Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

lol

I take it that's your disapproval?

I'll explain myself...

England will always be shite whilst Southgate persists with the most negative football I've ever seen, despite having a wealth of attacking talent.

I think @Ric Flair summed it up perfectly on the England thread in General Sport earlier.

The 2018 World Cup was a freak occurrence and luck of the draw. 

We won 3 games out of 7. 2 of them were Panama and Tunisia (who we scraped past).

Whenever we met a decent team, we were terrible.

If anyone is in favour of Southgate being the manager, I'm absolutely amazed.

So if we go to shit again are you gonna go get a utd top? :ph34r:

Edited by ARTY_FOX

7 hours ago, theessexfox said:

1 year extension isn’t great and pretty much cements that he’ll be gone next summer, if true, but another year of Youri is a huge bonus 

I don’t think a single Leicester fan on this forum would begrudge that if he stays again and we fail to get top 4 again.

Hes already done enough to show commitment by joining us over bigger clubs, staying after we threw away top 4 last season, almost single handedly won the FA Cup for us. He’s a Leicester legend for me already.

If he stays this year then for me he owes us absolutely nothing and would deserve a big move next summer should we fail again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I don’t think a single Leicester fan on this forum would begrudge that if he stays again and we fail to get top 4 again.

Hes already done enough to show commitment by joining us over bigger clubs, staying after we threw away top 4 last season, almost single handedly won the FA Cup for us. He’s a Leicester legend for me already.

If he stays this year then for me he owes us absolutely nothing and would deserve a big move next summer should we fail again.

Agreed, I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all and I hope he'd never get booed by a Leicester fan. I'd hope he went on to play for a European giant, but he should go to the very top and deserves to be playing on the biggest stage. In an ideal world, this could still be compatible with a 2 year extension and trying to sell from a position of strength next year with 3 years left on his deal, and the potential for another season without getting dangerously close to having 1 year left, but from his perspective I can understand why he wouldn't want to tie himself down to another 4 years.

36 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

So if we go to shit again are you gonna go get a utd top? :ph34r:

I'm certainly not alone in my disdain for the England team. 

It's just negative and boring.

The FA constantly pick yes men to the do the job.

Until people stop going to matches or stop watching on TV, they'll carry on doing the same.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Agreed, I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all and I hope he'd never get booed by a Leicester fan. I'd hope he went on to play for a European giant, but he should go to the very top and deserves to be playing on the biggest stage. In an ideal world, this could still be compatible with a 2 year extension and trying to sell from a position of strength next year with 3 years left on his deal, and the potential for another season without getting dangerously close to having 1 year left, but from his perspective I can understand why he wouldn't want to tie himself down to another 4 years.

Yeah if he signs 1/2 year extension I’d be over the moon and it would be the best news of the summer for us over anything else.

It would also be such good news that I believe if Youri signs, it would keep everyone together, as if Youri left, the other players like Wilf might jump a sinking ship knowing that we are unlikely to compete next year.

As said before, I’ve not felt ever(even Kante) where our future trajectory is almost solely relied on 1 player.

Hes the key, he’s the heartbeat, he’s in his peak and he’s 1 of the worlds best. He is irreplaceable.

To your first point, he would never EVER get booed by anyone, I could almost guarantee that. The quality and the loyalty he’s already shown is miles better than any of the others we lost - add to being fundamental to both our past 2 Europa qualifications and FA Cup success and being the key component to that, he is a Leicester legend for life.

Should he sign an extension then hes secured legend status for me, if he hadn’t already!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He’ll never sign a 1/2 year extension. It’ll be a brand new 4 year contract with a significant wage rise with a gentleman’s agreement enabling him to leave for this that and the other in a year or two time. 

When he does move on the new contract he signs with us will be a starting point for negotiations with whoever he moves to. 

A four year deal will take him to 2025

im not sure ‘gentleman’s agreements’ are well liked by agents 

There is nothing to stop him signing a one year extension on improved terms is there ??  Then he just kicks the can down the road for a year and both sides have a call to make next summer. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’ll never sign a 1/2 year extension. It’ll be a brand new 4 year contract with a significant wage rise with a gentleman’s agreement enabling him to leave for this that and the other in a year or two time. 

When he does move on the new contract he signs with us will be a starting point for negotiations with whoever he moves to. 

Anything as long as he’s playing in the foxes blue kit until summer 2022 I’m happy. 1 more season and if we fail again for the CL for a 3rd time then I’d happily drive him to Madrid, Munich or wherever he wants to go!

I think if I was Top, I’d say ‘Please stay 1 more year and I promise you can go next summer’. ‘We will back Brendan and give a real push again, your 24 and still have a lot of time left to get to a dream club’

Hopefully that would be a fair agreement and best for both. You could argue not best for Youri as he probably could be a starter in almost any team right low, but he’ll only just of turned 25 next summer so still has 5+ years at the top at a top club.

He seems to love it here and unlike Riyad, I believe would fight his heart out to the end so long as Top sticks to the gentleman’s agreement if we do fail.

It would be great for all and could help us have more time to scout a long term replacement incase.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is nothing to stop him signing a one year extension on improved terms is there ??  Then he just kicks the can down the road for a year and both sides have a call to make next summer. 

There’s not no, but it just doesn’t happen anymore unless you’re pushing the later stages of your career. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the new 4 year contract would do a number of positive things for both parties. Improved    wages for Youri first off and so a springboard for future negotiations. Improved clauses all round etc. Could see him going this route. Also cannot really see an obstacle to a 1 year extension - but I’m not negotiating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

lol

I take it that's your disapproval?

I'll explain myself...

England will always be shite whilst Southgate persists with the most negative football I've ever seen, despite having a wealth of attacking talent.

I think @Ric Flair summed it up perfectly on the England thread in General Sport earlier.

The 2018 World Cup was a freak occurrence and luck of the draw. 

We won 3 games out of 7. 2 of them were Panama and Tunisia (who we scraped past).

Whenever we met a decent team, we were terrible.

If anyone is in favour of Southgate being the manager, I'm absolutely amazed.

Lol. I’m not a Southgate fan. Far to negative. But I’m English. So I’d never where a Belgium shirt. Just like wearing a forest, Coventry or Spurs shirt 🤮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I'm certainly not alone in my disdain for the England team. 

It's just negative and boring.

The FA constantly pick yes men to the do the job.

Until people stop going to matches or stop watching on TV, they'll carry on doing the same.

It was posted very tongue in cheek. 

I couldn't support another country over England though. England does have their problems but they're still 'my team' as is leicester. Couldn't wear a teams shirt leicester are likely to play nor could I cheer a country we're likely to lose to. 

Would be like the people you went school with who liked leicester but man utd were their premier league team for me lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

What's the difference between a 2 year extension and a new 4 year contract? The 2 year extension comes with an implied wage rise, no? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

What's the difference between a 2 year extension and a new 4 year contract? The 2 year extension comes with an implied wage rise, no? 

It’s just how it works these days. Big statement from the club and player etc. 

43 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I couldn't support another country over England though. England does have their problems but they're still 'my team' as is leicester. Couldn't wear a teams shirt leicester are likely to play nor could I cheer a country we're likely to lose to. 

Would be like the people you went school with who liked leicester but man utd were their premier league team for me lol

Makes me sick the amount of people happy to turn their back on their country. It’s embarrassing. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Fair enough.

Club over country for me, always.

Not saying I'm supporting Belgium, but I'd be proud if a team with 3 of our players won it.

At least they're progressive, unlike England.

I just can't get excited over an international tournament any more.

Would rather cheer on the Leicester players representing their countries. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think there's a world of difference between turning your back on your country, and not supporting a corporate brand that calls itself 'England'.

More to the point, those that have supported England but now would rather see Belgium win because they have three of our players on their squad. Of course that’s people’s choice and down to them but I don’t like it. 

Imagine supporting Leicester then three of our players move to the same club so you’d rather see them win. It pisses me off, nothing anyone can say or argue will change my mind on the matter. I find it cringeworthy and that’s being polite.

• Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I think you've built your case on a false premise, for what it's worth. What you've imagined there is far from directly comparable.

Was just a comparison nothing about my case. I’m a fiercely loyal person and I’ll never understand how people can cheer and support one team then actively hope they lose and/or support another team. I just don’t get it. Never will. But that’s just me, people that do might well feel their reasons for doing so are as justified as mine are for how I feel. 

Just now, Bert said:

Was just a comparison nothing about my case. I’m a fiercely loyal person and I’ll never understand how people can cheer and support one team then actively hope they lose and/or support another team. I just don’t get it. Never will. But that’s just me, people that do might well feel their reasons for doing so are as justified as mine are for how I feel. 

I know Bert - and I was saying the comparison isn't really consistent. Anyway, I take your point.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is the England team more corporate than club football? The players donate their appearance fees to charity, so they're not being paid to play. The team is defined by a common identity - you have to be English to play. It's not a team of stars plucked at great expense from around the world - it's a team of players of the same nationality.

I get why some people aren't into it - we've been fed some utter dross over the years. But it's very weird indeed when people go out of their way to boast about the fact that they dislike their own national team and - in some cases - actively support other countries.

I get where you're both coming from, but I also understand how it looks to those that find the 'jobs for the boys' element of our national set-up to be a massive turn off. Maybe you're as vexed by it as I am when people that claim to 'support' Leicester boo certain individuals or managers who represent the club at that particular point in time.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2