Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic to Cardiff (Loan)

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Not better than Old Wes, Fuchs and all our other fantastic options?...

Blimey!!....get rid then!

According to Rodgers, he’s not ready for the Premier League. He sees a lot more of him than we do. Therefore he’s currently not a better option than Wes or Fuchs. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Good enough for the mighty Celtic though? 😂

All those players we were linked with though. All still there with the exception of Tierney. Football Journalism:ph34r:.

Good Luck Filip. Hope you play a ton of games and build back your match fitness. :scarf:

10 hours ago, W88DY said:

He was good enough for Rodgers at Celtic so why not now??

Because the Scottish Premiership is a piece of p*ss, probably. Not hard to shine when you're playing the equivalent of League One clubs most weeks.

• Like 3

Got to be his last chance to prove himself here surely. If he doesn't stay fit and prove that he is a top championship defender then you'd have to think we'll be looking to get another younger CB in next year to eventually replace Evans/compete with Fofana and Cags in the future.

On 17/10/2020 at 18:47, SO1 said:

All those players we were linked with though. All still there with the exception of Tierney. Football Journalism:ph34r:.

Good Luck Filip. Hope you play a ton of games and build back your match fitness. :scarf:

There was a bid from McGregor last summer, Celtic and Rodgers both spoke about that publicly, problem was it was too late in the day to let him go, McGregor definitely wanted to go as well.

This season is make or break for Benkovic I feel. His only chance of making it at Leicester is to go out on loan, stay fit and get 30-40 games under his belt in the Championship, he's never going to make it playing under 23 football gven his injury problems and the associated disruption to his development.

A fully fit and firing Benkovic from what I've seen is easily good enough to play EPL football, the hard part is the fully fit and firing aspect of it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This season is make or break for Benkovic I feel. His only chance of making it at Leicester is to go out on loan, stay fit and get 30-40 games under his belt in the Championship, he's never going to make it playing under 23 football gven his injury problems and the associated disruption to his development.

A fully fit and firing Benkovic from what I've seen is easily good enough to play EPL football, the hard part is the fully fit and firing aspect of it.

I just cant see how he can possibly be any worse than having a 37 year old wes morgan and Fuchs as our centreback depth, Bennet last season as well. If he really is genuinely that bad then one season in the championship is not going to make him ready. If he was ever going to have a future with us he would already be better than those other options and playing for us in our europa games this year and the occasional PL fixture to give evans some rest.

• Like 3

The few times we got to see him play I'd say he didn't look like a player unfit for the premier league. He just looked like a guy who was short on match fitness and strength which is understandable considering how long his injury lay offs have been. When he's been fit (at Celtic) he's looked every but a decent player. Sadly his potential at Leicester just hasn't ben realized due to bad luck with injuries. The fact we are discussing how to get him back just shows how desperate our situation is. Our team looks cobbled together and is playing like so. That magic we've all seen in the past with the fast pass & move possession and attack won't happen again until we have a fully fit squad which is looking like spring 2021. Rogers might have to fast track a few of our academy youngsters this season with all the games we have to play!

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I just cant see how he can possibly be any worse than having a 37 year old wes morgan and Fuchs as our centreback depth, Bennet last season as well. If he really is genuinely that bad then one season in the championship is not going to make him ready. If he was ever going to have a future with us he would already be better than those other options and playing for us in our europa games this year and the occasional PL fixture to give evans some rest.

I agree, I'm can only assume his injuries have seriously stunted him because the pedigree of him playing for a top Croatian club and European football before the age of 21 as well as numerous U21 and senior games for a top nation suggests he'd be ready for the transition, even as a squad player. I remember when we signed him, we didn't think he'd be available for the price and actioned it because it was too good an opportunity to turn down. Rodgers absolutely loved him at Celtic too, its bizarre.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think it's more about being ready than bad. Physically I don't think his body would cope with the rigour of EPL football at the moment (maybe not ever) but the best chance of getting in the shape and physical fitness required would hopefully playing a full season of competitive football somewhere. I think this is a fitness issue rather than an ability thing otherwise you'd have cut your losses with him before now. Like I said he may never be able to stay fit enough long enough to cope with EPL football so this loan spell is make or break for him. You can't go from essentially 18 months out injured, to a few under 23 games to then be able to make any meaningful contribution at EPL level, not someone who seems to be made of glass anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

062897D6-F033-40E0-B469-30972D91A74E.jpeg

So basically Brendan has tried to spell it out for the people who are constantly asking why he is a not playing or b being sent on loan again.

For those who still can’t read between the lines and need further help let me spell out what he meant from the quote.

” For the love of god stop asking me about this bloke. He is next to useless and would get torn a new one every game in the Prem. Have you not seen me play a 37 year old Wes and a centre midfielder rather than risk this guy?

You think Justin makes the odd mistake, this guy is a whole new ball game. I even had to play Amartey, did that not give you a clue? Have we signed a turkey, yes I’m afraid so. Will he come back and be in my plans, put it this way there is more chance of him growing tits and coming back as Miss Croatia.

Now please do me a favour stop asking about him and close the thread on foxes talk. “

Best wishes Brendan.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think it's more about being ready than bad. Physically I don't think his body would cope with the rigour of EPL football at the moment (maybe not ever) but the best chance of getting in the shape and physical fitness required would hopefully playing a full season of competitive football somewhere. I think this is a fitness issue rather than an ability thing otherwise you'd have cut your losses with him before now. Like I said he may never be able to stay fit enough long enough to cope with EPL football so this loan spell is make or break for him. You can't go from essentially 18 months out injured, to a few under 23 games to then be able to make any meaningful contribution at EPL level, not someone who seems to be made of glass anyway.

I guess i understand the point that he has to ideally be playing week in week out to get back to full fitness rather than playing in europa every few weeks. We saw what happened with amartey when you return to playing at a high level too soon. So you have changed my opinion. It is worrying that with evans borderline injured we currently have no quality depth at centreback and as we saw with bristol last year there's no guarantee that benkovic even starts week in week out for cardiff. 

• Like 1