Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

lol true, I think my only experiences so far have been trying to clear out old has beens to raise cash for signings. 

The only time I have ever used the editor in FM2021 was to force out a centre back who kept grumbling he wanted to play and I wouldn't sell him, but then kept turning down the clubs who came in for him. I accepted every offer made, he was just a n0b.

I moved him to another club on loan for the remainder of his contract and paid his wages; so I felt it wasn't cheating, but it stopped him moaning to me. They didn't play him either and within about 2 months he was asking to be recalled!

I've also amusingly had my three back up centre backs all 'concerned that we don't have adequate centre back backup'.... ermmm... you do realise that's you guys? Are you suggesting you're not up to it?

Has anyone found a resolution to the below scenario:

One of my best players has 2 years left on his current contract but is refusing to negotiate a new deal because of interest in him so I’m gonna stick him on the transfer list, he’s kicking off because he doesn’t want to be transfer listed but the game doesn’t give me the option of saying he’s the one refusing to enter contract negotiations? 

42 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

One of my best players has 2 years left on his current contract but is refusing to negotiate a new deal because of interest in him so I’m gonna stick him on the transfer list, he’s kicking off because he doesn’t want to be transfer listed but the game doesn’t give me the option of saying he’s the one refusing to enter contract negotiations? 

What options does the 'discuss' part give you? I think there is some option sometimes (if he's NOT on transfer list) to say 'sign a contract or we will have to move you on' - especially if he's unhappy ... or if he is transfer listed ' sign a contract to stay at club'.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

What options does the 'discuss' part give you? I think there is some option sometimes (if he's NOT on transfer list) to say 'sign a contract or we will have to move you on' - especially if he's unhappy ... or if he is transfer listed ' sign a contract to stay at club'.

No problem is the game won’t give me the option of saying anything in relation to his contract running down or refusing to discuss signing a new one

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

No problem is the game won’t give me the option of saying anything in relation to his contract running down or refusing to discuss signing a new one

How influential is he as a player? If not very, and if he really isn't of any use to you as a player, transfer list him and just forget about him; let him run his contract down.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Happened in my Leicester save with Ricardo. Had to sell him for his value with 1 year remaining. He was kicking off as well which I found non-sensical. He essentially wanted to run down his contract and go on a free.

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Happened in my Leicester save with Ricardo. Had to sell him for his value with 1 year remaining. He was kicking off as well which I found non-sensical. He essentially wanted to run down his contract and go on a free.

Yes, they seem to have brought that in to the game now.

I just lost my excellent Italy U21 keeper for 5mn when really I wanted 15mn because he was in a cycle of being unhappy and training poorly and then playing poorly and being annoyed I didn't let him talk to Zebre (Juve) who were offering me £400k (!) LOL.

It was fine for a while but then I stupidly made him vice captain in a bid to win him over, and he even accepted a new contract and payrise, and I managed to put in a release clause of £8million. Within weeks he was stroppy again, but this time he was influential so all his mates got upset as he'd been treated unfairly!! 

Brescia came in and gave me 5mn so that was nice.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes, they seem to have brought that in to the game now.

I just lost my excellent Italy U21 keeper for 5mn when really I wanted 15mn because he was in a cycle of being unhappy and training poorly and then playing poorly and being annoyed I didn't let him talk to Zebre (Juve) who were offering me £400k (!) LOL.

It was fine for a while but then I stupidly made him vice captain in a bid to win him over, and he even accepted a new contract and payrise, and I managed to put in a release clause of £8million. Within weeks he was stroppy again, but this time he was influential so all his mates got upset as he'd been treated unfairly!! 

Brescia came in and gave me 5mn so that was nice.

I should add; by now I was spending so much time trying to keep up morale (whilst top of Serie B as Cesena for christ sake) that I probably would have taken £2mn.

Had brought in Dahlberg lined up for end of season anyway, so just need to get through this season with my 17 year old academy guy who was the best player produced this year (luckily) and look out for someone on loan.

I actually have Viktor Johanson as well, but I've got him out on loan and prefer him getting the gametime in serie C.

Sorry for constant repeated posts by the way, but I do like a few of the guys who start life in the Sweden U21/U20/U19 whatever set up and Dahlberg is a favourite signing. Even as a 'better' club I like to get him in and out on loan since = profit or a ready made good keeper.

For Cesena though he will be my keeper long term; got him on a 5 year contract with a £11mn minimum release clause. I might even ask him to recommend a staff signing and just bring them in since my staff need replacing.

19 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Put him in the first team, play him every week, win games, keep his morale up. Keep him happy. At some point between transfer windows he shouldn't be "Wnt" as teams typically lose interest once the widow closes. 

Usually they'll be "happy to stay as X club is no longer interested" and then you offer him a contract. 

If you've really, really ****ed things he might have committed to leave but you should have time to make him happy inside a few months to get him to stay. Easily within 18.

Edited by Finnegan

22 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I currently have this with Youri, contract expires at the end of 2023, and I'm now Oct/Nov 21 and he won't enter negotiations due to Man city being interested! Gonna have to sell if he doesn't change his mind by Jan! But i know all the squad will kick off for letting him go which is annoying!

I picked this up again. hashtag utd was a really ****ing boring save. so i started new, with a new rule set i found on SI forums, the realism challenge. 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539688-fm21-realism-thread/

Also downloaded the linked mods for realistic transfers, money, etc, its how i play anyway but now i wont struggle to get a job because im allowed a coaching badge from the off. or at least, thats what i thought, i ended up going to saltdean in level 9 anyway! because its local, and managing in uruguay isnt "realistic" ;)

I feel like I say it every year since we've been in the Premier League IRL, but I find it so frustrating how god awful the game makes us. 

Every save i've done this year, Leicester sack Rodgers mid season and bring in Lennon. Like what ****ing year are we in?!?! lol 

Then the either get relegated or just remain dog shit every season changing the manager time after time.

And they also NEVER hire me to rescue the situation, no matter what position i'm in or my stature in the game lol 

On 18/02/2021 at 12:26, GingerrrFox said:

It’s happening to me at Aberdeen. Jason Cummings has rejected big moves to Stoke and Palace and is unhappy I’m trying to sell him. Won’t sign a new contract but won’t leave, yet is considering his future. Seems odd. 

11 hours ago, BWRL said:

I currently have this with Youri, contract expires at the end of 2023, and I'm now Oct/Nov 21 and he won't enter negotiations due to Man city being interested! Gonna have to sell if he doesn't change his mind by Jan! But i know all the squad will kick off for letting him go which is annoying!

Mate you've got 18 months. Don't sell. You basically never have to sell a player in football manager. 

If you're at Leicester you should be in the champions league every season from year two, there should be periods between Windows every year where the interest of the big clubs fades and you can offer up contracts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

I feel like I say it every year since we've been in the Premier League IRL, but I find it so frustrating how god awful the game makes us. 

Every save i've done this year, Leicester sack Rodgers mid season and bring in Lennon. Like what ****ing year are we in?!?! lol 

Then the either get relegated or just remain dog shit every season changing the manager time after time.

And they also NEVER hire me to rescue the situation, no matter what position i'm in or my stature in the game lol 

It's an actual joke. We're routinely the most underrated team on the game. Even on 21 we will somehow end up below Bournemouth & Norwich (2017 & 2014 respectively since we came below either) within a couple of years. Even with a world class training facility we're just basically Crystal Palace.

@Ricey I know this probably isn't directly your department and this really isn't the venue to be raising suggestions / complaints but yknow. Here goes.

When you make a tactical change during a replay in match and a goal happens, the game asks you "do you still want to make this change?" that's a really good feature.

Can it also be applied to shouts? It's annoying making a shout, say, 'Encourage!' and then during that replay, before it takes effect, you score and so all of your team getting pissed off at you for the next ten minutes because it's no longer relevant. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Ricey I know this probably isn't directly your department and this really isn't the venue to be raising suggestions / complaints but yknow. Here goes.

When you make a tactical change during a replay in match and a goal happens, the game asks you "do you still want to make this change?" that's a really good feature.

Can it also be applied to shouts? It's annoying making a shout, say, 'Encourage!' and then during that replay, before it takes effect, you score and so all of your team getting pissed off at you for the next ten minutes because it's no longer relevant. 

its even better when you berate them and they score before you have the chance to "speak"

• Haha 2

On 21/02/2021 at 21:21, Finnegan said:

Yesterday I accidentally berated my team for scoring and they conceded within 2 minutes. Standard.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Harvey Barnes gets a massive winter update.

He's now got 12 finishing instead of 11. 

Two footed player’s CA gets cratered because of it, it’s stupid. Son is nowhere near as good as he should be on FM because he’s either footed, Mkhitaryan in his prime had mostly 14s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Two footed player’s CA gets cratered because of it, it’s stupid. Son is nowhere near as good as he should be on FM because he’s either footed, Mkhitaryan in his prime had mostly 14s

But in game it does make a big difference I find. I remember having Rodrigo Palacio about 10 years+ ago, signing him in Jan and him getting the golden boot with 26 goals in 18 games. Had finishing 12 I think but because he could dribble and used both feet, he scored loads. I always avoided only footed players until they let you train that because even with finishing, composure, decisions etc all above 15, they'd still miss loads because they could never take it on their weaker or had to take it wider onto their strong foot.

Would he interested to know the CA/PA of Leicester players (haven't got this one). Kasper and Vards are always criminally low.

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

But in game it does make a big difference I find. I remember having Rodrigo Palacio about 10 years+ ago, signing him in Jan and him getting the golden boot with 26 goals in 18 games. Had finishing 12 I think but because he could dribble and used both feet, he scored loads. I always avoided only footed players until they let you train that because even with finishing, composure, decisions etc all above 15, they'd still miss loads because they could never take it on their weaker or had to take it wider onto their strong foot.

Would he interested to know the CA/PA of Leicester players (haven't got this one). Kasper and Vards are always criminally low.

You can download the pregame editor for free from steam to check.

I’ve barely played it at all this year, just not interested for some reason. I put quite a lot of hours into the last two which were really frustrating 

Latest update:

leicester.thumb.PNG.90a12260f24242f01f3f09496509eb5d.PNG

For reference, with Vardy at 160, here's who's above:

ca165.thumb.PNG.f95704576a962eba42a600fbd875e8e9.PNG

Potential Ability is a bit weird, but basically works like this. Players under 21-22, they get a value thats something like -8, -9 - these translate into ranges of 150-180 PA, 160-190 PA, and so on. It is designed to account for the variability and unpredictability in how young players may turn out. Players who have set PAs under say 30 years old, this will be their ceiling. Players over 30 or so the PA represents what they once were, versus now. They cannot grow to that level per se. 

There's lots of other things involved including footedness, form, natural athleticism wrt rate of decline, and so on but that's the basics. 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

You can download the pregame editor for free from steam to check.

I’ve barely played it at all this year, just not interested for some reason. I put quite a lot of hours into the last two which were really frustrating 

I've never had the same enjoyment since I understood how PA and CA works. Means it's easy to spot who's going to be a good player. I tend to do a year on and a year off. I used to be obsessed and I will still go in phases but it's just not the same, especially when you know it'll consume your life!