Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Not happy if it's 1yr (3 year contract) which means he's gone next summer. I'd prefer a 4 year deal with 2 more years from him with massive incentives offered. That leaves 2 years to sort the midfield out which those 2 years will be invaluable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I'm opening the floor here as there's bound to have been a few, but on the whole, Belgian footballers just seem to be a down to earth decent bunch.

Youri is Flemish and the Flemish people are very down-to-earth. They're not impressed by much and not over expressive either.

There's a book on pro-cycling by Harry Pearson - 'The Beast, The Emperor and the Milkman'. In it he describes the Flemish attitude to cycle racing - they admire "toughness, obduracy and fortitude; guts, nuts and phlegm". Their races are the toughest on the pro circuit - usually held in spring, when it's often pissing down, over stretches of cobble (which are usually mud-caked if it's been raining), at average speeds of nearly 30mph. I wouldn't walk my cycle down some of the stretches!

And Flemish riders have won by far the majority of these contests.

So Youri chose the soft option to become a pro footballer :).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Never mind Tielemans... 

I want to see more grown up men bickering on here like they're a couple of 90s schoolboys who have suddenly discovered they're both into the popular girl in the year and have just discovered MSN messenger for the first time. 

the best part about this thread imo

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not happy if it's 1yr (3 year contract) which means he's gone next summer. I'd prefer a 4 year deal with 2 more years from him with massive incentives offered. That leaves 2 years to sort the midfield out which those 2 years will be invaluable.

Just be happy if it is 1 year which would be a fantastic deal done. Gives us another shot of making top 4 with him next year but also protects his transfer fee if we can't secure it next season and he moves on. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Clicks and likes… pretty much why

Who would do that?

I have no naked pictures available, so if you all give me a thumbs up I’ll keep it that way. You have been warned. 

1 hour ago, lcfc cowboys said:

can you work out these 2 words  f#$% o## because you are as annoying as a wasps nest or piles

You don’t have to comment or reply to any of my post cowboy. Keep your hat on. 

Ride on 🤠

11 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Still can't believe how good his goal was. We'll be talking about it for years 

And we’ll get to see Chelsea fans cry “handball” each time it pops up. :pearson:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gerblod said:

Youri is Flemish and the Flemish people are very down-to-earth. They're not impressed by much and not over expressive either.

There's a book on pro-cycling by Harry Pearson - 'The Beast, The Emperor and the Milkman'. In it he describes the Flemish attitude to cycle racing - they admire "toughness, obduracy and fortitude; guts, nuts and phlegm". Their races are the toughest on the pro circuit - usually held in spring, when it's often pissing down, over stretches of cobble (which are usually mud-caked if it's been raining), at average speeds of nearly 30mph. I wouldn't walk my cycle down some of the stretches!

And Flemish riders have won by far the majority of these contests.

So Youri chose the soft option to become a pro footballer :).

I rode Der Ronde sportive in 2010, over all the legendary cobbles, in rain and even a hailstorm. Then on the Sunday watched the pros. They got the better weather!

A great weekend of beer, cycling and beer, in that order.

I still have my Kwaremont beer glass. Funnily enough the Kwaremont isn't that steep but is long, running up through the village where in the square there's a giant TV screen with the race on, and lots of beer! 

• Like 3

On 19/05/2021 at 07:45, Babylon said:

We can't compete on certain levels even with champions league football, I mean it might delay a move a year at most. But when a massive club comes in and can double or triple a players wages, champions league football isn't stopping that. 

I think CL importance has been overstated, a Chelsea fan was going on about it been worth 70mill, but thats for a club with high co-efficient payments and compared to no europe at all, for a club with low co-efficient, compared to europa its a much smaller number.

The new sponsorship deal is a proper bump.

Also not sure if one season in the CL makes that big a difference to players joining us either, we wont be seen as a CL regular.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Anyone know what number Youri will have in the Belgium squad this summer?

Fancy their home shirt with his name and number on the back.

Whilst Southgate remains in charge of England, I can't really get behind them.

🤯

9 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

🤯

lol

I take it that's your disapproval?

I'll explain myself...

England will always be shite whilst Southgate persists with the most negative football I've ever seen, despite having a wealth of attacking talent.

I think @Ric Flair summed it up perfectly on the England thread in General Sport earlier.

The 2018 World Cup was a freak occurrence and luck of the draw. 

We won 3 games out of 7. 2 of them were Panama and Tunisia (who we scraped past).

Whenever we met a decent team, we were terrible.

If anyone is in favour of Southgate being the manager, I'm absolutely amazed.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Anyone know what number Youri will have in the Belgium squad this summer?

Fancy their home shirt with his name and number on the back.

Whilst Southgate remains in charge of England, I can't really get behind them.

Think he wears 8 for them too

• Like 1