Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Full Time Results

Championship:

Matty James (6.3 - 74 mins) - Barnsley 2-1 Rotherham

George Hirst (6.1 - 25 mins) - Rotherham 1-2 Barnsley

Josh Knight (6.7 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 2-1 Cardiff

Filip Benkovic (7.0 - 70 mins) - Cardiff 1-2 Wycombe

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (9.0 + 1 goal + 1 assist + MOTM - 90 mins) - Luton 2-1 Bristol City - Goal https://streamja.com/EwXo6

League One:

Darnell Johnson (6.3 + 1 assist - 90 mins) - Wigan 4-3 Burton

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He's really kicking on there, seems every time i check this thread he's motm or assisting for Luton. If he continues this all season he deserves a chance to prove his worth. 

His goal was a beauty, comes from regaining possession high in the opposing half with pressure, similar to us, before hitting a beauty. 

Makes sense why we gave him a 5yr deal 

Bring KDH back in Jan. We need squad depth with European games.

Could he be comparable to the way Barnes came back and has now established himself?

If we're going on how people have done on loan, I'd prefer him in the team over Hamza, although, in fairness, different players.

Let's give him a chance.

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Bring KDH back in Jan. We need squad depth with European games.

Could he be comparable to the way Barnes came back and has now established himself?

If we're going on how people have done on loan, I'd prefer him in the team over Hamza, although, in fairness, different players.

Let's give him a chance.

It's not comparable at all, Harvey had Demari and Albrighton ahead of him so could come straight into the team.

KDH has youri, praet, Maddison, ndidi, Mendy, and possibly Choudry ahead of him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's not comparable at all, Harvey had Demari and Albrighton ahead of him so could come straight into the team.

KDH has youri, praet, Maddison, ndidi, Mendy, and possibly Choudry ahead of him. 

Fair enough, was just thinking that he's proving himself, albeit at a lower level.

Barnes is still far from the finished product at the minute, but given regular playing time, has flourished.

Like I said, on loan form, Hamza did nothing of note at Burton, KDH is tearing it up.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Maybe. I think KDH could be competing with Praet to be first reserve for either Tielemans or Maddison. I think he would be ahead of Choudhury, and Mendy's a DM first and foremost.

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Maybe. I think KDH could be competing with Praet to be first reserve for either Tielemans or Maddison. I think he would be ahead of Choudhury, and Mendy's a DM first and foremost.

I hear what your saying but I would be reluctant to bring a youngster back of loan where he is absolutely flourishing to be at absolute best 3rd choice for one position. A position who's first choice player is amongst the best in Europe currently. 

Would be stupid to bring him back in Jan especially when he's bossing it at the moment. Let the lad flourish for a full season and come back for next season as part of the first team. 

Although we did recall Barnes in Jan from WBA so who knows!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hear what your saying but I would be reluctant to bring a youngster back of loan where he is absolutely flourishing to be at absolute best 3rd choice for one position. A position who's first choice player is amongst the best in Europe currently. 

Ah, right. I hadn't read the comment you replied to. No. I agree - I wouldn't recall him from his loan. We don't need him at this moment in time and he is killing it. Best for him to finish the season there, I think.

It could be a problem getting him involved enough next season, but I don't think he'll be that far from the first team. In a 2nd XI, I think the midfield would be Mendy as DM, with Praet and KDH as no.8s.

• Like 1

Ideally he would be kept here and would've played alongside Mendy at Palace, nearest thing we have to a Tielemans type. But it's better for him to be getting a while championship season under his belt. Plenty of players have looked good in the championship but not done well in the top league, especially for a club wanting to challenge for Europe but he's earnt an opportunity next season ahead of Choudhury. It will be more difficult if we don't qualify for Europe though.

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Full Time Results

Championship:

Matty James (6.3 - 74 mins) - Barnsley 2-1 Rotherham

George Hirst (6.1 - 25 mins) - Rotherham 1-2 Barnsley

Josh Knight (6.7 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 2-1 Cardiff

Filip Benkovic (7.0 - 70 mins) - Cardiff 1-2 Wycombe

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (9.0 + 1 goal + 1 assist + MOTM - 90 mins) - Luton 2-1 Bristol City - Goal https://streamja.com/EwXo6

League One:

Darnell Johnson (6.3 + 1 assist - 90 mins) - Wigan 4-3 Burton

Watched the Luton game and KDH was superb. A full season being the main man at Luton will do his confidence no end of good and we could have a real player on our hands next season.

Not sure where you get these ratings from but a 7 for Benko seems a tad generous from the stuff I've been reading online about him... The below from Wales Online probably being one of the more favourable! 

Filip Benkovic (on for Morrison 20) 3 - A woeful introduction to life in a Cardiff City shirt. Looked like a fish out of water when he came on. Was culpable for Tafazolli's goal and was shaky from then on.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think KDH is more of a BR player the Hamza.

KDH is more of a Youri back up.

We gave him a 4 year contract before he went to Luton, so I think he a long term squad member. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

However tempting as it is, I would leave KDH at Luton until the end of the season. Then we have a real dilemma on whether to sell Choudhury or not. 

I can see us cashing in on Hamza and KDH taking he squad slot. KDH just seem more of a Rodgers player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I can see us cashing in on Hamza and KDH taking he squad slot. KDH just seem more of a Rodgers player.

I honestly thought Choudhury would be too but not every player develops under managers and it seems Hamza is the obvious one that seems like he won't do. It's a shame but we should cash in, Choudhury could well go to an ambitious Championship club or even another PL club and prosper. 

• Like 1