Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

39 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Mate. Having a fit vardy and Fofana would make a difference to any side in the world. 

And having Evans and castagne would improve every side in the confrence league and 90 percent in the Premier league. 

How will it make very little difference whatsoever? 

Because the problems are structural. We aren't suddenly going to become mentality monsters that defend against set-pieces because 1 or 2 players come back.

Evans started 8 games between the end of October and mid-December. We won one of them, at home to Watford. Castagne and Vardy played most of the games in the first half of the season - we were crap almost throughout and have only been marginally worse since.

You're well within your rights to hang your hat on a 21 year old CB who hasn't played all season completely transforming the side, crack on. I just think there's more to it than that.

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Because the problems are structural. We aren't suddenly going to become mentality monsters that defend against set-pieces because 1 or 2 players come back.

Evans started 8 games between the end of October and mid-December. We won one of them, at home to Watford. Castagne and Vardy played most of the games in the first half of the season - we were crap almost throughout and have only been marginally worse since.

You're well within your rights to hang your hat on a 21 year old CB who hasn't played all season completely transforming the side, crack on. I just think there's more to it than that.

I fear you are probably right 

the only caveat is that we have begun to look a bit more solid over the past month or so …. and generally playing better.  I’m sure the players will know that they threw the game on Sunday for this evening and not be affected by that defeat. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What an earth are you talking about we he started 9 games back to back and we won 4 of them. He also started in games in Europe and the league Cup that we won in that period. 

Screenshot_20220317_102153.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What an earth are you talking about we he started 9 games back to back and we won 4 of them. He also started in games in Europe and the league Cup that we won in that period. 

You surely can’t count newcastle ! 
But three wins and three defeats from 8 and 11 points. 
not so far from our average thus far this campaign - a tad better 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Vardy was completely carrying us though. The performances weren’t much better but he was winning his games with his goals.

I remember saying after 10 games or so, it was like the 17/18 season all over again where Vardy’s goals were pretty much single handedly dragging us from being a relegation side to a top half side.

Vardy comfortably tops the points per game we’ve got when he’s played.

For reference, our points per game when they’ve played this season:

Vardy - 1.56

Iheanacho - 1.11

Daka - 1.07

I sort of agree that Evans and Fofana won’t suddenly solve our problems, but Vardy we absolutely miss desperately - not only his goals but he gives confidence to the whole team and scares the opposition.

Think we’d be comfortably on par with  the likes of Wolves, Spurs and West Ham had Vardy been fit the whole season.

Edited by Sampson

34 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What on earth are you talking about? I counted from Arsenal to Napoli, and I included the cup games. Even if you want to include Newcastle, which is really clutching at straws given he went off after 6 minutes, that's 2 wins in 9 games. Big whoop.

Edited by ealingfox

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You surely can’t count newcastle ! 
But three wins and three defeats from 8 and 11 points. 
not so far from our average thus far this campaign - a tad better 

He laid the foundation in those 6 minutes 😂

No I wasn't trying to use the Newcastle for any other purpose than to disprove @Ealing Fox  false point that he started 8 games and we won 1.

I do understand that some people don't want to let Rodgers have the excuse of an injury crisis as they think the problems are deeper and I understand that point. 

But having better players available increases your chances of winning football games. Irregardless of the percived issues. 

And winning football matches increases your chances of building momentum and confidence. Look at Newcastles form before and after the transfer window. 

And if you don't think having Evans, Castagne, Vardy, Fofana. Hopefully more fit and sharp Justin and Ricardo doesn't improve our chances then you have your anti ridges googles on so tight they are cutting off the circulation to your brain. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Choosing the dates to fit you argument in 8 PL games this season he has played 80 minutes or more , we have won 3, Draw 2 and Lost 3 

All comps he has played 80 minutes or more 11, we have won 5 draw 3 lost 4.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What on earth are you talking about? I counted from Arsenal to Napoli, and I included the cup games. Even if you want to include Newcastle, which is really clutching at straws given he went off after 6 minutes, that's 2 wins in games. Big whoop.

1. Your original statement wasn't true. You were wrong big whoop or otherwise. 

2. Johnny Evans returned to starting games on the 16th October and played every week until his injury against Newcastle (a game he started!) on the 12th December in that period we won 5 games he started (man United, spartak, Brentford, Watford, Newcastle) I don't understand why you would want to cut out the games we won at the start and end out of that period unless you've got an agenda? Surely if your looking to explore if these returning players are going to improve the team you want to look at the whole period Evans was back? 

33 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Vardy was completely carrying us though. The performances weren’t much better but he was winning his games with his goals.

I remember saying after 10 games or so, it was like the 17/18 season all over again where Vardy’s goals were pretty much single handedly dragging us from being a relegation side to a top half side.

Vardy comfortably tops the points per game we’ve got when he’s played.

For reference, our points per game when they’ve played this season:

Vardy - 1.56

Iheanacho - 1.11

Daka - 1.07

I sort of agree that Evans and Fofana won’t suddenly solve our problems, but Vardy we absolutely miss desperately - not only his goals but he gives confidence to the whole team and scares the opposition.

Think we’d be comfortably on par with  the likes of Wolves, Spurs and West Ham had Vardy been fit the whole season.

Agreed you can clearly see how much vardy improves us but the thing the data won't show is how much better we'll we be with vardy, Fofana, Justin, ricardo, Evans etc as we haven't seen that for over 2 years. Don't get me wrong it will take time to get some of these up to full strength but it's an exciting proposition. 

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. Your original statement wasn't true. You were wrong big whoop or otherwise. 

2. Johnny Evans returned to starting games on the 16th October and played every week until his injury against Newcastle (a game he started!) on the 12th December in that period we won 5 games he started (man United, spartak, Brentford, Watford, Newcastle) I don't understand why you would want to cut out the games we won at the start and end out of that period unless you've got an agenda? Surely if your looking to explore if these returning players are going to improve the team you want to look at the whole period Evans was back? 

1. Neither was yours given you included Brighton in the League Cup, in which he didn't play. I said the end of October until mid-December, and I didn't count Newcastle. That's 8 games he played in (count them) and we won 1 of them.

2. My point is that having these players won't make us a good side, because they were present during our worst runs of the season, such as that. You're including other games to suit your own agenda ffs lol.

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agreed you can clearly see how much vardy improves us but the thing the data won't show is how much better we'll we be with vardy, Fofana, Justin, ricardo, Evans etc as we haven't seen that for over 2 years. Don't get me wrong it will take time to get some of these up to full strength but it's an exciting proposition. 

And there we have it. When they're back it'll be 'well they're not fit and match-sharp', then 'they're not at full strength' - then someone else gets injured (and they will) and round and round it goes. Indefinite excuses.

Edited by ealingfox

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

1. Neither was yours given you included Brighton in the League Cup, in which he didn't play. I said the end of October until mid-December, and I didn't count Newcastle. That's 8 games he played in (count them) and we won 1 of them.

2. My point is that having these players won't make us a good side, because they were present during our worst runs of the season, such as that. You're including other games to suit your own agenda ffs lol.

And there we have it. When they're back it'll be 'well they're not fit and match-sharp', then 'they're not at full strength' - then someone else gets injured (and they will) and round and round it goes. Indefinite excuses.

So why didn't you include man United Spartak and Bentrford? 

It's time to admit you were a. using selective data to try and prove a point that isn't there and b. That that data wasn't even accurate. Just apologise to everyone and we can shake hands and move on. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

So why didn't you include man United Spartak and Bentrford? 

It's time to admit you were a. using selective data to try and prove a point that isn't there and b. That that data wasn't even accurate. Just apologise to everyone and we can shake hands and move on. 

Of course I was using selective data - just like you were and everyone else does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ealingfox said:

We will never have a fully fit squad under Rodgers and this medical team, never. 

• Like 2