Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

17 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

There’s votes for service people too to come through right? Don’t they often skew heavily Republican?

Yep. 

From MilitaryTimes:

In 2016, there were 12,432 military and overseas citizen absentee ballots counted in Georgia, including 5,203 military ballots.

While little is being said about ballots coming from U.S. citizens overseas, those ballots could make a difference, too — and their numbers are traditionally larger than the military absentee ballots

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2020/11/05/military-absentee-ballots-are-still-coming-in-to-battleground-states/

In the meantime, AP / Google hasn't updated but CNN are reporting it just flipped. Of course it could flip back, it'll be the closest remaining state by the looks of things. 

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

My goodness that is close.  I really hope that opens up a little more, and he gets Penn as well as mentioned above to render and legal avenues pointless. 

PA looks a foregone conclusion, as do AZ and NV. It won't really be that close even if Trump wins back GA which is possible, depending on which way overseas citizens have voted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

PA looks a foregone conclusion, as do AZ and NV. It won't really be that close even if Trump wins back GA which is possible, depending on which way overseas citizens have voted. 

Trump looks like he knows he lost, and as someone said he is busy building himself an " I was robbed" narrative to carry around for the next years.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Trump looks like he knows he lost, and as someone said he is busy building himself an " I was robbed" narrative to carry around for the next years.

Years is generous.... i'd imagine being in the white house is the only adrenaline rush keeping him alive right now!

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think I might have an idea which way they will vote if the following snippet (from an article posted by the organisation Americans in Denmark) is representative:

"Denmark-based Americans who responded to The Local’s requests for reactions to the election tended to lean Democratic – in fact, we didn’t receive any responses expressing support for Trump." lol

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I think I might have an idea which way they will vote if the following snippet (from an article posted by the organisation Americans in Denmark) is representative:

"Denmark-based Americans who responded to The Local’s requests for reactions to the election tended to lean Democratic – in fact, we didn’t receive any responses expressing support for Trump." lol

Plenty of oil types all over the world who will probably lean GOP.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm probably being ignorant here, but AZ has been going against the trend and Trump has been closing the gap which is now 46.000 (almost 100.000 two days ago). Maybe this is all expected, but for the uninitiated, this feels like a nail-biter :sweating:

38 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I doubt that tbh. The deadlines for accepting votes and starting counts was decided in advance of the election. 

Tbf I've probably worded it wrong, not saying they just all of a sudden made new deadlines, just I don't think it was made clear during the electoral coverage, I didn't hear anything about it right til it came down to the last few states and everyone was suffering sleep deprivation, then they came out and said "oh yeah this could take days, maybe even weeks". And in my defense, there was a fair few (still is) shocked muricans by how long it's taking. :D

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah see this was my thought when I read that overseas civilian voters outnumbered military votes like 2:1. 

The kinda people that vote Trump tend to not leave THEIR state, let alone THE states. 

7 minutes ago, shen said:

I'm probably being ignorant here, but AZ has been going against the trend and Trump has been closing the gap which is now 46.000 (almost 100.000 two days ago). Maybe this is all expected, but for the uninitiated, this feels like a nail-biter :sweating:

AP called Biden two days ago. Even Fox did. When all the rumour mongering about it being wrong started, they released a press statement doubling down on their call. 

Because its basically the only state that started blue and is trending red, its being used to drum up hysteria. Even CNN are using it to try and keep people hooked. 

You need to remember that this is basically the super bowl for news broadcasters, they've got peopled tuned in that can't switch off and they're making a killing on advertising. And this longer than normal count in a more emotional than ever election? They're printing their own money. 

The reality is that Biden needs something like 40% of the remaining vote and AP know their shit. It's not flipping. 

Based on nothing but my own anecdotal evidence, I’d put a Republican lead on the military and Democrat lean on civilian overseas, so if Biden opens up a few thousand vote lead on in-State votes then he’ll probably take Georgia. 

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah see this was my thought when I read that overseas civilian voters outnumbered military votes like 2:1. 

The kinda people that vote Trump tend to not leave THEIR state, let alone THE states. 

Unless they work in Oil.  Lots of GOP in oil & gas, my father in law worked with may of them all over the world with Chevron.