Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I looked it up.  Dead wood is useless wood dead on the tree, hence the term for somebody or something that needs to be removed.

So I guess if they’re not that, they’re just “wood”.

Aka “Chris”

10E2FE5A-0323-4573-B18C-ACA960487C80.jpeg

Probably shouldn't have used that word, but they're both finished at the club (in terms of playing matchday squad), so I just categorised them in with the rest in terms of getting their wages off the books.

Jesus Christ are people really crying about me using that term ffs, they're club legends that goes without sayinglol

Them leaving is why we need a couple of experienced signings in order to replace them (Bertrand and Tarkowski).

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

On 30/05/2021 at 15:43, Dr The Singh said:

So what are they:plancque:

Hardly deadwood. Club legends who’s time has come to an end doesn’t make them dead wood.

slimani, ghezzal, gray et al are dead wood

• Like 1

I really don't want him to go this season and certainly not to Liverpool. I was hoping we'd get out of the cycle of selling one a year and move to every 2 or 18 months. Weirdly, I think I'd be happier seeing him at Man United. There's just something about Liverpool that have proper wound me up these last few years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Hardly deadwood. Club legends who’s time has come to an end doesn’t make them dead wood.

slimani, ghezzal, gray et al are dead wood

You've just described dead wood. Slimani, ghezzal and gray can't be dead wood, they were never even part of the tree.

23 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Some people don’t even realize they are doing it 😂 there was someone who posted  before the cup final saying we need to sign better players than the likes of ‘listed fringe players and Vardy’ I was so close to giving them a virtual clip around the ear, but decided to enjoy the final and not bring any negativity. 

I understand they were trying to say we will need to improve on Vardy (at his age) going forward but the lack of respect from some people is criminal. 

Jesus Christ I bet they were terrified of that virtual clip! lol

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

The point when we know City have finally pulled themselves (itself?) over the ledge and on to the plateau, is when this 'sell one a year' habit is knocked on the head. It's become a kind of comforter for certain fans - the idea that we have a duplicate in the storeroom ready to supplant the previous one. That's part wise hiring/good development but also a portion of luck.

City actually got rid of some questionable personalities on the way to the bank - only Kante's departure was that regrettable in non-footballing terms.

Tielemans is a different kind of guy. Whether he buys into the Leicester 'journey' is for conjecture, yet moving to any of the four notorious clubs makes him an employee rather than a member of a 'family'.

Managers are now nothing more than playing a kind of safe musical chairs - get fired, move on to the next club. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte et all. Pochettino back to Spurs - what's that about?

Players are doing this too - the Ronaldo excuse me dance - Man Utd > Real > Juve > Man Utd next? Aguero to Barca. Bale back in the picture at Real. 

I think Youri would be wise to stay and BR wise to stick around too. Building a team around Tielemans could lead to a cohesion and stability the swap-and-change clubs might envy. I look at the sorry plight of Coutinho - it can happen to anyone in these mad-money money-mad times.

When things get mentioned enough time people just like to believe stuff. The one about our transfer model being like Dortmund and being sustainable. I don't think it is. Everyone sells to bigger clubs even Man U, Liverpool etc.

When was the last time Liverpool sold to a bigger club. Coutino to Barcelona? When was the last time Man U sold a player they wanted to keep, Ronaldo? Chelsea would be Hazard. It's once in a blue moon for those teams.

I'm not so sure it's clever planning either, Soyuncu wasn't considered good enough, we were desperately trying to sign a CB but failed. Luckily Soyuncu worked out.

We've got lucky more than a few times I don't think we can rely on luck.

Dortmund don't tend to  sell to strengthen their opposition, another floor in our plan. If we keep doing what we are I think we've reached our ceiling.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

When things get mentioned enough time people just like to believe stuff. The one about our transfer model being like Dortmund and being sustainable. I don't think it is. Everyone sells to bigger clubs even Man U, Liverpool etc.

When was the last time Liverpool sold to a bigger club. Coutino to Barcelona? When was the last time Man U sold a player they wanted to keep, Ronaldo? Chelsea would be Hazard. It's once in a blue moon for those teams.

I'm not so sure it's clever planning either, Soyuncu wasn't considered good enough, we were desperately trying to sign a CB but failed. Luckily Soyuncu worked out.

Dortmund don't tend to  sell to strengthen their opposition, another floor in our plan. If we keep doing what we are I think we've reached our ceiling.

This is wrong on so many levels!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Dortmund don't tend to  sell to strengthen their opposition, another floor in our plan. If we keep doing what we are I think we've reached our ceiling.

Lewandowski, Hummels, Gotze beg to differ

Dortmund are the 2nd biggest club in Germany yet have still managed to lose: Dembele, Pulisic, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Hummels, Diallo, Gundogan since 2016, and are very likely to lose Haaland and Sancho by next summer

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lewandowski, Hummels, Gotze beg to differ

Dortmund are the 2nd biggest club in Germany yet have still managed to lose: Dembele, Pulisic, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Hummels, Diallo, Gundogan since 2016, and are very likely to lose Haaland and Sancho by next summer

Hummels is still there, how many of those names went to teams in the Bundesliga, none?

We've sold Man U, Man City and Chelsea, Man U and Chelsea have narrowly beat us into 5th place in the last 2 seasons.

• Like 1

Our recruitment model is mostly doing OK and if we didn't sell anyone this year then that would be a massive statement to the other top end PL clubs that hey, we know we are doing fine and we don't necessarily need your cash to survive in the future. This attitude would mean we would slow down on selling a star from once a year to one every 2 years. I think this approach should be how we gently go forward in a transitioning sense.

42 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Hummels is still there, how many of those names went to teams in the Bundesliga, none?

We've sold Man U, Man City and Chelsea, Man U and Chelsea have narrowly beat us into 5th place in the last 2 seasons.

Hummels joined Bayern, then left and rejoined Dortmund once he wasn’t good enough for Bayern anymore

Still, the 2nd biggest club in Germany sell their players to the big boys in Europe, more and more of our players get linked with these clubs now, and it won’t be long before we sell someone abroad to one of them, and will do for many years to come because that is just the way it works

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hummels joined Bayern, then left and rejoined Dortmund once he wasn’t good enough for Bayern anymore

Still, the 2nd biggest club in Germany sell their players to the big boys in Europe, more and more of our players get linked with these clubs now, and it won’t be long before we sell someone abroad to one of them, and will do for many years to come because that is just the way it works

Ok I didn't realise that.

If we sell I'd sooner we did that and they went to someone outside the Prem. I just think sooner or later we're going to struggle to replace the quality we're losing.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Ok I didn't realise that.

If we sell I'd sooner we did that and they went to someone outside the Prem. I just think sooner or later we're going to struggle to replace the quality we're losing.

Oh I would much rather see us sell our players abroad as well, and no doubt we will eventually make a mistake with a replacement

Unfortunately it is just the way football is

On 25/05/2021 at 12:16, StanSP said:

Didn't Sam get the team lineups bang on sometimes, even the odd formations/players selected? 

@SmuelMartin tag him so he can answer! 

Apologies, just came on here to have a look at any Tarkowski news. 

The Tielemans thing came from someone quite close to him tbf, completely separate entity to where the team stuff comes from. 

Tielemans’ agent been here last few weeks (well was before my tweet) in a hope to get it all sorted. I haven’t actually heard any more since then but was told it was nearly there. 

On 01/06/2021 at 06:22, fox_up_north said:

I really don't want him to go this season and certainly not to Liverpool. I was hoping we'd get out of the cycle of selling one a year and move to every 2 or 18 months. Weirdly, I think I'd be happier seeing him at Man United. There's just something about Liverpool that have proper wound me up these last few years. 

If only we kept our 2-1 lead over Spurs, he would more likely stay. Those last 15 mins of that game may have costed us Tielemans and 60m or so in lost revenue. 

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Which they are …..

the very arsehole that talked NG into leaving us !!

Well he didn’t require much convincing, yes we had won the league but no one seriously thought we would still be stepping on the toes of the top six... add in the buy-out clause and the fact Kante wasn’t too sure on coming initially then yeah it wasn’t difficult. Tielemans loves the club, doesn’t guarantee much but he is aware something is happening here. If we want to take a risk and don’t want to sell we can, and I’m sure tielemans would respect that even if he doesn’t sign a new deal. It is more beneficial we keep him 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1