Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Just now, Gerard said:

George Hirst looks like he is one of those players who had high hopes as a youngster and never kicked on.

Just turned 22 last week but has only made 4 starts for Rotherham and 16 sub appearances and no goals or assists this season.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/317547/Show/George-Hirst

When he went there I thought it was probably a bit too big of a step up for him, should've gone to League One

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Every time I've watched him I've wondered what all the fuss was about. 

He got 17 goals from 42 games for England U17 - U20 so playing for England and getting a decent strike rate you thought his floor would be at least as a good Championship player.

22 isn't that young either. his time in the Belgian second tier was poor as is his time with Rotherham. Next to no chance he ever makes it here on that evidence.

Half Time Scores

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.3) - Preston 0-1 Cardiff

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.2) - Luton 0-1 Stoke

Josh Knight (6.6) - Wycombe 0-0 Millwall

Admiral Muskwe (bench) - Wycombe 0-0 Millwall

George Hirst (bench) - Rotherham 0-1 Norwich

League One:

Darnell Johnson (7.3) - Wimbledon 0-0 Peterborough

League Two:

Callum Wright (6.1) - Cheltenham 0-1 Bradford

Edited by moore_94

Full Time Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (5.4 - 90 mins) - Preston 0-4 Cardiff

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (5.9 - 90 mins) - Luton 0-3 Stoke

Josh Knight (7.6 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 0-0 Millwall

Admiral Muskwe (6.1 - 5 mins) - Wycombe 0-0 Millwall

George Hirst (5.9 - 23 mins) - Rotherham 0-1 Norwich

League One:

Darnell Johnson (6.9 - 78 mins) - Wimbledon 0-3 Peterborough

League Two:

Callum Wright (6.0 - 59 mins) - Cheltenham 0-2 Bradford

• Thanks 1

Wycombe went a goal up on the 50th minute. Twenty minutes later they had their centre half sent off. Fifteen minutes later they missed a penalty. Despite their best efforts Wycombe knocked up their fifth win of the season. And Knight got his first MOTM. This time he played in central midfield. Muskwe ran around for 4 minutes at the end. Wycombe play the runaway lead leaders Norwich next.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-loanee-admits-future-5037888

Leicester City loanee admits his future is open-ended amid rave reviews
The goalkeeper is in his fourth loan spell of the last three seasons at Preston and has again adapted well to the step up, pulling off several eye-catching saves

Up-and-coming goalkeeper Daniel Iversen is impressing at yet another loan club, but admits he does not know what that will mean for his Leicester City future.

Having stolen headlines during loan spells at Oldham and Rotherham over the past two seasons, Iversen is now proving his quality at Championship level with Preston.

The Dane conceded four at the weekend as North End were thrashed by Cardiff, but he continues to get rave reviews, with one reflex stop in the Lancashire derby against Blackburn earlier this month described as one of the saves of the season.

Under contract at the King Power Stadium until 2025 after signing a long-term deal this time last year, Iversen is highly-rated by City, but breaking into a goalkeeping set-up with Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Ward may prove difficult.

In Schmeichel and Ward, Brendan Rodgers has previously said he has “two number ones” at the club.

Asked about his City future, Iversen told BBC Lancashire: “I don’t really think about that, I’m playing here right now and that’s what I’m concentrating on.

“When we come to the summer, we will see what Leicester make of my performance, and whether I have to go on loan again or if they want to keep me there. I don’t know.

“We have some young keepers also who would push me (not just Schmeichel and Ward). It’s a really good keepers union, so it’d be tough to come in.”

Iversen was initially loaned to City’s sister club OH Leuven this season, but after an injury in his fifth game, he found himself on the bench upon his comeback.

He was recalled in January and loaned to Preston, where he has made eight appearances, conceding 11 goals and keeping two clean sheets. North End sit 16th in the table, 10 points shy of the play-offs and 10 points above the relegation zone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-loanee-admits-future-5037888

Leicester City loanee admits his future is open-ended amid rave reviews
The goalkeeper is in his fourth loan spell of the last three seasons at Preston and has again adapted well to the step up, pulling off several eye-catching saves

Up-and-coming goalkeeper Daniel Iversen is impressing at yet another loan club, but admits he does not know what that will mean for his Leicester City future.

Having stolen headlines during loan spells at Oldham and Rotherham over the past two seasons, Iversen is now proving his quality at Championship level with Preston.

The Dane conceded four at the weekend as North End were thrashed by Cardiff, but he continues to get rave reviews, with one reflex stop in the Lancashire derby against Blackburn earlier this month described as one of the saves of the season.

Under contract at the King Power Stadium until 2025 after signing a long-term deal this time last year, Iversen is highly-rated by City, but breaking into a goalkeeping set-up with Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Ward may prove difficult.

In Schmeichel and Ward, Brendan Rodgers has previously said he has “two number ones” at the club.

Asked about his City future, Iversen told BBC Lancashire: “I don’t really think about that, I’m playing here right now and that’s what I’m concentrating on.

“When we come to the summer, we will see what Leicester make of my performance, and whether I have to go on loan again or if they want to keep me there. I don’t know.

“We have some young keepers also who would push me (not just Schmeichel and Ward). It’s a really good keepers union, so it’d be tough to come in.”

Iversen was initially loaned to City’s sister club OH Leuven this season, but after an injury in his fifth game, he found himself on the bench upon his comeback.

He was recalled in January and loaned to Preston, where he has made eight appearances, conceding 11 goals and keeping two clean sheets. North End sit 16th in the table, 10 points shy of the play-offs and 10 points above the relegation zone.

I like the realism in his statement, the fact that he acknowledges that he's behind Schmeichel and Ward, and that there are a host of good young goalies coming up behind him.  We seem to have built up our goalkeeper numbers right through the age groups, enough to keep us sorted in that department for a number of years if they progress as anticipated.

• Like 1

27/02 - Afternoon Games

Championship:

Matty James - starting for Coventry vs Blackburn

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Sheff Wed

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Huddersfield

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Reading

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wimbledon vs Hull

League Two:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Scunthorpe

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

27/02 - Afternoon Games

Championship:

Matty James - starting for Coventry vs Blackburn

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Sheff Wed

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Huddersfield

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Reading

League One:

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wimbledon vs Hull

League Two:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Scunthorpe

Hirst doesn’t stand a chance of being part of our squad next season does he? Where do you reckon he’ll end up?

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Hirst doesn’t stand a chance of being part of our squad next season does he? Where do you reckon he’ll end up?

League One / League Two loan next season if he is lucky, just turned 22 as well so whenever his contract ends he will probably be let go