Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

23 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Just won my third successive promotion with Solihull Moors, into the Championship. Pretty sure I’ve accidentally tapped a cheat code in somewhere 😂

It does seem easier this year. I got Norwich promoted in my first season and then had them comfortably in midtable in the Prem coming up to Christmas but Rodgers had Leicester rock bottom on 6 points and got sacked. I applied not expecting to even get an interview but somehow managed to get the job. The owners wanted me to simply avoid relegation the situation was that dire. Ended up finishing 4th lol

• Haha 1

What's the best badge add on? I've been using quite an outdated one on other FM versions. Ideally, no nancy boy edited ones and actually complete i.e has Man Utd's soccer logo.

@Finnegan

@Ricey (if you're allowed to say anything)

Edited by Stadt

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

What's the best badge add on? I've been using quite an outdated one on other FM versions. Ideally, no nancy boy edited ones and actually complete i.e has Man Utd's soccer logo.

@Finnegan

i can DM you a link to the one i use, its a torrent so easy to download. 

i signed a player on a free, hes played 8 games for me so far and already got his 10 goal bonus lol 

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i can DM you a link to the one i use, its a torrent so easy to download. 

i signed a player on a free, hes played 8 games for me so far and already got his 10 goal bonus lol 

Please mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

@Finnegan

I've been recycling the same one I keep on a flash drive for about 5 or 6 years to be honest. I tend to get everything from sortitoutsi.

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

Take your pick for which you like basically.

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've been recycling the same one I keep on a flash drive for about 5 or 6 years to be honest. I tend to get everything from sortitoutsi.

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

Take your pick for which you like basically.

Beliall sorted me.

Ricardo is so undercooked it’s a joke. Without checking I bet Cancelo is miles better in game when it’s obviously not true to anybody with two eyes

Right, is the editor on smack, what the **** are some of these profiles. Luke Thomas is almost 6' apparently lol, Praet is worse than Maddison defensively, Slimani has a better first touch than Pereira. There'll probably be some Arsenal cum stain youth player that's better than most of our first team I bet

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Beliall sorted me.

Ricardo is so undercooked it’s a joke. Without checking I bet Cancelo is miles better in game when it’s obviously not true to anybody with two eyes

? He seems pretty elite for a fullback to me

4 minutes ago, shen said:

? He seems pretty elite for a fullback to me

His passing and first touch are the same as an average championship player's and all of his mental stats are very underwhelming. Only three stats above 15.

Two footed players tend to have lower attributes due to some CA bullshit but Barnes looks like a rugby league player on it wtf

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

On 04/01/2021 at 09:06, pmcla26 said:

Hi all, I used to play FM on PC until recently when it packed in. 

I’m looking to buy a laptop that can run the game as well as be used for every day use such as work emails and browsing internet. I’m on a £500 budget, has anyone got any recommendations please as I’m not too good at interpreting all the specs etc. 

I don't know much about the laptop market but if you're not playing any graphically intense games just focus on getting a fast cpu, ssd and a larger screen as that can affect how FM displays things.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-255-g7-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10219609-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-vivobook-f515ja-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-256-gb-ssd-grey-10212923-pdt.html

Those both look fine enough for your purposes imo

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't know much about the laptop market but if you're not playing any graphically intense games just focus on getting a fast cpu, ssd and a larger screen as that can affect how FM displays things.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-255-g7-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10219609-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-vivobook-f515ja-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-256-gb-ssd-grey-10212923-pdt.html

Those both look fine enough for your purposes imo

RAM too, as much ram as you can get 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Trying to extract the logos on mac but the right folder isn't appearing. Read the FAQs and stuff but it says just find it via Go on Finder but I can't seem to extract it that way? Any ideas?

i have no idea what programs you use to unzip files or install on to fm. but i googled and found this, hope it helps 

Find FM21 Files On Mac

Lets jump straight in with how to find FM21 files on Mac. The library location is now hidden and you need to unlock it. So, if you want to know how to upload custom graphics, tactics or shortlists to Football Manager 2021 on Mac, you first need to gain access to the library.

1 – Go to your main screen on Mac and from the top tabs panel click ‘go’, you will not see the ‘library’ folder’.

2 – Now hold down the ‘alt’ or ‘options’ key. Tada! You should see the ‘library’ folder appear, while still holding, click it.

3 – Now click ‘application support’

4 – Scroll down and click ‘sports interactive’ and then ‘Football Manager 2021’

5 – Boom! That is how to find FM21 files on Mac

On 05/01/2021 at 00:32, Beliall said:

you ever get the feeling something isnt quite right with this game?

20210105003029_1.thumb.jpg.5b46ab88afc0adf7bb9ce31d76e1aba8.jpg20210105003038_1.thumb.jpg.8fd18b890352e6dbc6c8799a30abe360.jpg

Top of the league
20 games gone, unbeaten
D for results rating

:nigel:

Yeah i've got that on my Newcastle game currently despite winning ten in a row, being in the FA Cup semi, second in the league and in the Champions League semis lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beliall said:

i have no idea what programs you use to unzip files or install on to fm. but i googled and found this, hope it helps 

Find FM21 Files On Mac

Lets jump straight in with how to find FM21 files on Mac. The library location is now hidden and you need to unlock it. So, if you want to know how to upload custom graphics, tactics or shortlists to Football Manager 2021 on Mac, you first need to gain access to the library.

1 – Go to your main screen on Mac and from the top tabs panel click ‘go’, you will not see the ‘library’ folder’.

2 – Now hold down the ‘alt’ or ‘options’ key. Tada! You should see the ‘library’ folder appear, while still holding, click it.

3 – Now click ‘application support’

4 – Scroll down and click ‘sports interactive’ and then ‘Football Manager 2021’

5 – Boom! That is how to find FM21 files on Mac

The unarchiver is the unzip tool but I can’t find the files when trying to extract them. I can find the files via the method  you’ve quoted but drop downs aren’t the same with the unarchiver. I’ll have to post it on the forums 

Just now, Stadt said:

The unarchiver is the unzip tool but I can’t find the files when trying to extract them. I can find the files via the method  you’ve quoted but drop downs aren’t the same with the unarchiver. I’ll have to post it on the forums 

sorry i cant be of more help

• Like 1

On 04/01/2021 at 20:19, Stadt said:

Beliall sorted me.

Right, is the editor on smack, what the **** are some of these profiles. Luke Thomas is almost 6' apparently lol, Praet is worse than Maddison defensively, Slimani has a better first touch than Pereira. There'll probably be some Arsenal cum stain youth player that's better than most of our first team I bet

I had a chat with the editor last night.  He assures me he isnt on smack.:P

On Ricardo - we all know he's outstanding either at fullback, wingback or winger.  he can tackle and kick with both feet and is not shoddy in the air.  Problem is if he scored highly on everything he becomes "better" than Messi.

Luke Thomas according to his wiki page is 5'11" - although the editor is the same age as Luke and both grew up in Syston, they have never met so he cant personally say how tall he is.  But then he hasn't met any other of the players afaik.

Praet v Maddinson - actually the stats did bear this out when they were rated

Slimani's rating was done by the Monaco editor as he was on loan there last season.

1 hour ago, pleatout said:

I had a chat with the editor last night.  He assures me he isnt on smack.:P

On Ricardo - we all know he's outstanding either at fullback, wingback or winger.  he can tackle and kick with both feet and is not shoddy in the air.  Problem is if he scored highly on everything he becomes "better" than Messi.

Luke Thomas according to his wiki page is 5'11" - although the editor is the same age as Luke and both grew up in Syston, they have never met so he cant personally say how tall he is.  But then he hasn't met any other of the players afaik.

Praet v Maddinson - actually the stats did bear this out when they were rated

Slimani's rating was done by the Monaco editor as he was on loan there last season.

I was slightly facetious tbf apologies (Tom is it? are you a relative? :ph34r:)

I'll post on the fm research forum as well

Quick question regarding set pieces, I’ve got a player who’s free kick rating is 14 and another player as 12, the assistant manager is recommending taking the 14 rated player off free kicks and replacing them with the 12 rated player. Saying 14 rated player isn’t good at them and the 12 rated player is one of our better options. 

Anyone know why?

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Quick question regarding set pieces, I’ve got a player who’s free kick rating is 14 and another player as 12, the assistant manager is recommending taking the 14 rated player off free kicks and replacing them with the 12 rated player. Saying 14 rated player isn’t good at them and the 12 rated player is one of our better options. 

Anyone know why?

Because hes a moron. 

i signed a striker who best position is winger. i dont get this game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's commonly accepted that your assistant managers advice is always garbage. 

It's usually in the right ball-park I feel, but in a game that's all about optimization, you're right that it's a bit useless.