Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Danny Drinkwater

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

some unforgiving guys on here eh

hopefully nobody in your family or close friends suffer from any alcohol issues or addiction at any point

I have/do, but I don't go blaming everyone else for it !

firmly of the opinion Danny is a bit of a knob ! grateful for his considerable contributions whilst he was with us though I have to say

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

I didn't realise Kante could telepathically move Drinkwater's feet to make him a great passer of the ball, especially in the seasons he wasn't even playing for us.

Honestly, I hate to say it, but it's almost getting to the point where Kante is starting to get overrated. These days it seems like some people seem to want to make out he was a one-man team the season he was here and he telepathically controlled everything the likes of Drinkwater, Morgan, Huth, Okazaki and Albrighton all did or something.

Edit: And yeah, I'm not defending his off-the-field stuff, nor do I think Chelsea destroyed him, I just find these jibes at his on-the-field performances here, as if he was anything other than a fantastic player for us, (especially when trying to make his seem crap to big up Kante) really tiresome and transparent and patently distorted versions of reality.

You could have replaced Drinkwater with a pre injury Matty James and we'd still have won the league. Kante, alongside with Vardy and Mahrez, were irreplaceable. Think of the top 5 most important players in the 15/16 side and DD is not part of it. 

Also, Kante isn't overrated. He's an elite footballer and has been a amongst the best midfielders in the world for a good 5 years. 

Screenshot_20220527_111336.thumb.jpg.e5cae82a2c55af040373d1ce751ce313.jpg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Raj said:

Hes not a legend and shouldn't be classed in the same light as Vardy/Wes/Kasper/Mahrez. 

These guys didnt jump ship for the money and do nothing forctge rest of their career(Mahrez DID jump for the cash BUT atleast hes eon stuff and played).

DD will look back on his career when hes in his retirement home and think he should have really done a hell of alot more with his talent.

Or more likely he'll look back on a career in which he won the championship and the premier league and retired with millions of pounds in the bank.

13 hours ago, Raj said:

Hes not a legend and shouldn't be classed in the same light as Vardy/Wes/Kasper/Mahrez. 

These guys didnt jump ship for the money and do nothing forctge rest of their career(Mahrez DID jump for the cash BUT atleast hes eon stuff and played).

DD will look back on his career when hes in his retirement home and think he should have really done a hell of alot more with his talent.

Mahrez didn't jump ship for the money lol he joined the league champions. The only thing Drinkwater will probably regret is squandering playing years in his peak, but I'm sure the money will help that. 

To suggest he could've won more I think is daft as well, Chelsea was the level above and he wasn't good enough for that level. Had he not lost his head, butted players and got smashed you'd have realistically saw Drinkwater either stay here or probably end up at a villa or west ham sort of around the mid table. I think what genuinely did contribute to him going off the rails is the fact he knew he was never reaching those highs again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raj said:

It p1sses me off that players with talent have a chance but just waste it when us mere mortals would love to have the talent.

DD says himself HE messed his chance up , for me that's it in a nutshell.

...having  the talent is only part of it!!!

There is then the mentality that needs to be there, that makes you go out there and perform. Having the money and flash cars do not take away self doubts, or banish the thoughts in your head, telling you, you are not good enough. So you take a drink to make you feel better, just to get pass this moment, and it then becomes a ritual in order to make the feelings go away. Your body's tolerance levels kicks in, an soon it needs more to take the edge off.

Having told his story, the best that he can do, is put himself infront of a professional mental health practitioner, so he can understand why these negative feelings keep following him, and why they are there in the first place.

Moving around to different environments is not going to help, if anything it will make things worse, he is struggling to keep it all together and by moving from club  to club he is adding more pressures on himself,  regarding fitting in and taking in new and unfamiliar surroundings. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Haha. This is exactly the type of transparent and distorted versions of reality I'm talking about. I think even you deep down know this is crap.

If you dislike Drinkwater as a person, fine. If you love Kante as a player and a person, fine. But it's clear you're using that to talk down Drinkwater's ability and contribution to us and to try and make Kante seem like a one-man midfield.

At the time of our title winning season, Drinkwater absolutely was considered in our top 5 most important players that season btw (with Wes Morgan being the other) - go back and look up the threads and match ratings at the time from here - I think Drinkwater finished 3rd or 4th in the match ratings here that season, actually ahead of Mahrez and only behind Kante, Vardy and maybe Morgan (can't remember who finished 3rd or 4th from Wes and Drinkwater),

About 13 players in that title winning side were irreplaceable, including Drinkwater - that's why we won the league, Absolutely no way would James have won us the league, you could see in our Championship winning season for example, how much better Drinkwater was at his best than James. James was a very good player, but he never had the range of passing or vision or ability to play a throughball like Drinkwater did. That's why that season was so good, because everyone played out their skins.

We never would've won the title if we hadn't changed our fullbacks from De Laet and Schlupp to Simpson and Fuchs for example, regardless of what Kante, Mahrez and Vardy did, we never would've won the title if Albrighton and Okazaki didn't run themselves into the group and pressing and hounding the opposition (Albrighton outran Kante that season iirc), we never would've won the league if Morgan and Huth weren't so imperious in the air and at making blocks and at marking at set-pieces and barely made a single defensive mistake all season. Neither would we have won the league without Ulloa coming in 3 or 4 times and scoring massive goals when we were struggling and our momentum was waning. I don't think we'd have even won the league without Nathan Dyer's goal vs Villa to be honest, as that was such a massive goal in gaining our momentum in the early part of the season. My memory is that Drinkwater to Vardy was the 2nd most common assist-scorer duo in that season only behind Alli-Kane.

Kante was not telepathically making these passes Drinkwater was making, neither did James ever make those kind of over the top or through balls for us to the same high quality or level of frequency.

Drinkwater himself was also good defensively and among amongst the best tacklers in the league that season - 8th in the league and he contributed also hugely alongside Kante to the protection of the defence, which I also don't think James ever would've got close to. Kante was obviously great, but he was not a one-man team nor a one-man midfield.

Thank goodness somebody had the patience to explain it :appl:

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Always had a lot of love for Danny D. It's gone badly wrong for him. But he did us proud in his foxes years. Maybe Big Nige should get hold of him again. He described him as a complicated character. But one he was able to manage .

...kindred spirits..!!!

Off the Field D.Trinkwasser or any other well known name across all famous Making careers....is just Another guy/gal in & mirroring our very own society..

Politician,Actor,Policemen,doctor, high Performance Athletes & Sports people....They are all Part of "our" society.I

you cant drop out of society,because whatever it is you drop into or out of us still part of our said society...

You will have the nice Quiet sort, the gobby sort, Shy, bigheads,bighearted, concientious, short-cut takers, conmen, upfront-honest,  partner-beaters,

bullshitters, loyal, sell their soul, mentality weak/strong characters, leaders,creators, troubldshooters, maintainers,self-opionated, Good listeners...!!

Whatever you earn, high, low, surviving, poverty level....One cant use any periphery external excuses.You have to stand to your own actions,

Plus its reasonable  vor all not to have to Listen to Lazy life's commentators demanding more expectations from you...just because..???

Our life's path, character & mindset is of our own choosing.

There are some of our society who so have mental or physical difficult to various N.ths  of degrees,who Need to be supported & cared for..

There must be also ne a place & understanding  for those who lose shortly their life's balance...

I loved D.Drinkwasser time with us & he showed a strong character trait,

& more than decent Football Skill he was tested in his chosen career  & in his time with us he & ourselves came out on top...Leaving Great memories

Kante with James, kante with King ( was quite successfull) but that Kante with Drinkwater was "The" Paring that Drove us to the title....Nobody else.!

Simply because there was no other story..No ifs, No coulds,  Teamsheets matchups & achieved title ,doesn't lie

He hit a Bit of an injury wall that ,got away & developed above & Away from Our/Chelsea medical teams.& Obviously himself Horror thoughts...

That however doesn't excuse These Blame or excuses of the continual off-field antics...

In the old days, a Drink & fag & odd stropp, wasnt anything to worry about....

Off the Field D.Trinkwasser or any other well known name across all famous Making careers....is just Another guy/gal in & mirroring our very own society..

Politician,Actor,Policemen,doctor, high Performance Athletes & Sports people....They are all Part of "our" society.I

you cant drop out of society,because whatever it is you drop into or out of us still part of our said society...

You will have the nice Quiet sort, the gobby sort, Shy, bigheads,bighearted, concientious, short-cut takers, conmen, upfront-honest,  partner-beaters,

bullshitters, loyal, sell their soul, mentality weak/strong characters, leaders,creators, troubldshooters, maintainers,self-opionated, Good listeners...!!

Whatever you earn, high, low, surviving, poverty level....One cant use any periphery external excuses.You have to stand to your own actions,

Plus its reasonable  vor all not to have to Listen to Lazy life's commentators demanding more expectations from you...just because..???

Our life's path character mindset is of our own choosing

Just reading the original article from 2020 and it's quite evident that DD has/had some major issues. He wanted to see Dean Smith after not coming on to play against us and instead head butted Jota. That's just bizarre.

Its very tricky for him now as after youve gone on a rollercoaster like ours, its hard to motivate yourself to go back to mid table championship football. I dont think he loves the game enough for that to drive him to push on for more again.  He was a fantastic player and if a team can finally tap into him they will get a bargain when they look back. 

Everything about Bristol would make sense. Get him back alongside Matty J 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Its very tricky for him now as after youve gone on a rollercoaster like ours, its hard to motivate yourself to go back to mid table championship football. I dont think he loves the game enough for that to drive him to push on for more again.  He was a fantastic player and if a team can finally tap into him they will get a bargain when they look back. 

Everything about Bristol would make sense. Get him back alongside Matty J 

......Matty, his car sharing pal, not being there on a daily basis might just have been the person holding Drinkwater together !!!

I would think he has a lot to offer in respect of Drinkwater's sanity and perhaps would be a good place to start in evaluating the problems which plagued Drinkwater.

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

Just reading the original article from 2020 and it's quite evident that DD has/had some major issues. He wanted to see Dean Smith after not coming on to play against us and instead head butted Jota. That's just bizarre.

To get to the top in football takes self belief, persistence... and for some... some instability.   Would gazza have been the player he was without his issues?  .... these started as perhaps attentional issues and a lack of executive function. 

We should not expect footballers to be chilled rational empaths.

For me, I admire that drinky had the ambition to want to be a big six player (... man utd told him he wouldnt)... and that was part of who he is.  Yet...for him it was a step too far. Like gazza, five bellies, Italian grog and a flat in Roma caused gazza's problems to spiral.... I wonder if the move south .... the loss of family... of confidants etc ....together with the frustration of things not going well caused drinkys problems.  Certainly he cameos at burnley and villa did  not go well. 

Yet he was great for us... he was our playmaker in our greatest season

I hope he is less troubled and can find a place to enjoy his football. 

Here's to you Danny...

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......Matty, his car sharing pal, not being there on a daily basis might just have been the person holding Drinkwater together !!!

I would think he has a lot to offer in respect of Drinkwater's sanity and perhaps would be a good place to start in evaluating the problems which plagued Drinkwater.

Best place to start would probably be a therapist's office, not asking a guy trying to make the most of in injury-plagued career at a Championship club to babysit DD.

Drinkwater hasn't played for Big Nige in 7 years, and Bristol is coming off a mediocre season with an owner who thinks they should have done better. Do you really think Pearson is going to take a risk on a player that has caused dressing room problems everywhere he has been the last 5 years? As well as the heat he would take for signing yet another ex-LCFC player in their 30s?

Drinky has some career choices ahead of him, but I think he needs to move forward and not step into the past.

38 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Best place to start would probably be a therapist's office, not asking a guy trying to make the most of in injury-plagued career at a Championship club to babysit DD.

Drinkwater hasn't played for Big Nige in 7 years, and Bristol is coming off a mediocre season with an owner who thinks they should have done better. Do you really think Pearson is going to take a risk on a player that has caused dressing room problems everywhere he has been the last 5 years? As well as the heat he would take for signing yet another ex-LCFC player in their 30s?

Drinky has some career choices ahead of him, but I think he needs to move forward and not step into the past.

....not sure you are responding to the right post, as I have not said any of the things you are commenting on!!!

My take is that Matty James might have some idea more than most as to what Drinkwater is going through and why. Sometimes if the patient finds it difficult to verbalise his problems, a close friend can give you insight as to what is really going on.

On 10/09/2020 at 11:10, Jobyfox said:

It’s interesting that fans demand loyalty and passion from our players, but don’t see the irony of how fickle we are ourselves. Players don’t ‘love’ clubs like we do they’re just managing their own careers.

You'd think the 2015/16 season would have given that team a free hit in terms of being revered for all time whatever their choices. Instead we’re happy to condemn them for chasing money and more success.

I find the booing of Mahrez a bit moronic considering what he achieved for us. Similarly Drinkwater delivered in a team that got us promotion even before 15/16. I know they may have said a few things that to me just reveals that they’re not die hard fans of LCFC like we are.

I agree with those who question why Kante is excused. He was the one that left immediately to a club that hadn’t even qualified for the Champions League and was possibly one of the biggest reasons for our immediate slump.

I’ll never be able to shout abuse at our 15/16 heroes as some think it is ok to do but, for me, it’s Kante who I remember the least favourably despite his incredible attributes. 

I have it on genuinely good authority that a significant number of top footballers don’t particularly like playing football. It’s ‘a job’ that just happens to pay ridiculous amounts of money.

Its the fans that add the other bits. The ‘loyalty’ of players to clubs, the fan worship, the ‘cult status’ and all that stuff.

The players keep fit, eat the right food and play football. Training tends to end mid-late morning after which they have relaxation time. Therefore, ‘leisure time’ from about mid day to the next morning.

These guys work hard but they are also lucky fookers. They were mainly born with ability, got scouted at an early age, got looked after, we’re popular at school, had the best looking dates etc etc

And many are millionaires from their second contract onwards 
It’s ‘fans’ that add the adulation etc

Do you really think that the likes of Danny Drinkwater gives a shiny shite about what Leicester fans think of him? His move to Chelsea, though pants for football reasons, made him a multi millionaire 

Edited by Col city fan