Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Danny Drinkwater

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

He was great in the Champions League run, that goes under appreciated. He wasn’t absolutely top drawer but his range of passing and his defensive ability set him apart from almost every other English midfielder at the time.

The Chelsea move was a sliding doors moment, had he stayed here he’d have most likely picked up further England caps.

This is the Drinky I remember during the early phases of the season. He was everywhere and one of the few players that was driving us forwards at times. Much like KDH all the time now.

I definitely remember a massive drop off in effort/performances from him leading up to the Jan window though,I remember thinking my dad was pranking me when he said that Chelsea had put a bid in for him.

Also I just looked at the England midfield for the 2016 euros and to be fair, the English options were fairly grim so you're right, had he stayed and continued to shine at an upper mid table club, he would most likely have picked up some caps. 

• Like 1

He needs to give it one final crack with Big Nige at Brizzle. Nige knew how to motivate him and make it work. It maybe too late for Danny D now. But I reckon that's his best chance. 

Oh and you revisionists on here dissing his significance in our historical season / success. You must have Alzheimer's. He was a massive part of it. Love the Drinkwater!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

He was great in the Champions League run, that goes under appreciated. He wasn’t absolutely top drawer but his range of passing and his defensive ability set him apart from almost every other English midfielder at the time.

The Chelsea move was a sliding doors moment, had he stayed here he’d have most likely picked up further England caps.

....it was his exquisite pass to Vardy in the first leg against Sevilla that brought the score back to 1-2 and gave us a foothold in the tie!!!

• Like 1

I don't begrudge any player leaving Leicester for a "bigger" club and a lot more money. It's the way they do it that is the issue. DD pushed through a move at the last minute and caused us to fvck up over Silva. Like Mahrez, I completely get why they moved but the way they went about it sucked. Maguire and Chilwell weirdly get a lot more stick despite us as a club benefiting more from those transfers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I don't begrudge any player leaving Leicester for a "bigger" club and a lot more money. It's the way they do it that is the issue. DD pushed through a move at the last minute and caused us to fvck up over Silva. Like Mahrez, I completely get why they moved but the way they went about it sucked. Maguire and Chilwell weirdly get a lot more stick despite us as a club benefiting more from those transfers.

so … Drinkwater is responsible for the Silva deal not going through on time?

crikey…

• Like 1

Well whatever happened to his career after leaving us, he can still still look at his premier league title winning medal with the upmost satisfaction. And it was also the most special title winning medal in the Premiers history.He was an integral part of the most astonishing feat in footballing history. A world wide phenominon that is still acknowleged as the most unlikely win ever. People saying medals and titles don't count , well they do . They are the reason for being, the things that every top footballer aspires to. People like Harry Kane will if he never wins anything look at our title winning team and envy each and every one  for that title winning medal. Drinkwater will remain one of our own immortals so good luck to him in whatever he does now.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Captain... said:

Neither Maguire nor Chilwell kicked up a fuss, and the club had ready made replacements for them.

Both Drinkwater and Mahrez left holes in the team.

I will never get the ill will to Harry or Ben. We should name pitches after them at the training ground.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Neither Maguire nor Chilwell kicked up a fuss, and the club had ready made replacements for them.

I will never get the ill will to Harry or Ben. We should name pitches after them at the training ground.

With chilwell it was his remarks after he left for chelsea that our fans don't like him for.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Maguire was never good enough to name a training ground after though. We conceded goals like a sieve during his 2 seasons here and we were mostly dragged to 2 9th places by Vardy’s goals. And our defence improved once he left. He was great on the ball but also made mistakes and wasn’t the best positionally.

Not saying he was crap, he was pretty good, but he was our what? 5th? 6th? best centre back since we came back to the PL in 2014 alone. Certainly behind Morgan, Huth, Evans and Fofana. And Soyuncu’s peak was better than Maguire’s peak as well.

If it wasn’t for the transfer to ManUtd and him costing £80m, he’d be a pretty forgettable figure in the clubs history.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

Maguire was never good enough to name a training ground after though. We conceded goals like a sieve during his 2 seasons here and we were mostly dragged to 2 9th places by Vardy’s goals. And our defence improved once he left. He was great on the ball but also made mistakes and wasn’t the best positionally.

Not saying he was crap, he was pretty good, but he was our what? 5th? 6th? best centre back since we came back to the PL in 2014 alone. Certainly behind Morgan, Huth, Evans and Fofana. And Soyuncu’s peak was better than Maguire’s peak as well.

If it wasn’t for the transfer to ManUtd and him costing £80m, he’d be a pretty forgettable figure in the clubs history.

Can't forget how small he is compared to Cags winkle though.