Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Matt James was sensational in 13/14 playing with Danny Drinkwater, when we won the championship at a canter. 

He was also good in the Premier league in the 14/15 Great escape season keeping drinkwater out the side in the middle with Esteban. 

Admittedly he's torn every muscle in his body since then. At least twice but if he's 90% even 80% the player he was he can still be a brilliant championship player. We won't get any money for him of course due to his age and injury record different story for KDH though. 

I’m struggling to remember  that far back to be fair it’s been that long since I  seen  him play . I do remember  him being much better than Drinkwater for a time 

Edited by baldeagle

I think if James had stayed injury free he would be playing regularly for us still (*assuming Chelsea didn't snap him up for £35 million). I hope he goes to Barnsley and they continue to get half a season of games out him, will be great for him to keep playing at a decent level on a semi regular basis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think KDH is got more a future at the club then Hamza for me.

Hamza didn't pull up any trees at Burton. He's come back and done OK as a squad player here but I don't see him having much of a future here. He's just not that good.

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We need to be getting to a point where we are loaning our younger player's to top championship or bottom prem teams to gain experience for us to benefit. For me thats the next step in our development as a club, especially as one that will want to develop it's young players and being them through. 

Well, we only get to pick which team a player goes on loan to from the clubs showing interest. And then you also have to consider how much game time they're going to get there. We want to avoid Benko to Cardiff loans at all costs. He'd be better off playing in League 1 every week.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall. Can you name me a more apt black British name? Up there with Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

I'm sure people are surprised when they meet KDH for the first time :D

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall. Can you name me a more apt black British name? Up there with Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

I'm sure people are surprised when they meet KDH for the first time :D

Oh yeah, just like James Ward-Prowse and Emile Smith-Rowe...🥴

• Haha 1

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Morgan Gibbs-White

Kyle -Walker-Peters

It was just a joke lads but it does feel like black British players have a lot double barrel surnames. 

Edited by Koke

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Hamza didn't pull up any trees at Burton. He's come back and done OK as a squad player here but I don't see him having much of a future here. He's just not that good.

There was a moment in the game against Zorya Luhansk, when Hamza had the ball on the half way line under no pressure and hit straight out of play about 20 yards from any LCFC player. The camera just happened to cut to Chris Davies looking over too Rodgers, the expression on his face said it all. 

I see KDH playing the Youri role who I don't think we have a natural back up for or further forward like Maddison or Praet.

I can't see Hamza being technical enough to do either of those roles, so the only other position is as DCM were he's behind Ndidi and Mendy. An for me he isn't good enough at sensing danger to play that role.

Edited by coolhandfox

5 hours ago, Koke said:

He was sensational under Puel.

Bren didn't see what Puel saw and his performances have deteriorated.

His game against Braga was sensational but unless he has a prem manager that wants to play him I can only him as a decent squad player.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

There was a moment in the game against Zorya Luhansk, when Hamza had the ball on the half way line under no pressure and hit straight out of play about 20 yards from any LCFC player. The camera just happened to cut to Chris Davies looking over too Rodgers, the expression on his face said it all. 

I think I’ve seen most of our “1st team” players make similar wayward passes. So I’ll not judge a player on a single misplaced pass.

• Like 1

Todays Games

Championship:

Matty James - starting for Barnsley vs Huddersfield

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Bristol City

Filip Benkovic - on the bench for Cardiff vs Brentford

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - on the bench for Luton vs Reading

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wigan vs Shrewsbury

Sam Hughes - Out for the season, he is unlikely to appear in this thread again (apart from the news article of when he returns from Burton in January I imagine)

League Two:

Mitch Clark - not in squad for Port Vale vs Barrow (it is expected his loan wont be extended)

• Thanks 2

Half Time Scores

Championship:

Matty James (6.4)  - Barnsley 1-1 Huddersfield

Josh Knight (6.8) - Wycombe 0-1 Bristol City

Filip Benkovic (still on bench) - Cardiff 1-0 Brentford

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (still on bench) - Luton 0-2 Reading

League One:

Darnell Johnson (6.5) - Wigan 0-0 Shrewsbury

• Like 1

Full Time Results

Championship:

Matty James (6.5 - 74 mins)  - Barnsley 2-1 Huddersfield

Josh Knight (7.0 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Bristol City

Filip Benkovic (0 mins) - Cardiff 2-3 Brentford

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (7.0 + 1 assist - 45 mins) - Luton 1-2 Reading

League One:

Darnell Johnson (6.7 - 90 mins) - Wigan 1-1 Shrewsbury

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just reading a Barnsley forum to see how Matty James is getting on- thread title with his name saying how poor he's been! 

Virtually all posts after it saying what a class act he is and still playing well so the lad is very popular at Oakwell.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Just reading a Barnsley forum to see how Matty James is getting on- thread title with his name saying how poor he's been! 

Virtually all posts after it saying what a class act he is and still playing well so the lad is very popular at Oakwell.

Crazy that since the start of the 2015/16 season (6 PL seasons) he has played more for Barnsley in his two loans spells then for us.

Can't help but think he would have played a key part for the club over those 6 years if he wasn't so unlucky with injuries. 

Shame for him and us.

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

Check the maddison thread mate there is always fans ready to criticise their own players for reasons which lots of other fans really don't see. 

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wycombe have apparently made an offer to permanently sign Josh Knight, his current loan deal with them expires next Sunday

I’ll be gutted if we don’t see him get some minutes here.

But he’s 23. He left the u23s a bit late because of injuries. He spent two seasons, inc injuries, at the Posh where they played him in defensive midfield and a bit further up. He’s now at centre half again at Wycombe and has excelled.

If he comes back he’s behind Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu. Amarty is probably ahead of him too. He’s behind Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza in defensive midfield.

Since we really need European football I’m not sure how much Bren will want to play him this season. If he comes back he could maybe get some minutes in the FA cup. And next season, if we make a European competition, he could get some minutes.

I hope he does try to make it here but with his age, skills and reputation a Championship club, if not a lower Prem club, would snap him up. He could do a lot better than Wycombe frankly.