Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

It’s not even the number of injuries that’s annoying me it’s who they are.

Ndidi does the job of two, without him we need to either sacrifice an attacker or play tielemans/praet deeper

Ricardo also does the job of two, acts as our winger and FB. Could his absence be the reason for Perez’s struggles? They work well together.

If there’s no Vardy we have to play two up top and none of of our other forwards can play on their own.  

Maddison is our main creator and Soyuncu is just a beast.

I feel for BR as it’s hard to plug this many gaps 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve not known an injury crisis like this in a long time. It can’t be a coincidence with the ridiculous scheduling. 

There's surely got to be more to it than just the scheduling? I'd suggest it's numerous issues including the scheduling both domestically and intermationally, poor pre-season (remember many were absent for a while) and even how we're training 

You wonder if some of our players have been carrying certain issues but managing them ...... that three month lock down doesn’t seem to have solved many of the issues .....was this one of rennie’s failings ???

cags hadn’t  played since Bournemouth so had a month off before pre season - I don’t recall him having any injury issues.  I think wilf missed some pre season and was clearly struggling with his groin - ideally he wouldn’t have been playing but we had no one to play CB.  A lesson there about paying the money and getting the player in ASAP (fofana). How much might we lose now without wilf month after month - remember, each injury has a knock on effect as others are then asked to play when perhaps they shouldn’t be and more injuries follow. 

sometimes sh1t just happens but we do seem to be struck down pretty badly at the moment .......

• Like 1

Rodgers Reveals Extent Of Söyüncü & Vardy Injuries
FIRST TEAM
Published 9 hrs 20 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Manager Brendan Rodgers says defender Çağlar Söyüncü could be out for three months after picking up an injury while on international duty with Turkey, while Jamie Vardy will miss Thursday's UEFA Europa League fixture.

- Çağlar Söyüncü could be out for three months with an abductor problem, says manager Brendan Rodgers
- The central defender sustained the injury while away with Turkey during the international break
- Rodgers is hopeful Jamie Vardy will be fit for Sunday’s Premier League trip to Arsenal

The Foxes No.4 missed Sunday’s Premier League encounter with Aston Villa due to an abductor injury, and after the match, Rodgers confirmed the extent of the issue.  

He also commented on Vardy’s calf issue, which will likely see the striker miss Thursday’s UEFA Europa League Group G clash with FC Zorya Luhansk.

“Jamie will probably miss the European game and hopefully he’ll be okay for our next league game,” he said. “It’s just a reoccurrence of what he’s had over the last number of years, Jamie.

“Even before I came in, I’m led to believe he’s had some issues with his calves, that keep him out for a bit.

“This isn’t so serious, but it was one where playing him tonight would have risked a tear and we couldn’t afford to do that. We’re hopeful that he’ll be ready for our next league game.

“Söyüncü is more serious in terms of the muscle is right off the bone, so he could be up to three months, which is an absolute shame for him.

“He did it the day before training with the Turkish national team. So, he’ll be a big miss, and he adds to the other boys that are out.”

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

Sacking Dave Rennie doesn't seem to have helped whatever the justification.

All speculation. The club had many injuries at the 2nd half of last season after Covid. Perhaps the real issues lie with periodization how to keep players in top shape relative to the stop /start of this year so far. Covid effects top flight football in more ways than one. 

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/what-is-training-periodization/

11 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

Sadly expectations are going to have to be lowered for this season. I hate using injuries as an excuse but we can't expect to performing to the same level without a vast amount of our top players. It'd be like Liverpool playing without Trent, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Henderson and Salah. They'd be a completely different team. 

If we can steady the ship for a couple of months, be mid-table and through to the knockouts of the Europa, then hopefully we can kick on and finish strongly when some of our longer term injuries return. Provided we don't get any more...

Gonna have to take this season as a reverse of last .... 21 points till Xmas and 40 odd thereafter .....

• Like 1

It's hugely disappointing and it looks.like we may just have to write half a season off of muddling through.  An inevitable part of football. One of those things. We've stolen points off teams in the past when they were on their knees and not even blinked with sympathy

(Newcastle away last season springs to mind and Burnley early this season) 

On 19/10/2020 at 08:41, davieG said:

Rodgers Reveals Extent Of Söyüncü & Vardy Injuries
FIRST TEAM
Published 9 hrs 20 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Manager Brendan Rodgers says defender Çağlar Söyüncü could be out for three months after picking up an injury while on international duty with Turkey, while Jamie Vardy will miss Thursday's UEFA Europa League fixture.

- Çağlar Söyüncü could be out for three months with an abductor problem, says manager Brendan Rodgers
- The central defender sustained the injury while away with Turkey during the international break
- Rodgers is hopeful Jamie Vardy will be fit for Sunday’s Premier League trip to Arsenal

The Foxes No.4 missed Sunday’s Premier League encounter with Aston Villa due to an abductor injury, and after the match, Rodgers confirmed the extent of the issue.  

He also commented on Vardy’s calf issue, which will likely see the striker miss Thursday’s UEFA Europa League Group G clash with FC Zorya Luhansk.

“Jamie will probably miss the European game and hopefully he’ll be okay for our next league game,” he said. “It’s just a reoccurrence of what he’s had over the last number of years, Jamie.

“Even before I came in, I’m led to believe he’s had some issues with his calves, that keep him out for a bit.

More protection of brand Brendan here. 'He was injured before I came in.'

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-vardy/verletzungen/spieler/197838

The injury record here suggests that he wasn't a particular concern injury wise for a good couple of years before Brendan came in. Half his periods of injury have come under Rodgers. 

This isn't to say Rodgers is to blame, Vardy is older of course, but it's a serpentine shuffling of the blame. A control of the narrative to ensure he doesn't cop for any criticism. 

This is why I have reservations about him. He's a used car salesman. 

If Ndidi, Soyuncu and Fuchs all have similar issues with their abductor muscles that indicates there is an issue with the strength and conditioning work. There’s no way 3  injuries occur in such a short space of time to the same muscle group by coincidence, there has to be a cause. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If Ndidi, Soyuncu and Fuchs all have similar issues with their abductor muscles that indicates there is an issue with the strength and conditioning work. There’s no way 3  injuries occur in such a short space of time to the same muscle group by coincidence, there has to be a cause. 

They should all switch to sumo style :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

For context Liverpool currently have 11 first team players injured.

Who?

Alisson was out on Saturday and now van Dijk is gone. Keita was out on Saturday but is he first-choice? Gomez is first-choice but was on the bench. Oxlade-Chamberlain?