have a feeling (although i hope i am wrong) that this season will not be completed. With the already tight schedule and potential for things to get worse over winter i can see teams struggling to field competitive teams. As for fans allowed back from oct 3rd no chance. Like i say i really hope i am wrong but i fear the worst not just here but across europe as well.

27 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I presume people who don't like international football or its "glorified friendlies" don't pay any attention to the Euros/World Cup. I feel sorry for you

People always say this but it's not really the same is it? There's no corrolation.

Watching a friendly doesn't equate to watching World Cup finals just like watching an LCFC friendly isn't the same as watching us in the season.

Players have so many games in such a tight space of time atm, season effected by a pandemic, last thing they need is pointless International games.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

People always say this but it's not really the same is it? There's no corrolation.

Watching a friendly doesn't equate to watching World Cup finals just like watching an LCFC friendly isn't the same as watching us in the season.

It isn't really a friendly though is it. I mean we can have qualifiers against the likes of San Marino to book our spot at the finals if that floats your boat? If not then we're just stuck with summer tournaments, with a squad of players who have never played with each other before? Doesn't sound the best preperation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I have a feeling (although i hope i am wrong) that this season will not be completed. With the already tight schedule and potential for things to get worse over winter i can see teams struggling to field competitive teams. As for fans allowed back from oct 3rd no chance. Like i say i really hope i am wrong but i fear the worst not just here but across europe as well.

I believe that this season there is already a plan in place if this were too happen. Ending the season early last time round would have been very controversial due to the relegation places, even though it would have worked out well for us! There are rumours that if the season ends early this time round, there will be no relegation, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

It isn't really a friendly though is it. I mean we can have qualifiers against the likes of San Marino to book our spot at the finals if that floats your boat? If not then we're just stuck with summer tournaments, with a squad of players who have never played with each other before? Doesn't sound the best preperation.

Oh I understand playing them but right before the season always seemed strange to me.

45 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Would happily scrap international football. Absolute borefest and that includes major tournaments despite the hype.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I believe that this season there is already a plan in place if this were too happen. Ending the season early last time round would have been very controversial due to the relegation places, even though it would have worked out well for us! There are rumours that if the season ends early this time round, there will be no relegation, etc. 

Yes, they've agreed how to deal with a curtailment. It's a lot easier to agree a plan prior to the season and you choose a plan you think is fair and equal rather than based on what's advantageous to you, depending on your league position at the time. Presumably also depends on number of games played etc.

Another round of these Internationals in a month - lovely :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly this is the biggest farce going. All for some glamorized friendlies. 

I personally ignored the England game, couldn’t give less of a damn about what happens. 

I really hope some heads heads roll over the decision to do this. I can assure you if a big club lose 3/4 players there will be an uproar. 

If its us, nobody will blink 

Lucky you. It was abject. I'm not against the nations league as such but I think it would've been well advised to just give this one a miss. Common sense as per usual doesn't triumph though.

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No relegation? End the season now!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh I understand playing them but right before the season always seemed strange to me.

Don't think thats a regular thing is it? They've always played at this time of year which coincides with the later start to the season. I do remember friendlies(?) being played early August though, that is daft

2 hours ago, waylander said:

Report says the whole Belgium squad now being tested. We could potentially lose the first team players. For Sunday. 

I would have thought the test results regarding the rest of the squad would be known by now.

The game has yet to be called off and if Belgium can put a team out then then chances are our players will be OK for Sunday.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyN11 said:

I would have thought the test results regarding the rest of the squad would be known by now.

The game has yet to be called off and if Belgium can put a team out then then chances are our players will be OK for Sunday.  

Hope this is the case ridiculous too have allowed these internationals right before the start of the season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Don't think thats a regular thing is it? They've always played at this time of year which coincides with the later start to the season. I do remember friendlies(?) being played early August though, that is daft

Yeah because of the timing of the season. That's sort of what I meant. Surely just move the Internationals on a bit this season too.

But they've happened now so never mind lol