Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

League One / League Two loan next season if he is lucky, just turned 22 as well so whenever his contract ends he will probably be let go

...I am still convinced he is better than that!!!

He must be so disillusioned as he moves from club to club on loan, with all the furore that had surrounding his original move from Sheffield it must seem like a wasted journey to be marginalised in this way. He has the ability, he has the temperament to resurrect his career  but he has to not be seen as solely a target man running the channels and holding the ball up for others to feed off. He has pace for a tall player and good with the ball at his feet and has the willpower and nonstop energy of Vardy, just need one manager to see the real player and not the stereotype.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the club has a plan.

We have become pretty good at succession planning in the last 2 or 3 seasons 

We're gonna have to be fvcking amazing at it with Vardy and Schmeichel coming towards the end of their careers...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Since when did Johnson go to Wimbledon. Completely passed me by that one. 

And how well is he doing?  Darnell seems to be starting most of the games but I haven't read any comments or so about his progress?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He bought a dog off my mate not that long ago if that helps

Slightly disappointed that you do not have a better anecdote than that or at least gave that one extra legs given your lofty standards I got to say fellow.

24 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Slightly disappointed that you do not have a better anecdote than that or at least gave that one extra legs given your lofty standards I got to say fellow.

Hahahaa I'm sorry mate, it was just a straight up no frills fact.

I'll see what I can find out, see whether Darnell has been feeding it rustlers or fray bentos or summet

• Haha 3

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/jones-determined-to-let-foxes-midfielder-dewsbury-hall-play-through-his-dip-in-form-3150433

Jones determined to let Foxes midfielder Dewsbury-Hall play through his dip in form
On-loan star responds with a fine second half display during Wednesday win
By Mike Simmonds
Monday, 1st March 2021, 1:21 pm

Luton boss Nathan Jones has been determined to let on-loan Leicester City midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall play through his first poor patch of form for the Hatters recently.

The 22-year-old was a stand-out performer for Town once getting to grips with the Championship following his season long move from the Foxes, winning a host of star performer awards and club player of the month awards, culminating with an excellent winner at Bournemouth in January.

However, the last few matches have seen Dewsbury-Hall not quite at his best, while he was one of a number under-performing in the first half against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, with Town trailing 2-0 at the break.

The midfielder had been caught in possession for Josh Windass's first goal, as he lost the ball from Martin Cranie's risky pass into midfield, with Callum Paterson setting up the attacker to make it 1-0 from close range.

Although admitting he could have changed all 10 outfield players at the break, Jones left Dewsbury-Hall on and he responded with an excellent second half display, his corner seeing Kal Naismith pull one back immediately and then playing a big part in Ryan Tunnicliffe's leveller, with his ball down the line perfect for Elijah Adebyao's run and cross to tee up the midfielder.

He also had a hand in the winner, driving forward in possession before finding Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu who in turn sent Harry Cornick away to deliver for Adebayo's winner, as Jones said: “We were terrible first half, we should never had played there (pass into Dewsbury-Hall) six, seven minutes into the game.

“It was a straight ball into midfield inviting pressure, that’s not when you play as they’re fresh, they want to come on, so we caused our own problems first half.

“Kiernan was as bad as I’ve seen him and Kiernan’s been a little bit off it lately, but what we’ve decided to do as he’s such a good player is play him through it.

“Then players respond to that and then second half he was outstanding, absolutely outstanding.”

• Like 1

02/03 - Tonights Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Millwall

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Nottingham Forest

Matty James - on the bench for Coventry vs Middlesbrough

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wimbledon vs Shrewsbury

League Two:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Southend

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

02/03 - Full Time Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (4.9 - 90 mins) - Preston 1-2 Millwall - Apparently had a bit of a stinker for the 2nd Millwall goal, was a bit slow coming out for the ball and the Millwall striker beat him to it and headed it past him

Sums up how a lot of Preston fans feel after the game about Iversen even after the error

image.thumb.png.30838049b23be4b0a94437f3bf1da83f.png

• Like 4