Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I’ll be gutted if we don’t see him get some minutes here.

But he’s 23. He left the u23s a bit late because of injuries. He spent two seasons, inc injuries, at the Posh where they played him in defensive midfield and a bit further up. He’s now at centre half again at Wycombe and has excelled.

If he comes back he’s behind Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu. Amarty is probably ahead of him too. He’s behind Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza in defensive midfield.

Since we really need European football I’m not sure how much Bren will want to play him this season. If he comes back he could maybe get some minutes in the FA cup. And next season, if we make a European competition, he could get some minutes.

I hope he does try to make it here but with his age, skills and reputation a Championship club, if not a lower Prem club, would snap him up. He could do a lot better than Wycombe frankly.

Honestly just think we should sell the lad. Add a first refusal to buy him back if we're worried he'll become exceptional. Isnt fair on the lad to come back and be 5th choice in both positions.

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly just think we should sell the lad. Add a first refusal to buy him back if we're worried he'll become exceptional. Isnt fair on the lad to come back and be 5th choice in both positions.

Or Bren could just play him. Give him a few minutes here and there.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

You're right he could. But I guess you've got to consider the other players ahead of him getting minutes and appearances. We don't have too many free games to start giving him time 

Yeah I know. But the academy players need game time if we're going to be a top academy. I suspect Bren will focus on the the increasingly tough CL/Europa place this season.

39 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Sell, I just don’t think he’ll be good enough as much as it pains me to say as I know his family . 

Why don’t you think he’s good enough? Everywhere he’s played they love him, he’s highly rated in the academy, we’ve already turned down offers, he’s excelled in the Championship at CB despite not playing there the last two seasons and he’s yet to have a chance to prove himself in the first team here. What makes you think he’s not good enough?

Edited by Foxxed

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Why don’t you think he’s good enough? Everywhere he’s played they love him, he’s highly rated in the academy, we’ve already turned down offers, he’s excelled in the Championship at CB despite not playing there the last two seasons and he’s yet to have a chance to prove himself in the first team here. What makes you think he’s not good enough?

From the bits I’ve seen of him play which I admit isn’t a huge amount but he most definitely didn’t stand out  . You state they love him where ever he’s played but he’s played for Peterborough in Division 1 and a newly Promoted Wycombe who are bottom of the table with 31 goals against them in 21 games of which he’s made 17 appearances . I would suggest their expectations of a player are slightly lower than ours and he’s get rave reviews as he is somewhat better than the other players around him , this does not make him a premier league player . You also state we have turned down offers for him it would be interesting to know what leagues the clubs were in who put in the offers . IMO the lads a decent enough player but not Premier League quality I off course could be totally wrong . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

From the bits I’ve seen of him play which I admit isn’t a huge amount but he most definitely didn’t stand out  . You state they love him where ever he’s played but he’s played for Peterborough in Division 1 and a newly Promoted Wycombe who are bottom of the table with 31 goals against them in 21 games of which he’s made 17 appearances . I would suggest their expectations of a player are slightly lower than ours and he’s get rave reviews as he is somewhat better than the other players around him , this does not make him a premier league player . You also state we have turned down offers for him it would be interesting to know what leagues the clubs were in who put in the offers . IMO the lads a decent enough player but not Premier League quality I off course could be totally wrong . 

Yeah I mean he’s most definitely good enough for the Championship. It’s too early to claim he’s not good enough for the Prem, esp before he’s been given a chance. So far he’s played for two teams, championship and division one, and both have tried to buy him. I’d say a lower Prem team would happily have him. Personally I’d like to see us give him some sustained minutes, as a replacement for Morgan, to see if he can get even better, but I’m not sure Bren will do that, and I’m not sure he’ll want so little playing time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Leicester are looking to sell Knight in January. If price not met then they will probably trigger a one year extension clause to his contract as wouldnt want to let him leave on a free

Don’t think he’s far off the quality of Amartey, who is starting for us today.

However it’s probably best for Josh’s career to go play somewhere regularly instead of being 4th/5th choice here.

• Like 1

Tonights Games

Championship:

Matty James - starting for Barnsley vs Rotherham

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Barnsley

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Cardiff

Filip Benkovic - on the bench for Cardiff vs Wycombe - Cardiff manager being slated in the comments on Twitter for not playing Benkovic

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Bristol City

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wigan vs Burton

League Two:

Mitch Clark - not in squad for Port Vale vs Bradford (it is expected his loan wont be extended)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If we recall Knight, maybe we should give Wycombe Benkovic. I have no idea what the point of Benkovic's loan was.

With Knight I can only see his loan being extended (his current one ends on Sunday) or him being sold outright to Wycombe

But Benkovic definitely needs to come back and go somewhere where he will play week in week out

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With Knight I can only see his loan being extended (his current one ends on Sunday) or him being sold outright to Wycombe

But Benkovic definitely needs to come back and go somewhere where he will play week in week out

Or bring him back and play him in some FA Cup matches while the first team concentrate on the league.

Just now, surrifox said:

What’s gone wrong with Mitch Clark - I thought they loved him over there ?

Was playing well for them when he first joined them this season, then he had a couple of games where he had a stinker, hasn't played since and then Port Vale manager has already said they probably won't be extending his loan so he will be back in January

• Like 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

Or bring him back and play him in some FA Cup matches while the first team concentrate on the league.

Can't really see the point when his contract with us also runs out in the summer, better off for him (and us if we can get a bit of money for him) to stay at Wycombe or go to another club and play regularly

With Cags back we now have 5 centre backs to choose from, so I doubt he would even really play in the FA Cup for us either

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Not sure if you're talking about Knight or Benkovic, but I think it's better they're out on loan playing every week. We might get a tough draw after Stoke (if we even get past them) and need/want to pick a strong side, then there'll only be one FA Cup match they play in.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can't really see the point when his contract with us also runs out in the summer, better off for him (and us if we can get a bit of money for him) to stay at Wycombe or go to another club and play regularly

With Cags back we now have 5 centre backs to choose from, so I doubt he would even really play in the FA Cup for us either

Why can't he replace Morgan? I can see him wanting first team football, of course.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Why can't he replace Morgan? I can see him wanting first team football, of course.

He probably could, but then he is still only 5th choice, and thats if Rodgers even thinks he is good enough to be a squad player for us, and of course as you mentioned if he is happy with maybe 5 appearances at most a season for us

I think if he was seen to have a future with us he probably would have signed a new contract before heading out on loan

I believe Peterborough were looking at the possibility of signing him permanently after his loan finished last season, now there are rumours about Wycombe wanting to sign him permanently as well, which would suggest they have been given some encouragement that he and us would be happy for that to happen

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Seems to be being blamed for the goal they’ve conceded by their fans lol 

First senior minutes for him in ages tbf, still with soyuncu, fofana, evans, amartey we dont really need another cb, especially one that's struggling to make an impact at championship level, might be time to let him move on.