Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Matty James (6.2 + yellow card - 63 mins) - Barnsley 0-1 Norwich

I was there for talkSPORT. Thought he looked nice and tidy.

Utterly undeserved yellow card by the way - wasn't even a foul, was a great tackle, perfectly timed, even the Norwich press guys thought it was ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Utterly undeserved yellow card by the way - wasn't even a foul, was a great tackle, perfectly timed, even the Norwich press guys thought it was ridiculous.

It is an issue with some rating systems (I use WhoScored) where players that don't look like they have done much stats wise don't get the ratings their performance often deserve

Lots of tackles, headers won, assists, goals etc. in a match are usually the only way really to get a 7+ rating

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Didn't he always?

I think that's always been my issue with him. Good, solid, pro, but did not excel in any department. Apart from, maybe, looking nice and tidy 

38 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Are we now expecting Johnson, Hughes, James and Knight to return to us? 
Will they sort out new loans?

From available info in the media:

Darnell Johnson - no news available, can assume that Wigan will try to extend his loan but could depend on what happens with their takeover situation

Sam Hughes - returned from loan, out for rest of season with an injury

Matty James - Barnsley looking to extend loan

Josh Knight - Wycombe looking to buy

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/matty-james-departs/

Following the conclusion of a three month loan spell, Matty James has returned to parent club, Leicester City.

Throughout his second spell at Oakwell, Matty was a consummate professional. His commitment and ability was appreciated by all at the Club.

Chief Executive Officer, Dane Murphy said: “I cannot overstate the gratitude I have for all that Matty has done for the club in the first half of the season. His ability, character, and leadership have impacted the squad in a way that cannot be quantified. He will be missed at every level and I am happy that he has been able to prove he is still an elite player.

“This Club has an excellent reputation of developing young talent and now some have an opportunity to prove themselves as we continue to push up the Sky Bet Championship table.

“Once again, I’d like to place on record my sincerest thanks to Matty and wish him all the best in the future.”

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

Perhaps a case of James in Hamza out.

That's not a bad shout actually. Although we all know James will get another injury very quickly when he's back here, he just seems cursed. He's managed to go to Barnsley twice amidst years of torturous injuries and remain fit, it's peculiar. I know the PL is brutal but the Championship is hardly tiddlywinks is it.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's not a bad shout actually. Although we all know James will get another injury very quickly when he's back here, he just seems cursed. He's managed to go to Barnsley twice amidst years of torturous injuries and remain fit, it's peculiar. I know the PL is brutal but the Championship is hardly tiddlywinks is it.

FA Cup 3rd Round - 12pm Kick Offs

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Everton

Matty James - on the bench for Coventry vs Norwich

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - not in the squad for Luton vs Reading (Luton have made 9 changes, so just being rested it seems)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - not in the squad for Luton vs Reading (Luton have made 9 changes, so just being rested it seems)

Love these as saves me looking through every game as I look how they do. Thank you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Is KDH being rested or perhaps an agreement not to cup tie? Does he have a recall option? 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is KDH being rested or perhaps an agreement not to cup tie? Does he have a recall option? 

We do have a recall option I believe, however when he has been rested previously he usually gets dropped from the squad completely, Luton have made 9 changes so not much of a surprise that he isn't playing

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We do have a recall option I believe, however when he has been rested previously he usually gets dropped from the squad completely, Luton have made 9 changes so not much of a surprise that he isn't playing

Didnt Luton have a COVID issue with a few players ? Maybe he was involved and needs to isolate.

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Didnt Luton have a COVID issue with a few players ? Maybe he was involved and needs to isolate.

Yeah their match last weekend was postponed because of it, but he did play the game before that, so could definitely be a possibility he has it or is at least having to isolate

Edited by moore_94