Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

16 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I blame Brendan for obviously running them through walls in training to be honest. The intensity is required in the matches but maybe lighter sessions in training. 

It doesn't work like that, you have to train with intensity to play with it otherwise your asking players to go above the limits in a game which they haven't been previously exposed to. They will have a 1-2 sessions with intensity through the week and then lighter sessions incorporated to periodise the week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Simple. We were extremely LUCKY in the first half of last season.

Normally, one would expect episodic injuries but for a while we seemed to live a charmed life. The fallout of Covid has exacerbated this season’s injuries.

There is an element of luck, but we’ve been near the top of the charts for not losing players to injury for years. 

The longer this continues, the less likely luck has much to do with it. It’s been going on since Christmas last year now.

23 hours ago, ktfox59 said:

Could Brendan be cited for some injuries like this. A bit like the Jock Wallace runs up and down bradgate park hills.😂😂

Ha! - Forget Old John, what about Wanlip? That was inspired by his military training in the King's Own Scottish Borderers for jungle warfare in Malaysia. He used to take the Rangers squad to train on the beaches and run up and down the sand dunes, but upon arrival at Leicester, the only similar thing that he could find in the East Midlands was the sand and gravel banks at Wanlip quarry.  

7 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

You have to start to question Rodgers training regime with injuries like this now. Pretty sure he had the same issues when at Liverpool.

Why? Please explain why players like Soyuncu/Evans getting an injury on international duty is Rodgers fault? 

I said it in another thread but I am baffled at why people are struggling to understand why there are so many injuries? 

Stupid amount of games in short succession

Pointless international friendlies and travel combined with the above

Virtually no pre season for the first time I have ever seen

It is really that hard to understand? Rather than just trying to chuck the blame at a single person? 

Other clubs are in the same boat, but some will of course have more than others. Its just something that Prem clubs will need to deal with this season and there is an element of misfortune thrown in as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

You have to start to question Rodgers training regime with injuries like this now. Pretty sure he had the same issues when at Liverpool.

Nah that’s too easier label to apply with limited basis I reckon.

On 16/10/2020 at 08:49, Facecloth said:

I saw a post on Facebook talking about all our defenders being injured. Someone commented that this is why they were calling for more signings.

If we have potentially 6 centre backs in Soyuncu, Evans, Forfana, Morgan, Benkovic and Amartey, and 5 of those are injured or returning from injury then we can't cover that with new signings, no club can. We can't have infinite numbers of of centre backs, its hardly an area we're short in when everyone is fit.

Did it make sense loaning out Benkovic given current predicament tho?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Did it make sense loaning out Benkovic given current predicament tho?

No, but thats a different think to signing new players on top of what we already had. I don't think we needed to add, but we certainly didn't need to lose anybody.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Coleman off with a hamstring injury, Richarlison also possibly has a hamstring issue just 30 minutes into the game for Everton

We aren't the only club having these problems.

Van Dijk, who pretty much never gets injured, off as well. I think the lack of a proper off-season and the brainless scheduling of the internationals are having a big impact.

Does make you question the quality of some of the medical teams at international level e.g. NI thinking it's okay to play Jonny 3 times in that window. Borderline negligent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

See what I mean @Walshy5

Injuries are happening all over the place for all clubs. Stop crying about it and trying to find someone to blame and get on with it. 

The league can't expect teams to consistently play high intensity beautiful football and squash games in everywhere possible

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The league can't expect teams to consistently play high intensity beautiful football and squash games in everywhere possible

Completely agree mate. Teams are being pushed way too hard and with us in Europe it'll be even worse for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Completely agree mate. Teams are being pushed way too hard and with us in Europe it'll be even worse for us!

A few comments by Neville in comms for internationals raised a few eyebrows too, relating to it being good having 3 internationals as it tests players. I know it's an honour to play for your country etc, but club's need to be considered when player's are played internationally. Evans at 30+ should not be playing 3 games in 10 days internationally. International teams have a duty of care for players, just as their club teams do.

All the internet has done is magnified the " it must be true, bloke down pub said it" brigade. Sometimes s**t happens and you can't control it, people then start searching for a cause to the problem, when it could just be about bad luck or even maybe down to a packed football schedule and no proper pre-season.

Lots of Injuries : Rodger's fault, he trains them too hard.  

Lack of intensitée in game : Puel's fault for not training them hard enough.

• Like 1