Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Who plays up front without our 3 main strikers? 

Barnes? Maddison as a false 9?

You'd have thought Barnes would but probably Perez.

This international break is vital in giving players a rest, we've played every midweek since the start of February.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was only in the FA Cup against a rotated Watford side but I quite liked how Perez, Barnes, Lookman, and Maddison all worked that game

It was very fluid, quite often the players regularly interchanging positions etc. and was a right handful for the Watford defence

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Honestly think Maddison could do the job in the same way as Firminio does or even Foden has.
All the talk about lone strikers in my view isn't correct because they are not playing a lone strikers role within a 433, there not there to be a striker in that sense of its goals & all their there for, they are more providers hence why Nacho does do well with his layoffs which get noticed but not so good when the ball is pumped in front of him as his lack of pace (compared to Vardy/Daka) gets noticed.
I know its Carragher but he did a little tactical analysis after our game on Arteta's 'tactical tweak' basically how putting them into a 433 & he mentions the individual roles within that set up & whilst he was discussing it you could easily overlay our players & he mentions how Lacazzete whilst getting fewer goals is actually playing better & more involved.
Its the same with us although we have Vardy who is leading scorer we then have Barnes, Maddison, Youri chipping in with goals more often & they have ESR, Saka as their leading scorers. Its the same with Liverpool & Man C its the 2 wider players that get the goals in 433

Whilst its thought what's the point of just having that lone striker in the 433 it actually gets more players in the box as he mentions & shows a clip of how an attack from the right ends up with 5 attacking players in the box.

• Like 1

So if Kasper is injured we’ll be playing our third choice keeper because Brendan and the medical team let Danny Ward carry a knock for a while with no intention of playing him? 

Why on Earth did they not just get him operated on as soon as he needed it? 

Guest glasgowfox
8 minutes ago, Dames said:

So if Kasper is injured we’ll be playing our third choice keeper because Brendan and the medical team let Danny Ward carry a knock for a while with no intention of playing him? 

Why on Earth did they not just get him operated on as soon as he needed it? 

Oh if Brendan had your crystal ball it would be brilliant...so ward has his op 2 months ago and then a week later kasper gets injured!!! Why did we not wait for ward to have his operation....🙄🙄🙄

43 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Oh if Brendan had your crystal ball it would be brilliant...so ward has his op 2 months ago and then a week later kasper gets injured!!! Why did we not wait for ward to have his operation....🙄🙄🙄

Brendan literally said Ward had been carrying a knock for a few weeks, not letting players carry knocks when the need ops is nothing to do with having a crystal ball its just good injury management which has been lacking for the best part of 2 years.

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, Dames said:

Brendan literally said Ward had been carrying a knock for a few weeks, not letting players carry knocks when the need ops is nothing to do with having a crystal ball its just good injury management which has been lacking for the best part of 2 years.

Have a word....how many players do u think carry a knock....

5 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Have a word....how many players do u think carry a knock....

I don’t think any should be carrying knocks into high intensity games if that knock has a risk of getting worse. Footballers are multimillion pound assets, you wouldnt continually drive a Ferrari with a slow puncture would you? You’d get it sorted. 

Guest glasgowfox
6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don’t think any should be carrying knocks into high intensity games if that knock has a risk of getting worse. Footballers are multimillion pound assets, you wouldnt continually drive a Ferrari with a slow puncture would you? You’d get it sorted. 

Bless you....back to school on Monday....I cant afford a Ferrari...if you think players dont carry knocks regularly then I think you are very living on the moon...as for high intensity games is that not what football is or should Brendan guess what is a high intensity game and what is not 😖😖😖

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Just for clarity, cars aren't human beings. And human beings playing high intensity sport will generally not be in 100% nick.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just for clarity, cars aren't human beings. And human beings playing high intensity sport will generally not be in 100% nick.

Exactly 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

I think the professionals look to see how things settle down, it obviously didn’t and therefore needed surgery 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Updates from Rodgers:

Lookman was ill

Albrighton hopefully back after the international break

Ndidi has a bad knee injury and waiting a second opinion

Did he really say ndidi injury is bad ? 

16 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Bless you....back to school on Monday....I cant afford a Ferrari...if you think players dont carry knocks regularly then I think you are very living on the moon...as for high intensity games is that not what football is or should Brendan guess what is a high intensity game and what is not 😖😖😖

If a player is carrying a knock that requires surgery to fix they should not be playing or training. Its not the 70s any more. 

Some injuries are more manageable than others but with todays modern healthcare you know very early on if an injury needs surgery or not, yes it can be delayed but for a player like Ward who wasn’t going to play anyway why drag it out? Get it sorted because the quicker its sorted the quicker he’s back. Its not rocket science. 

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It was in terms of being high value assets. You just don’t risk them if theres the slightest chance the problem could get worse. We’ve been burned so many times in regards to this that lessons need to be learnt.

That being said it seems things are slowly going in the right direction but I cant get my head around delaying surgery. Just take the hit and get it sorted.

Guest glasgowfox
3 minutes ago, Dames said:

If a player is carrying a knock that requires surgery to fix they should not be playing or training. Its not the 70s any more. 

Some injuries are more manageable than others but with todays modern healthcare you know very early on if an injury needs surgery or not, yes it can be delayed but for a player like Ward who wasn’t going to play anyway why drag it out? Get it sorted because the quicker its sorted the quicker he’s back. Its not rocket science. 

So how long do you wait to see if it can be managed or needs surgery???? Vardy played many games and scored many goals before finally having surgery...we will have to agree to disagree but as I first stated whoever has that crystal ball would be winning the lottery every week rather than saying on a Sunday morning I knew they would be the winning numbers 😴😴😴