Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

Just now, lcfc278 said:

To be fair, in the point I made all I was saying was that I thought it was weird that he started the game so soon after coming back from injury.

You're right it doesn't make a difference with an impact injury however, in my opinion, I think he'd have been less likely to be on the receiving end of one if he was only on for the last 15/20 minutes of the game. 

Seemed a natural build up to me. 20mins off the bench, then an hour:dunno:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Seemed a natural build up to me. 20mins off the bench, then an hour:dunno:

I thought he could do with a few games playing max half an hour off the bench. For a hamstring injury that put him out for just over 2 months, I thought just one lot of 20mins was not enough to then justify starting him.

I understand his current injury is not because of that but just saying I thought at the time it felt a bit of a rush to start him in just his second game back. 

Just now, lcfc278 said:

I thought he could do with a few games playing max half an hour off the bench. For a hamstring injury that put him out for just over 2 months, I thought just one lot of 20mins was not enough to then justify starting him.

I understand his current injury is not because of that but just saying I thought at the time it felt a bit of a rush to start him in just his second game back. 

We don’t have that luxury in time unfortunately. Results business.

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

He will have played more than that twenty minutes. 

There are bounce games which go on and we don't know about. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He will have played more than that twenty minutes. 

There are bounce games which go on and we don't know about. 

Yeah definitely, but they'll never have the same intensity as an actual PL game though. 

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah definitely, but they'll never have the same intensity as an actual PL game though. 

It would involve the same process which tests his hamstring. At some point, the recovering players has to be put in at that intensity for a subject period of time. Vardy's was a knock on this occasion- which can come from an under 23 prospect to a world class defender. 

There's definitely been a change in approach as a whole as players we would have risked previously - we've stopped playing players in 'iffy' states on muscle injuries. Someone has had a word behind the scenes. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He knows hes under pressure so panics and so rushes his best players back to get results, happens time and time again. Need to bring in some strong medical staff who can overrule Rodgers on selecting players coming back from

long layoffs. 

Medical staff have begun that process from the evidence of the last few weeks 

It was a knock Vardy took to his knee. That could happen in any game. That doesn’t have anything to do with his fitness imo.

plus he changed the game for us when he came on. I’m not faulting Rogers on this.

we are just freakin cursed with injuries period. Hope someone at the club is looking into this in general as it’s completely sabotAged our season sadly.

rennes will be relieved to hear this news.

time for nacho & daka to be played together!

Just now, Mehrez said:

How do you get match fit without match time?

When did I say he shouldn't get any match time?

I just said I thought it was too soon to start a match and should have come on second half like he did at Burnley or maybe 5/10 minutes earlier.

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It was a tackle he could have played 2 minutes or 60 minutes and it could have still happened. 

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No sure how that makes a difference to an impact injury.....

13 minutes ago, teblin said:

Get off the BR out agenda for this vardy one, sounds like it was an impact injury doesn’t it?

just read these three posts before continuing with the BR is a muppet speculation…

12 minutes ago, teblin said:

Get off the BR out agenda for this vardy one, sounds like it was an impact injury doesn’t it?

Its not really an agenda. He'll have been targeted by opposition players because of only just coming back from injury. A supposed world class manager like BR should know this and continue to ease players back in until they are fit enough.

Lost count of the amount of times a player has come back straight after injury to only be out again soon after. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not really an agenda. He'll have been targeted by opposition players because of only just coming back from injury. A supposed world class manager like BR should know this and continue to ease players back in until they are fit enough.

Lost count of the amount of times a player has come back straight after injury to only be out again soon after. 

How exactly do opposition players 'target' him without risking a red/yellow card?

• Like 1