Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Joe Rodon

LEICESTER have joined the race for Swansea defender Joe Rodon — but want to wait to buy him.

The Welsh club are pondering a sale before the domestic transfer window shuts this week.

But Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers would prefer to swoop in January or next summer.

Rodgers has just captured young Frenchman Wesley Fofana from Saint Etienne and wants to bed him in before signing another central defender.

But Rodon would like to play in the Premier League as soon as possible.

Tottenham have bid £7million plus extras for the 22-year-old but will have to increase that dramatically as Swansea are looking for around £20m.

That figure has increased since Everton signed Ben Godfrey from Norwich, with the Swans feeling Rodon’s price should be close to that figure.

• Like 1

Not like Leicester fans to judge someone off one game :D

He was and is probably the best CB in the championship. Buy him for 10 and loan him back to Swansea for the season. If Evans doesn't sign a new contract he would be slot in well with Soyunchu and Forfana. Would future proof our CBs for a few years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Not like Leicester fans to judge someone off one game :D

He was and is probably the best CB in the championship. Buy him for 10 and loan him back to Swansea for the season. If Evans doesn't sign a new contract he would be slot in well with Soyunchu and Forfana. Would future proof our CBs for a few years. 

TBF its the only game i've seen him play so far.

That's a bold statement as he only played 20 odd games last season, and i'd be inclined to say Ben White was the best CB in the championship last season. He's probably started the best so far this season.

Also stating he's slot in another calculated risk on the basis that he's not played in the prem as of yet, just think £20 million is stupid money based on the performance against DCL and others.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Swansea have asked Rodgers to push his price up so spurs don’t take him on the cheap ....

It might very well be this to be honest, I imagine he still has a very good relationship with them.

I'd still love us to sign him though. Ideally wait until next season.

the sun artilcle wasdone by Alan Nixon, so its got some weight to it,

would like us to go for him tbh as he certainly looks like he could be a decent addition and as said, maybe let him stay on loan there for the season and maybe send a u21 player there on loan to them for the season to sweeten the deal for them

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Next level transfer stalking!

Yes I'm tracking the fixtures now - I'll set up some sort of live recording starting 10.30am next Sunday 

P.S Unfortunately he realised I was on to him and he retreated to continue his conversation under a tree - I would have followed but was running the line. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Jon Rudkin was at an U15 football match yesterday at Countesthorpe and was on his phone talking though a deal - I couldn't catch who is was regarding 

“...but he said the word ‘messy’ a couple of times. Could have been ‘Messi’ or ‘messy’, I’m not really sure but either way he said ‘submit the offer agreed and that could get messy/Messi’”

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

“...but he said the word ‘messy’ a couple of times. Could have been ‘Messi’ or ‘messy’, I’m not really sure but either way he said ‘submit the offer agreed and that could get messy/Messi’”

He was actually talking money and I heard him say ……. an extra £10K - I assumed wages 

He was on a few calls during the second half - definitely felt as though something was occurring 

Do I qualify as an ITK?