Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If Ndidi, Soyuncu and Fuchs all have similar issues with their abductor muscles that indicates there is an issue with the strength and conditioning work. There’s no way 3  injuries occur in such a short space of time to the same muscle group by coincidence, there has to be a cause. 

don't think fuchs was as bad as the others but same muscle - correct

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Who?

Alisson was out on Saturday and now van Dijk is gone. Keita was out on Saturday but is he first-choice? Gomez is first-choice but was on the bench. Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Allisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago are the ones I can find that are currently injured

Keita the only one with a chance of playing for them this week

Edited by moore_94

According to this website we've got:

• Fewer injuries than five teams (Brighton, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd)
  • The same amount of injuries (5) as six teams (Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Southampton)
  • More injuries than eight teams (Villa, Chelsea, Fulham, Leeds, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves)

We're not the only ones struggling.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guest said:

• Fewer injuries than five teams (Brighton, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd)
  • The same amount of injuries (5) as six teams (Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Southampton)
  • More injuries than eight teams (Villa, Chelsea, Fulham, Leeds, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves)

But gross statistics are meaningless. The issue that posters are raising is the similarity of the injury being to the same muscle, and one that hasn't seemed to be an issue in the past.

45 minutes ago, deep blue said:

But gross statistics are meaningless. The issue that posters are raising is the similarity of the injury being to the same muscle, and one that hasn't seemed to be an issue in the past.

I'm not sure they're meaningless at all but fair enough. That's an issue that some posters are raising, yes, but this very thread was created to raise concerns about the amount, not type, of injury.

It's one thing pointing out that we're picking up a few of the same injury, quite another to conclude that this is because the cruel dictator Rodgers has been flogging the players relentlessly in training or because he got rid of Dave Rennie and then poured our entire supply of miracle adductor repair tonic down the sink. I know baseless conjecture is what we're all here for but it's being turned into another stick with which to beat Rodgers, and not a particularly sturdy one.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

It's not the sheer numbers, its who is injured. Most of ours are nailed-on members of our first-choice starting XI. 

You wouldn't have thought of Matty James when thinking about what injuries we had last season because it made so little difference. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

If Ndidi, Soyuncu and Fuchs all have similar issues with their abductor muscles that indicates there is an issue with the strength and conditioning work. There’s no way 3  injuries occur in such a short space of time to the same muscle group by coincidence, there has to be a cause. 

Could it be the Short lay-off ( turn-around), then straight into Full Pull games...??

43 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's not the sheer numbers, its who is injured. Most of ours are nailed-on members of our first-choice starting XI. 

You wouldn't have thought of Matty James when thinking about what injuries we had last season because it made so little difference. 

this is the point

other clubs have many injuries but we have three cast iron starters out long term …… the bigger clubs have deeper squads too so can cover the loss better

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

For context Liverpool currently have 11 first team players injured.

I think that is interesting because the pressing game is very stressful for players. Klopp famously blew Liverpool up in his first season, and we have seen Man City struggling to play the Pep way, partly due to lack of fitness. BR likes a similar game, and maybe that has contributed, both after lockdown and now.

It's almost bound not to be one single reason, but an accumulation of things, with maybe one or 2 factors that are really key.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think that is interesting because the pressing game is very stressful for players. Klopp famously blew Liverpool up in his first season, and we have seen Man City struggling to play the Pep way, partly due to lack of fitness. BR likes a similar game, and maybe that has contributed, both after lockdown and now.

It's almost bound not to be one single reason, but an accumulation of things, with maybe one or 2 factors that are really key.

Also, many of the more pragmatic managers are doing well at the moment, and none of the purists are pulling up trees.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

5 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Abductor and adductor are different muscles...

4 hours ago, Guest said:

I Really havent done my homework....but

Where do the other Teams injuries in Quality of Player to the team stand..compared to our Ndidi,Riccardo,Soyu.Maddison...then carrying those long Term niggles

like Praet, Vardy,Evans..

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

For context Liverpool currently have 11 first team players injured.

I guess it depends on your definition of 1st team players.

It's frustrating watching Chilwell when a) I thought it was a bad idea for him to go this year and b) BR said he wouldn't sell him. If there is 1 more injury to our back line from now on then we'll be in trouble.

We need to spend serious cash in January, not to panic buy but to keep our PL level and ambition where it is currently. EL was always going to test our depth.

The owners need to invest money, at the very least for a striker, CB, fullback and DM. I hope the owners put in circa £60m in Jan for a CB & striker at a bare minimum and take advantage of the relaxed ffp, players leaving and lack of full potential sponsorship revenues and negative owner to club financial help. If Vardy gets injured for 2-3 months we're screwed. 

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's frustrating watching Chilwell when a) I thought it was a bad idea for him to go this year and b) BR said he wouldn't sell him. If there is 1 more injury to our back line from now on then we'll be in trouble.

We need to spend serious cash in January, not to panic buy but to keep our PL level and ambition where it is currently. EL was always going to test our depth.

The owners need to invest money, at the very least for a striker, CB, fullback and DM. I hope the owners put in circa £60m in Jan for a CB & striker at a bare minimum and take advantage of the relaxed ffp, players leaving and lack of full potential sponsorship revenues and negative owner to club financial help. If Vardy gets injured for 2-3 months we're screwed. 

I think it’s pretty obvious we don’t have the money 

brendan was desperate for more players .....he didn’t get them 

by January, our injury issues will hopefully be behind us although your point about the depth of the squad remains true 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The kfc Twitter man says Ricky has had a setback 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

What? 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Indykalia 

seems this is rehashed news from an interview Ricky just gave to ojogo where he said he expected to be back playing within six weeks - end nov/beg dec. 

bit longer than we hoped