Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will we field a full strength squad this season? Serious question. 

No I don't think so, and I think we won't be the only club in that situation. Too many games, not a big enough break, coronavirus still rampant etc. It's almost a season for the sake of it rather than it being meaningful, and could result in some big surprises as a result. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry but it just goes to show the internationals were an absolute joke. At least Belgium pulled Praet and Turkey pulled Cags but NI in no way looked after Jonny. He has just come back and they shoved him in all 3 games. I hope Brendan had words!

Edited by Hales

Rodgers clearly not happy with NI:

"The [medical team] guys here are first class, analysing where the injuries and try to come up with a solution to give players the best chance of being available. Cags for all my time here, has been available, but goes away and gets injured. Jonny has hardly a pre-season and had to play nearly three games in 10 days. They’re not machines. But they are professional and dedicated to their work. The medical team are very good."

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

"The [medical team] guys here are first class, analysing where the injuries and try to come up with a solution to give players the best chance of being available. Cags for all my time here, has been available, but goes away and gets injured. Jonny has hardly a pre-season and had to play nearly three games in 10 days. They’re not machines. But they are professional and dedicated to their work. The medical team are very good."

I hope he had words! Disgusting treatment of them 😡

25 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

He's their key player plus they had three competitive matches instead of at least one friendly.

Hopefully next time he'll play their play-off and miss the Nations League games, they're struggling in that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ktfox59 said:

I wonder if there are members, who could possibly help or give me insight as to why there are so many injuries within the 1st team squad at the moment. Long term injuries too. Every time i look at anything leicester city, thats all i read. Latest possibly be evans and  soyuncu missing this weekend. Is it too much heavy training. Whatever it it is. Its depressing.

Simple. We were extremely LUCKY in the first half of last season.

Normally, one would expect episodic injuries but for a while we seemed to live a charmed life. The fallout of Covid has exacerbated this season’s injuries.

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The worry I have is that when players are injured their recoveries are almost always long and complex. For example is Maddison fit or not? He’s playing but he’s not 100% We played Ndidi knowing he had a niggle and now he's fvcked again. Very worrying that one of our best players is now entering the phase of being re-introduced. If we injure him again due to poor management, when we've just ushered Dave Renie out the door I'll be furious. 

I miss the days of zero injuries and miracle recovery times under Big Nige. :(

I thought that Maddison was physically fit, and just needed to play himself back into match fitness. But apparently he’s not. :(

Meanwhile, most football players play with “niggles” during course of the season and thus instances like Ndidi’s is basically down to ill-luck.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

I thought that Maddison was physically fit, and just needed to play himself back into match fitness. But apparently he’s not. :(

Meanwhile, most football players play with “niggles” during course of the season and thus instances like Ndidi’s is basically down to ill-luck.

...this will be his second long lay off!!!

Yes players play with niggles and Vardy is a good example of getting him through games, but I still feel we have been negligent in our handling of some of our long term missing players.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Haven't they just quoted Rodgers?

I don't know what Rodgers has said, it doesn't mention him in the article.

Jamie Vardy has given Leicester an injury scare ahead of Sunday’s clash with Aston Villa after complaining of a calf problem in training.

The forward, who has five goals in his opening four matches, was sent for a scan on Friday to establish the extent of the damage and is rated doubtful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8848103/Jamie-Vardy-doubtful-Leicesters-game-Aston-Villa-calf-issue.html?offset=0&max=100&jumpTo=comment-605722555&reply=605722555#comment-605722555

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Rodgers said it was his calf so they have.