Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

On 04/01/2021 at 21:45, Stadt said:

His passing and first touch are the same as an average championship player's and all of his mental stats are very underwhelming. Only three stats above 15.

Two footed players tend to have lower attributes due to some CA bullshit but Barnes looks like a rugby league player on it wtf

All his key stats are 12-16 though. I've rarely found fullbacks to be impressive in FM. As they're often required to have good physical attributes, it used to be that these attributes were weighted heavier than mental or technical stats. This means they would typically have average/poor technical attributes and decent mental ones at best, while having average/high physical ones. 

I guess Ricardo is a bit underrated. However, I managed to sell Castagne for £33m (£47 with add-ons) and he's considerably worse still but both have performed well enough.

How are others experincing the PL in this version? In my current Leicester save, I'm facing a very polarised league.

After 28 games (2nd season), Cardiff are three points clear of the relegation zone with just 21 points while Man Utd are on course to break the 100 point barrier. There's a 14 point gap from second to sixth and a further 16 points to 11th!

I thought I was having a splendid season so far with just one defeat, but I'm 10 points off the pace. Would've comfortably led in all other leagues bar the Bundesliga, where I'd be joint top.

Even the first season, I barely scraped into the CL places with 77 points.

Seems a much tougher challenge this version, but maybe that's not the case for others?

Edited by shen

I'm in the 4th season of a save with Leuven currently. Doing Top proud with 2 league titles and now in the Champions League last 16. With Leicester down in the Championship, surely I should now be the parent club! 

I usually do 20+ season saves at one club but probably won't be doing that here. The starting squad needed a lot of work and was a fun challenge early on. Sadly as I've got my team a lot better, everybody else has got worse. Anderlecht have had huge financial problems and have moved on a lot of players. They are 15th on the current table. The other main clubs have also sold a few better players each every season. I will look to move on when a club make me a job offer that interests me. 

Screenshots are where we are just ahead of January 2024 and our CL group table this season. To be honest, the league is just too easy for me. 

23:24 BEL .png

cl 23-24 .png

Finding this years a bit too easy. 3rd season in with Leicester after taking them over in 20th place and I've just won a domestic treble and only marginally lost in the semi final of the champions league to Juve. 

Vardy has just retired at 37 :(

He's now the best paid head of youth development in world football lol

I swear, the more time and effort they spend overhauling the AI, trying to develop player interactions and make the game more immersive, the more immersion-breaking stupidity ends up accidentally getting written in to the game.

I've just had an 18 year old striker blow up in my face for trying to "force him out of the club" because I offered him out for a development loan ffs.

He's nowhere near the first team and got all of about 5 league games last season, he clearly he needs to go out and spend a season being first choice somewhere.

Edited by Finnegan

Anyone have any experience with dxgi_error_device_hung error message? Tried everyone google has told me and still driving me mad, crashing almost every match. Do I just need to live with it and one day get a new laptop or is there anything I can turn off in game? I don’t even use 3D highlights if there’s an option to remove it completely 😂

9 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Anyone have any experience with dxgi_error_device_hung error message? Tried everyone google has told me and still driving me mad, crashing almost every match. Do I just need to live with it and one day get a new laptop or is there anything I can turn off in game? I don’t even use 3D highlights if there’s an option to remove it completely 😂

Can't really see anything that helpful on the SI forums or google which sucks

Best bet looks to be to submit a ticket https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 13:39, lildave3 said:

If you've definitely got the latest drivers for your graphics card and you've definitely fully updated DirectX to the best of your capabilities then it's probably that your device is a bag of shit that should barely be meeting the minimum specs tbf.

Have you definitely done those two things?

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you've definitely got the latest drivers for your graphics card and you've definitely fully updated DirectX to the best of your capabilities then it's probably that your device is a bag of shit that should barely be meeting the minimum specs tbf.

Have you definitely done those two things?

It told me my drivers were upto date, but now I’ve done something else and it’s let me download an update. Will see how it goes. But my laptop probably is a bag of shite, I’ve had it a fair few years now...

The 'player opts to stay' addition this year is really pissing me off. I've got high value first team players that I don't want, get great bids for them and they always turn the other team down, even when they're bigger/same level. Only way of getting rid is transfer listing and ending up with half the money!!

• 2 weeks later...

TNS are ridiculous on this game, they produce genuinely good players who are available for a pittance and you can even sign them managing National League sides due to the status of the Welsh league. Every player I've signed from TNS has developed at an absurdly quick rate as well. Signed a defender from them for £10k and sold him for £15mil.

Doing a 'no paid signings' save as Cesena; using the youth system only. Won the league year one with zero defeats, but C2B is massively weaker than Serie B.

I can only pick up players who are released by other clubs, or use my youth academy; aside from the first season where I allowed myself to buy players under the age of 22, but only if transfer listed (and of course I couldn't resist bringing back Giacherinni - Cesena legend - but that is for coaching purposes). Fortunately having reviewed the recent crop 5 or 6 looks promising and are generally in positions we need (about 4 of the 10/12 were keepers??)

Any money recouped on players will naturally be spent on wages or on hopefully improving youth facilities/recruitment/youth coaching. No idea how willing the club will be to invest in these things; but it won't be going out on transfer fees.

On 06/02/2021 at 12:26, AjcW said:

The 'player opts to stay' addition this year is really pissing me off. I've got high value first team players that I don't want, get great bids for them and they always turn the other team down, even when they're bigger/same level. Only way of getting rid is transfer listing and ending up with half the money!!

This actually meant my top centre back stayed at the club; when the Serie B leaders were after him. No idea why he stayed. I imagine he'd have got a substantial pay rise. We were top and unbeaten in C2B, but it looked a good move for him and my directors accepted it over my head in the end (£400k is a lot of money to Cesena currently!)

I've also had it happen to a coach and my assistant manager. I'm a fan when it works in my favour.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

This actually meant my top centre back stayed at the club; when the Serie B leaders were after him. No idea why he stayed. I imagine he'd have got a substantial pay rise. We were top and unbeaten in C2B, but it looked a good move for him and my directors accepted it over my head in the end (£400k is a lot of money to Cesena currently!)

I've also had it happen to a coach and my assistant manager. I'm a fan when it works in my favour.

lol true, I think my only experiences so far have been trying to clear out old has beens to raise cash for signings.