Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

59 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tonights Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Watford

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Derby

Admiral Muskwe - on the bench for Wycombe vs Derby

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Cardiff

League Two:

Callum Wright - (debut) starting for Cheltenham vs Walsall

Keep up the good work! I enjoy seeing the progress of our on loan players :thumbup:

• Like 4

Full Time Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (5.9 - 90 mins) - Preston 0-1 Watford - Only shot he faced was also the only shot on target in the whole game from a penalty

Josh Knight (7.5 + 1 penalty won - 90 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Derby

Admiral Muskwe (0 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Derby

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.1 - 90 mins) - Luton 0-2 Cardiff

League Two:

Callum Wright (7.5 + 1 goal - 68 mins) - Cheltenham 2-1 Walsall

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Full Time Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (5.9 - 90 mins) - Preston 0-1 Watford - Only shot he faced was also the only shot on target in the whole game from a penalty

Josh Knight (7.5 + 1 penalty won - 90 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Derby

Admiral Muskwe (0 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Derby

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.1 - 90 mins) - Luton 0-2 Cardiff

League Two:

Callum Wright (7.5 + 1 goal - 68 mins) - Cheltenham 2-1 Walsall

Wow is that the first time KDH has got below 7 in a game for them? Haha

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow is that the first time KDH has got below 7 in a game for them? Haha

I watched the game most of the good play Luton had was through him, ball going back to front quite a lot though so surprised he’s shone as much on that basis! Set piece delivery was very good!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-loanee-praised-not-5014681

Leicester City loanee praised for not playing like a 'crisp packet' as he marks debut with goal

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder had a senior debut to remember as he struck the winner for League Two promotion-chasers Cheltenham in their 2-1 victory at Walsall

leicestermercury

Leicester City youngster Callum Wright was praised for not performing like a “crisp packet” as he marked his Football League debut with a goal.

The attacking midfielder hit the winner for loan club Cheltenham in their 2-1 victory at Walsall on Tuesday night in what was his first taste of senior football, having been a regular with City’s Under-23s over the past few seasons. 

The 20-year-old produced a clean strike from 18 yards to clinch the three points for the League Two promotion chasers, but he earned particular plaudits from manager Michael Duff for competing physically in the centre of the park, rather than floating around like an empty bag of salt and vinegar.

“He’ll learn a lot from that,” Duff said. “It’s almost a different sport to what he’s used to.

“You saw what he could do with the ball. We think he can land on things, which he did for the goal.

“He’s still got to learn the other side of the game. Sometimes with him and Finn (Azaz, midfield partner) in there, they vacated the middle of the pitch too much, but that’s why he’s here, to learn the tactical side of it.

“I thought he competed well. He didn’t look like a crisp packet where he was floating around being knocked over, he competed really well.”

Although Wright has scored his fair share of goals for City’s development, with his form earning him the captain’s armband for Steve Beaglehole’s youngsters earlier this season, the winner at Walsall will be the one that lives long in the memory.

“He’ll remember today forever,” added Duff. “The fact he scored on his league debut, he’ll be on cloud nine now. I’m delighted for him. Hopefully he can kick on as well.”

• Like 3

Afternoon Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Cardiff

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Stoke

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Millwall

Admiral Muskwe - on the bench for Wycombe vs Millwall

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Norwich

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wimbledon vs Peterborough

League Two:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Bradford

45 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Got a good feeling about Callum Wright, this season will help him with his physical development but technically he’s got sound ability.

He’s developed fairly well physically. A year ago I thought he was incredibly lightweight yet still scored a few, and now he’s bulked up, showed good skill and captained the team. The loan, even in league two, should be good for him. He looked like he’d finally outgrown the u23s the last time I watched.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

George Hirst looks like he is one of those players who had high hopes as a youngster and never kicked on.

Just turned 22 last week but has only made 4 starts for Rotherham and 16 sub appearances and no goals or assists this season.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/317547/Show/George-Hirst

Every time I've watched him I've wondered what all the fuss was about. 

• Like 1