Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

It’s becoming a joke and given the physio of 20 odd years has been sacked, when our injury record was so good and so proud beforehand someone has to become accountable.

I don’t buy that we’ve gone from being so lucky with injuries and turn around to so unlucky.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And he doesn’t seem to quite as subtle as he should be about it ...... suspect we’ll hear at the Zorya pre match presser how thin the squad is 

The amount of serious injuries we have had has just been incredibly unlucky. Rodgers needs to get his head down and get on with it and, whatever players he picks, try to play to their strengths and not slavishly follow the same old dull outmoded ideas he has in his head. Decent managers have to be flexible and adapt to both prevailing player availability and the differing oppositions, he's not the manager of Barcelona in their heyday! His whining is just starting to sound like someone getting their story straight and deflecting flack to merely look after themselves. Regardless of whether or not Perez was any good or not today, if you bring a player like Slimani on, why would you not at least bring a winger on for Perez and start to play to Slimani's strengths instead of expecting him to be Vardy mk11. Their yellow carded players needed to be ran at also.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

I find it hard to believe that the sacking of Rennie was A) to the betterment of our injury lost and B) fully explained. 

Seems really at odds with the history of injuries at the club. Geoff's gobsmacking post would really suggest there was more to it also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I find it hard to believe that the sacking of Rennie was A) to the betterment of our injury lost and B) fully explained. 

Seems really at odds with the history of injuries at the club. Geoff's gobsmacking post would really suggest there was more to it also. 

I fail to see how Rennies presence or not could do anything to do with the more serious injuries to Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Armarty etc and Vardy's niggles are nothing new.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I fail to see how Rennies presence or not could do anything to do with the more serious injuries to Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Armarty etc and Vardy's niggles are nothing new.

A good physio programme strengthens resilience to impact and repetitive injuries, of which we're seeing an increase in? At a layman's perspective. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I mean by that token why bother with a physio? If a poor injury record and a dedicated physio are divorced then it really suggests the role is redundant. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Ricardo - November

Ndidi - Christmas at a push 

Soyuncu - January

Vardy - Two weeks

Maddison - not fit

Praet - not fit 

Evans - not fit

Probably the worst run of injuries to key players we've ever had. Makes for painful reading. 

Vardy may be back for Sunday.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

A good physio programme strengthens resilience to impact and repetitive injuries, of which we're seeing an increase in? At a layman's perspective. 

Someone posted a table on here recently showing that actually all teams have got their own fair share of injuries at this time. Whatever the truth about Ronnie, I'd doubt very much that he was the only supposed expert in this area.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I mean by that token why bother with a physio? If a poor injury record and a dedicated physio are divorced then it really suggests the role is redundant. 

Not really, I think the physio has an important role at a club but if some opposition oaf goes flying studs up into one of your players legs, like Pickford did on VanDyke yesterday, a physio, no matter how good he is, is of bugger all use in preventing it happening.  Some of the injuries our particular players have succumbed to may not have been avoided with or without physio. I'm sure we still have experts at our club.

Edited by volpeazzurro