Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic to Cardiff (Loan)

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

If Cardiff are not going to play him, bring him back here. Pointless.  There is a player in there he just needs to get playing and be given a chance.  We could do with him now given we playing two games a week.  Baffling.

We can't bring him back... like it or not he is at Cardiff until January 1st minimum, and thats if we even have an option to recall him

Edited by moore_94

Benkovic is 23 and Fofana is 19. One dubbed not good enough for the premier league yet, injury prone and can’t get a game in the league below and the other is starting week in week out in the premier league. Benkovic has 4 years on Fofana as well. Sadly I just can’t see Benkovic having a future here as like others I had high hopes for him when he signed. 

I’m still hoping he can prove me wrong though :fc:

16 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Benkovic is 23 and Fofana is 19. One dubbed not good enough for the premier league yet, injury prone and can’t get a game in the league below and the other is starting week in week out in the premier league. Benkovic has 4 years on Fofana as well. Sadly I just can’t see Benkovic having a future here as like others I had high hopes for him when he signed. 

I’m still hoping he can prove me wrong though :fc:

Whatever becomes of Benkovic that is far too simplistic logic. You more than most should realise this given the unorthodox trajectory a certain Jamie Vardy took to the top.

17 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Is Benko injured again?

He didn’t make the match day squad again today vs Barnsley (who has Matty James starting). :cry:

He is either injured again or it was a last minute decision to not include in the squad vs Barnsley

In recent weeks he has been playing for the Cardiff u23s to get match fit but he didn’t even play for them on Sunday either

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Whatever becomes of Benkovic that is far too simplistic logic. You more than most should realise this given the unorthodox trajectory a certain Jamie Vardy took to the top.

It may be simple but it’s realistic. He’s clearly way behind Fofana and it’s sad to see him having injury problems and not getting a game in the championship. I hope he starts getting more games and becomes the rock he once was. I’d love to see a

Benkovic - Soyuncu - Fofona back three hopefully next season. 

Jamie Vardy is a freak of nature though, it’ll probably never happen again.

A quick look on Cardiff forum & looks like their fans are keen to see him play with a shake up of their defence + he's not injured

posted 2nd Nov

Neil Harris gives an update on Filip Benkovic
"Yeah, good. He has trained today, topped up his minutes. It’s just a question of when he comes into the group. Whether I feel I need that extra defensive cover. Is he going to get a chance to play? Those are the questions I have to answer.
I need to make sure I’ve got experience, covering options in different positions. But Benko is now fit and available if I want to select him."

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

It may be simple but it’s realistic. He’s clearly way behind Fofana and it’s sad to see him having injury problems and not getting a game in the championship. I hope he starts getting more games and becomes the rock he once was. I’d love to see a

Benkovic - Soyuncu - Fofona back three hopefully next season. 

Jamie Vardy is a freak of nature though, it’ll probably never happen again.

It's not realistic, the comparison with Fofana is like comparing apples and oranges when you look at both of their respective career trajectories and also where they are just now in their careers. It's a comparison that's akin to comparing someone like Francis Jeffers with Jamie Vardy when Jeffers was playing with England and Vardy was working in a factory. The dates etc may be out a bit there but you get my drift.

Benkovic aside, who may or may not make it with Leicester, the point is a footballer's development and career progrssion is very seldomly linear.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I always want players to succeed, especially towering defenders, but it is telling that Rodgers said flat out he wasn't ready for the Premier League. I hope he can get a run of games, and give us an option in the future, but he really needs to get his career on track.

...I would not believe Rodgers meant he did not have the attributes to play in the Premiership!!!

Rodgers went through his own short term playing career and I hope Benkovic has the fortitude to look further than his immediate situation and can take another direction either through coaching or some other venture. He could spend the next 5-6 years attempting to get his career back on track and it could well be the wasted years as he may wish to develop as a coach and perhaps accelerate a managerial ambition.

Brendan seems that he’d rather play Morgan, Fuchs, Justin, N’didi or Amartey at CB rather than take a risk on Benko. He’s already behind Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana.

Now he’s been loaned to Cardiff and isn’t even getting in the match day squad. He previously had mixed success at Bristol City.

Maybe we have to all come reluctantly to the conclusion that rather than him not being fit or it all being a bit strange, but that he just isn’t good enough.

i hope I’m wrong, but the omens aren’t looking good for him here. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Thoroughly enjoying watching Bristol City play. Decent team. Be great to see then make the PL. 

Perhaps Benko should have returned to Bristol City on loan. After their old manager left, he got a decent run of games and seemed well-liked.

On 03/11/2020 at 21:48, ARM1968 said:

Many wrote Mendy off. Some wrote Vardy off. Doesn’t pay to write players off too soon, but I personally doubt now that Benkovic will make it here. 

“Don’t write a player off... we wrote off Mendy and Vardy......... but I’m gonna write Benkovic off”

He seems like he’s a tidy defender when fit but the likelihood is he’ll never make it here. He almost has the perfect manager in Rodgers but even he doesn’t seem to rate him enough - we should look to sell whilst we could recoup a significant amount still