Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Who's next 2021 ???

It seems to be the norm now that we cash in and reinvest every year ...  nothing wrong with that.  This year we did some great business imo and swapping Chillers for the new boys is already looking very shrewd indeed ! ...   as was Slabhead the year before  ...      But who will be next ? ...   who do we think might just get us big bucks and then be replaced.   Wilf ? ...   seems to like it here ...  Maddison ..  same as Wilf but could his head be turned ??  Riccardo ??? ...   Any one of our Belgium boys ? ...    or ...   if he carries on improving ...  Harvey ?? 

And ...  who have we missed the most ? ...   Kante ? ..  or maybe Mahrez ?

My thoughts ...   several will be targeted but Barnes if he keeps improving and gets a few England call ups will be at the top of the list ....   but ..  I fookin hope I'm wrong !!

(And i think Mahrez has been missed the most and (so far) still not replaced ) ... 

This thread will no doubt change as the season goes on and it will be interesting to see how the situation evolves ..

The good thing is there are so many to choose from ...   :thumbup:

And if we pick someone out Brendan can read this and offer him a better contract ..  :)

But ...   at the end of the day this is how we do our business and it will happen ..   and we will improve !!

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I think Barnes, Ricardo or Maddison

I’d go with that (at the moment) ..  but also add Cags ...   who I also think would be the hardest to replace ( as we are finding out now) ...   but Barnes would be the biggest loss  (if he improves) ..   imo .

1 minute ago, davieG said:

We will win the Europa League and be in the CL next season so no one will go rather we will nick someone else's best player - close thread :cool:

Love it Davie ! ...  :) ..   but fortunately that’s not what we do ...  as I said ..  be interesting to see how things change over the season and compare with the markers we put down today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Yes Castagne looks class but my point was Riccardo is on another level, he’s the one player in the team I would hate to lose

Yeah agree mate, would hate to lose him, reckon he might be next to go though 😭 

He might’ve gone had it not been for his injury. He could play for anyone he’s that good, almost on Gary Mills’ level 💙

• Like 1

Ricardo’s injury might be a blessing in disguise. Clubs will want to see how he comes back from it and he won’t have a full season to demonstrate top form across. In current terms, he might reach the point of ‘getting on a bit’ in the eyes of the biggest clubs willing to spend the biggest bucks that it would take to get him.

Maddison I think has to take his game up a notch or two to really justify interest at the price we’d demand (particularly given the deal he’s just signed). For me, he still plays in patches too much and there are others out there just as good if not better.

Ndidi is the one that has been at the top of his game for the longest and he’s in one of those positions which have been seen as increasingly important over recent years but where there aren’t a wealth of top class players readily available.

I’d be most worried about Ndidi and Soyuncu. Both of their positions are en vogue (ball winning midfielder and ball playing centre half), they’re young, they have a great injury record, they play for their national teams regularly and they will have delivered consistent strong form across two years at least if they have a good season this season. I think we might lose one and agree with the other he gives us one more year before we let him go too.