Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

16 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Trump's own party is actively turning on him too.

As far as anyone should be concerned - and I watched the whole speech - it's not far off from a wholly objective take on the nonsense he was spewing. It was embarrassing, frankly.

Unfortunately there are millions of people who feel differently. Conflict and violence are a serious consideration.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Unfortunately there are millions of people who feel differently. Conflict and violence are a serious consideration.

That seems to be what he's aiming for. (Trump - with his speech, I mean)

Edited by trabuch

I dont care if you are republican or democrat but election  violence over unproven claims  is pathetic and a bit sore loserish.

I wasnt a fan of the dems crying when Trump won. I wasnt happy but he won fair and square. Take it for the team and move on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont care if you are republican or democrat but election  violence over unproven claims  is pathetic and a bit sore loserish.

I wasnt a fan of the dems crying when Trump won. I wasnt happy but he won fair and square. Take it for the team and move on.

Are you seriously suggesting people just adhere to the central tenet of the democratic process? Controversial.

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I love how alleged voter is a one way street that is only done by democrats not Republicans.  Apparently 'poles' are election interference (even though they have been around for a very long time).  

I dont doubt that some voter fraud happens but to be at such a level in 2020 with all the  USA and world watching i find extremely hard to believe. 

Exactly this.

It definitely happens, but on a scale enough to have an impact on the election? Probably not. Maybe in one state where there could be a tiny tiny amount of votes in it, but not the rest.

Trump's lunacy is not about wining the election now. His only goal is to be able to say in years to come, that he was cheated and thereby maintain (his perceived) reputation.

The continued pathetic display by the GOP is more shameful than that of Trump.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It is mad. But this is where it does get worrying and where you will see violence. 

Politically, most of the GOP have abandoned him. He's pretty much on his own which is a fair indicator that he's not going to pull off some nefarious trick to beat the result. 

But he absolutely intends to go down rabble rousing and will no doubt he actively hoping people get hurt as a result. 

Mate, when I said last week I was concerned he won't go quietly you seemed to brush that off like it was nothing. Now you're worried about it? 

Does make me giggle when Republicans talk about part of the "voting Fraud" being the ability someone to interfere with or influence another person with the mail in ballots. Yet see no problem with a load of hicks standing outside count sites with rifles screaming blue murder. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The bloke is clearly unwell.

For all of Boris's faults, he's not even in the same stratosphere as Trump.

He's not unwell, this is what Trump has done for the last 4 years, it's just this time there's a greater international spotlight. It's what happens when you're not used to hearing 'no' in life.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Mate, when I said last week I was concerned he won't go quietly you seemed to brush that off like it was nothing. Now you're worried about it? 

Tbf I think a fair bit has changed since last week. I'd argue most expected a pretty comfortable Biden win so trump would be left with little choice but to accept it, instead he racked up 70million~ votes and it's as close to the wire as it can get pretty much. Not helped at all by the counting taking so long either. 

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbf I think a fair bit has changed since last week. I'd argue most expected a pretty comfortable Biden win so trump would be left with little choice but to accept it, instead he racked up 70million~ votes and it's as close to the wire as it can get pretty much. Not helped at all by the counting taking so long either. 

Which is partly the Republicans' fault anyway because of the legislature they brought in to some states? 

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No, you just misunderstood me. Which may also have followed me misunderstanding you. 

I said there'd be violence. 

What I took you to be implying, which countless others had also, is that he'd do <insert shady things here> to stay in power. Essentially, that he'd elevate to a full dictator, complete his transformation and refuse to leave. 

What I've been saying for a while now, not just in that reply to you, is he can kick and scream all he wants, he's leaving if he loses the vote. Like I said to you, h doesn't have the military in pocket, he can't actually stage some sort of coup. 

Of course there's going to be some of his supporters kicking off, he's been stoking that fire for months. It'll be sad and concerning and there could be injuries and even deaths, but it's not going to change the outcome. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Only Twitter expected a comfortable Biden win. For too long with Trump and Boris to an extent the strategy of the opposition has just been “vote for us because we’re not them” And it doesn’t work, Hillary Clinton before the last election banging on about only deplorables will vote for Trump cost her that election. 
We live in a world where people lose jobs and are called scumbags for being Republicans or Tories yet they still win elections. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Which is partly the Republicans' fault anyway because of the legislature they brought in to some states? 

Don't really care who's fault it is, not trying to blame anyone, just adding that the count taking so long is helping rile up the trumpsters little army. 

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Biden is going to have NV, AZ, GA and PA. 

It's not quite a landside but it's going to be big enough to render any legal protest useless. 

Georgia is ridiculously close... a few thousand in it with ~1% left to be counted?... phew...

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Don't really care who's fault it is, not trying to blame anyone, just adding that the count taking so long is helping rile up the trumpsters little army. 

Could their supreme leader not stoke that fire with what he says and does though? 

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Or it's taking so long because Trump and his army are actively threatening them with all sorts and they're now terrified of getting it wrong? I wouldn't be in any rush with armed goons stood outside.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shen said:

Georgia is ridiculously close... a few thousand in it with ~1% left to be counted?... phew...

Biden is about 500 behind with somewhere between 6 and 10 thousand ballots left and he's been taking about 80% from recent batches. 

It'll flip. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could their supreme leader not stoke that fire with what he says and does though? 

Course he could and he is. Again, just adding in that the wait for counting is ADDING to the drama, it's certainly not the only cause of it though. 

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Or it's taking so long because Trump and his army are actively threatening them with all sorts and they're now terrified of getting it wrong? I wouldn't be in any rush with armed goons stood outside.

Well considering they announced it could take a week before any trump goons got the chance to show up outside or make threats I'd say probably not. But admittedly I'm not the one counting. 

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Course he could and he is. Again, just adding in that the wait for counting is ADDING to the drama, it's certainly not the only cause of it though. 

Well considering they announced it could take a week before any trump goons got the chance to show up outside or make threats I'd say probably not. But admittedly I'm not the one counting. 

If the timescales were made clear beforehand then it shouldn't be an issue.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Biden is about 500 behind with somewhere between 6 and 10 thousand ballots left and he's been taking about 80% from recent batches. 

It'll flip. 

There’s votes for service people too to come through right? Don’t they often skew heavily Republican?

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Before what hand? It was made clear as the counting started iirc. Before trumps "I've won" rant. 

I doubt that tbh. The deadlines for accepting votes and starting counts was decided in advance of the election.