Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Just now, majaco said:

If he wasn't a Leicester player, he would be a good January buy.  As he is a Leicester player, it is probably best he stays at Luton and finishes his loan.

Funny old game.

I think we need to be careful with our outlook on things though, we demand that we maintain a top 4 challenge and yet we seemingly think players doing well at mid table Championship clubs would and should be realistic targets for us to keep improving. Not many top 4 clubs would choose that as a recruitment model and for a good reason. That's not to say KDH won't make it here but it's not a guarantee he is ready to be Tielemans back up just yet.

• Like 2

Tielemans is an exceptional player for Belgium and Leicester.  KDH is an exceptional player for Luton (and was at Blackpool).  There is no suggestion that the latter is at the level of the former.

I hope he is part of the squad next season.  I am keen to see players from the academy come through.  If he could get to Tielemans level...

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I honestly thought Choudhury would be too but not every player develops under managers and it seems Hamza is the obvious one that seems like he won't do. It's a shame but we should cash in, Choudhury could well go to an ambitious Championship club or even another PL club and prosper. 

He just hasn't kick on, not sure what he offers at the moment, for a DM he makes to many errors and lacks positional sense, isn't good enough on the ball to play in an advance attacking roll.

He use to get around people like Savage did under MO, but he seems to have stopped doing that. 

We have Teilimans, Maddison, Praet, Ndidi, Mendy, KHD and Choudhury, for CM next session, one to many for me, so we cash in on someone and reinvest in weaker areas. 

Could we get 8-10m for him?

The academy isn't just about bring players though for the first team, it also about developing players to sell, something Chelsea and Liverpool have done well over the years.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He just hasn't kick on, not sure what he offers at the moment, for a DM he makes to many errors and lacks positional sense, isn't good enough on the ball to play in an advance attacking roll.

He use to get around people like Savage did under MO, but he seems to have stopped doing that. 

We have Teilimans, Maddison, Praet, Ndidi, Mendy, KHD and Choudhury, for CM next session, one to many for me, so we cash in on someone and reinvest in weaker areas. 

Could we get 8-10m for him?

The academy isn't just about bring players though for the first team, it also about developing players to sell, something Chelsea and Liverpool have done well over the years.

Don't agree with your numbers @coolhandfox If we're going to play 3 in midfield (we often do) then we need 6 CMs for a full season to include any European games. I'm not sure either KDH or Hamza are good enough, but it'd be good (and help with CL or EL squads) if we had at least one home grown player in that group. Still think we need another 8 or 8/10 at a similar level to Praet/Tielemans/Maddison to compete with them/rotate with them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we need to be careful with our outlook on things though, we demand that we maintain a top 4 challenge and yet we seemingly think players doing well at mid table Championship clubs would and should be realistic targets for us to keep improving. Not many top 4 clubs would choose that as a recruitment model and for a good reason. That's not to say KDH won't make it here but it's not a guarantee he is ready to be Tielemans back up just yet.

I think it's about having that rare ability to spot genuine potential one or even two seasons ahead, Vardy, Drinkwater, Marhez, Maddison and Maguire spring to mind. There again, there's also the Gray's and Iheanacho's who you could surely fairly confidently predict to make that next step up but, it just so happens that they never quite make it. There also seems a tendency to write players off at a very young age now which somehow mirrors society in a way, expecting a relative quick fix. Football has, as previously mentioned, is littered with later blooming talents who achieve later on when introduced to the right club or coach. That's also tempered as you suggest with some complete failures. I certainly think KDH is best left where he is until the end of the season to develop though and re-evaluated after that. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Don't agree with your numbers @coolhandfox If we're going to play 3 in midfield (we often do) then we need 6 CMs for a full season to include any European games. I'm not sure either KDH or Hamza are good enough, but it'd be good (and help with CL or EL squads) if we had at least one home grown player in that group. Still think we need another 8 or 8/10 at a similar level to Praet/Tielemans/Maddison to compete with them/rotate with them.

With one of KDH and Choudhury we have 6, with both we have 7, so I agree on the 6 part.

Another CM of the quality of Praet/Tielemans/Maddison would be a luxury in my view when we have more pressing areas to address in forward areas, still need a Striker and a wide man in my view in the next summer window. 

Can those who've seen more of him than I have tell me what sort of midfielder he is? Am I right in thinking he's primarily a candidate for one of the no.8 positions and therefore more likely to compete with Tielemans, Maddison and Praet than with Ndidi and Mendy? More of a playmaker or a box-to-box engine? 

58 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Watched the Luton game and KDH was superb. A full season being the main man at Luton will do his confidence no end of good and we could have a real player on our hands next season.

Not sure where you get these ratings from but a 7 for Benko seems a tad generous from the stuff I've been reading online about him... The below from Wales Online probably being one of the more favourable! 

Filip Benkovic (on for Morrison 20) 3 - A woeful introduction to life in a Cardiff City shirt. Looked like a fish out of water when he came on. Was culpable for Tafazolli's goal and was shaky from then on.

I get the ratings from WhoScored who are definitely one of the best places for player ratings as they use Opta stats

These were his defensive stats for the game:

88% aerial duels won (7/8 won, the one he lost was the goal)

3 interceptions

4 clearances

So stats wise it does look like he was alright, just a shame that the 1 header he didn't win resulted in the goal

1 minute ago, Paddyltfc said:

Hello all Luton fan here, just wanted to say what a player KDH is. To answer the question he is definitely an 8 and not a defensive midfielder.

He keeps the ball really well and rarely gives the ball away, he wants it in tight areas and reminds me of a david silva obviously not at that level yet but similar the way he keeps it simple doesnt loose the ball but can play a great pass as well.

He is strong on the ball as well and doesnt get knocked off it. He dead ball delivery is great most of the time bar a few here and there. The only thing until last night was his lack of goals but i think with experience that will come.

In my opinion and im not just saying this as a luton fan but i think he will develop more staying with us all season before going back to you. He is getting better every game and i doubt he will get that this season with leicester.

I did message when you purchased JJ off us of how much potential JJ has and its great to see him doing so well. I put KDH in the same bracket where he will come back to you hopefully at the end of the season a quality player that will then need a pre season and a few months of the season to get up to the Premier speed of the game before flourishing with you guys. Hopefully the clubs can build up a relationship with player recruitment.

I think most of us would agree him staying there being one of the main men will get the most beneficial for both parties.

Hed be behind praet, maddison and tielemans right now as an 8 so best to leave him to develop. As a 22 year old he's not played a huge number of games so important for him to get a full season under his belt.

Him coming back next summer will be strange, the way he's progressing he'd probably be the equivalent of a 10-15m signing if Luton fans rate him in the same bracket as JJ.

JJ is unbelievable by the way, some on here have criticised him but he literally gets better every game no matter what position he plays.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Watched the Luton game and KDH was superb. A full season being the main man at Luton will do his confidence no end of good and we could have a real player on our hands next season.

Not sure where you get these ratings from but a 7 for Benko seems a tad generous from the stuff I've been reading online about him... The below from Wales Online probably being one of the more favourable! 

Filip Benkovic (on for Morrison 20) 3 - A woeful introduction to life in a Cardiff City shirt. Looked like a fish out of water when he came on. Was culpable for Tafazolli's goal and was shaky from then on.

..the last time I saw him in an U23s game, was how he was viewed by the Wales Online journalist!!!

It has got to be a mental problem and not a football skill issue. The only problem is that one impinges on the other.

Not being in the present, almost looking to avoid contact and being noticed, became a big part of his participation on the pitch.

I saw the YouTube videos and was excited we had a class player coming to us, Caglar was not going to be ready as there were obvious issues within his game.

He goes to Celtic, has rave reviews,  receives an injury and cannot get back to his best. If he is not confident in his body, then he is never going to get back to where he was.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..the last time I saw him in an U23s game, was how he was viewed by the Wales Online journalist!!!

It has got to be a mental problem and not a football skill issue. The only problem is that one impinges on the other.

Not being in the present, almost looking to avoid contact and being noticed, became a big part of his participation on the pitch.

I saw the YouTube videos and was excited we had a class player coming to us, Caglar was not going to be ready as there were obvious issues within his game.

He goes to Celtic, has rave reviews,  receives an injury and cannot get back to his best. If he is not confident in his body, then he is never going to get back to where he was.

I think you're probably right. Physically he looks really clumsy and awkward at times so is probably the type of player who needs a run of games to really get back up to speed. Trouble is he always seems to be injured so makes that a tad tricky! 

At Bristol City last season when he first came into the team he looked really bad but definitely improved when he managed to get a run in the side. 

Unfortunate for the boy but the timings of the injuries have probably messed any potential Premier League career up for good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adster said:

Would be stupid to bring him back in Jan especially when he's bossing it at the moment. Let the lad flourish for a full season and come back for next season as part of the first team. 

Although we did recall Barnes in Jan from WBA so who knows!

Are we even able to recall players from a season long loan deal arrangement?

Personally, I think KDH is better off staying at Luton and continuing to gain more experience/game time than being recalled and missing out on games....or worse still, kept 'ticking over' in our U23s  

I thought Barnes was recalled because his loan at WBA was only until january with a possible season long extension clause and he was recalled with a view to him playing for us (which didn't happen!).

On 30/12/2020 at 20:17, Foxy-Lady said:

Are we even able to recall players from a season long loan deal arrangement?

Personally, I think KDH is better off staying at Luton and continuing to gain more experience/game time than being recalled and missing out on games....or worse still, kept 'ticking over' in our U23s  

I thought Barnes was recalled because his loan at WBA was only until january with a possible season long extension clause and he was recalled with a view to him playing for us (which didn't happen!).

Yeah you can still have a recall option on a player on a season long loan

Barnes was a season long loan, we just had to use the recall option by a certain date in the January

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah you can still have a recall option on a player on a season long loan

Barnes was a season long loan, we just had to use the recall option by a certain date in the January

Within the clause these days  is usually a compensation amount pre agreed to be paid from the parent club to the club where the player was on loan. Lower league clubs have to get their loans right as money is so tight so when a "Big" club takes their prayer back unexpectedly they are normally nominally compensated so they have a better chance of getting someone else in to replace the player. 

• Like 2

On 30/12/2020 at 08:39, moore_94 said:

Better quality video of the KDH goal

Piss-poor celebration, stopping short of the corner flag like that.

The sooner we bring him back, the sooner Uncle Jamie can start showing him the ropes.

Todays Games

Championship:

Matty James - starting for Barnsley vs Norwich

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Middlesbrough

George Hirst & Filip Benkovic - Rotherham vs Cardiff match postponed due to snow - https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2021/january/read--club-statement---rotherham-united-v-cardiff-city-postponed/

Edited by moore_94