Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

18 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Agreed, but I thought he might rest more. Lookman for Barnes for example. C’est la vie. Let’s hope we’re at our absolute best on Thursday. Let’s not leave anything out there as they say

Have a feeling we might start with ade instead of Harvey on Thursday 

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not exactly resting players when you are dragging Albrighton and KDH along through games, whilst running on empty!!!

the alternative is to start wilf or youri who he wanted to rest - albrighton and kdh will get their rest after next weekend - wilf and YT are on int  duty 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have a feeling we might start with ade instead of Harvey on Thursday 

the alternative is to start wilf or youri who he wanted to rest - albrighton and kdh will get their rest after next weekend - wilf and YT are on int  duty 

...the alternative would have been starting Perez and Soumare in this instance!!!

This is not because of the result yesterday, that was a suggested team prior to the game.

Soumare is learning nothing being sat on the bench so far and the fact he was not in the squad yesterday was a tad strange, as there was little or no explanation. 

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Feasible that Castagne, Vardy and Evans should all be back after the international break.

Fofana back this week.

12 games left of the season and hopefully several more in the EC.

I actually like the call from Rodgers to rest players yesterday and to continue to rotate Justin and Ricardo.

There does seem to be a bit of a change in managing players who have had injuries, which will be telling if we start to see an improvement. I hope we do get these players back without a similar amount of new ones.

If we get through Thursday and we get Vardy back then I'll start to believe we have a proper shot at salvaging this season. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the alternative would have been starting Perez and Soumare in this instance!!!

This is not because of the result yesterday, that was a suggested team prior to the game.

Soumare is learning nothing being sat on the bench so far and the fact he was not in the squad yesterday was a tad strange, as there was little or no explanation. 

ayo has become semi invisible.

bouba - as you say, something was a little odd. I assume he will be on the bench  on Thursday.  The way arsenal play would expose him at the moment. I guess having wilf and YT on the bench meant no need for bouba. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

ayo has become semi invisible.

bouba - as you say, something was a little odd. I assume he will be on the bench  on Thursday.  The way arsenal play would expose him at the moment. I guess having wilf and YT on the bench meant no need for bouba. 

...I  cannot see Soumare being anywhere near the team on Thursday!!!

He is getting little or no game time and we expect him to play effectively in a game of this magnitude. There is either an illness or Rodgers has no faith in him, we will find out on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He is getting little or no game time and we expect him to play effectively in a game of this magnitude. There is either an illness or Rodgers has no faith in him, we will find out on Thursday.

Pretty sure it's the latter.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It’s a big bench on Thursday and we have five subs 

Looking optimistically, if the tie is over with twenty five to go then bouba should be able to hold his own in a game against French opponents- remember no pappy in Europe. 

2 hours ago, turlo said:

new club Dr incoming according to the athletic. not got a subscription to read the detail..

It simply says we are looking for a new club doctor as English leaves at the end of the season when his contracts up. Says it’s nowt to do with injuries this season and was only a 2 year deal. Mentions we are after replacing congerton too but again no names mentioned 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC Sport Leicester @BBCRLSport

Rodgers confirms Danny Ward is out for "a number of weeks", having had knee surgery. "It's really unfortunate, he has had the injury for a while and it was a clean up operation on his meniscus. He will be back towards the end of the season."

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

BBC Sport Leicester @BBCRLSport

Rodgers confirms Danny Ward is out for "a number of weeks", having had knee surgery. "It's really unfortunate, he has had the injury for a while and it was a clean up operation on his meniscus. He will be back towards the end of the season."

Again begs the question - Why has the injury been allowed to fester? Why does Rodgers insist his players train or play through the pain? Its not the first time this has happened. Surely its more beneficial to get the operation out of the way with quickly rather than risking further and more serious injury?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks like Castagne and Evans back in training!!!

Hopefully be back after the international break :fc:

That would be wonderful. If (big if I know) we progress into the latter stages of the ECL we will play weekend/midweek/weekend to the end of the season after this international break. 

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Whisper it but we could finally for about the first time in 2 and half years have a full squad available after the International break (apart from ward). What a massive difference that would make to the end of the season. 

Bitter sweet if we balls up tomorrow night though and have very little to play for. Got to dig in and get across the line.

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Whisper it but we could finally for about the first time in 2 and half years have a full squad available after the International break (apart from ward). What a massive difference that would make to the end of the season. 

It would be huge, we’ve still got somewhere between 13 and 18 games to go this season, still lots to play for.

Having a fit Castagne, Ricardo, Thomas, Justin, Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu means we can get a lot of rotation happening over the final weeks of the season, without losing too much quality.

If we are to go all the way in the EC it will mean playing two games a week for the remainder of the season, if we want to be competitive and starting building confidence then rotation of quality players will be key.

11 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

If/when it makes very little difference whatsoever I hope people will be a bit more reasonable in looking at Rodgers.

49 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If/when it makes very little difference whatsoever I hope people will be a bit more reasonable in looking at Rodgers.

Mate. Having a fit vardy and Fofana would make a difference to any side in the world. 

And having Evans and castagne would improve every side in the confrence league and 90 percent in the Premier league. 

How will it make very little difference whatsoever? 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3