Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic to Cardiff (Loan)

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Good decision, complete waste of time for all parties. Let's hope we can either find him something else for now or try and get a few quid for him - becoming quite clear he's not going to make it here.

We should allow him to run down his contract here unchallenged, Leicester Philanthropist Football Club :thumbup:

In all seriousness I really wanted him to do well here, Brendan will have a plan.

6 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Would a swap for Edouard suit both parties?

Yes but they'd want money in exchange as well as Benkovic. He's not having the best season (probably had his head turned in the summer) but I imagine something like 20m + Benkovic would go down well up there.

Can't remember the Celtic fan's name or I would have tagged him but he'll be able to explain better.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You could argue Benalouane wasn't a complete dud, he performed well in several big games, the CL ones included. Just was a bit of a loose cannon at times. 

And we signed Hernandez on a free, before selling him for a nominal fee, may have made a small profit there.  

Yeah I agree with that aspect for Benalouane, but I think we paid about £6-7million for him, which in our 2nd season was a fair bit of money for us to spend at the time and I would probably say he wasn't worth that amount

For Hernandez I think he was just a dud in terms of playing for us he didn't really do anything, but yeah we did well to get some money for him

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Yes but they'd want money in exchange as well as Benkovic. He's not having the best season (probably had his head turned in the summer) but I imagine something like 20m + Benkovic would go down well up there.

Can't remember the Celtic fan's name or I would have tagged him but he'll be able to explain better.

Yes I know the guy you mean he was suggesting that they would get £15 million max for Edouard for a straight sale.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

@Muzzy_Larsson

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Based on his time before joining us and at Celtic. He's had a bit of a torrid time with injury's and bad loans. I'll happily write off a player that's given a fair chance and proven not good enough, I'll never write off a player that's not been given a chance or has been injured and unable to get some momentum going.

it's not writing them off it's being realistic. he's shown nothing that suggests he's currently in a position to perform to a top 6 standard in the prem

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You could argue Benalouane wasn't a complete dud, he performed well in several big games, the CL ones included. Just was a bit of a loose cannon at times. 

And we signed Hernandez on a free, before selling him for a nominal fee, may have made a small profit there.  

Dragovic

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah I agree with that aspect for Benalouane, but I think we paid about £6-7million for him, which in our 2nd season was a fair bit of money for us to spend at the time and I would probably say he wasn't worth that amount

For Hernandez I think he was just a dud in terms of playing for us he didn't really do anything, but yeah we did well to get some money for him

Hernandez was an odd one, he broke the usual rule. The fans from his club thought he was utter class. He simply didnt suit this league or us in anyway. Lazy scouting to  be honest. 

Benny obviously did well at Atalanta but we were well warned that he was a bombscare. He was actually neat and tidy for us in the shaky run, but as mental as anything.

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Doubt they'll get 20m+, he wants out and only has 18 months left on his contract. Could see them getting 12m or so in the summer.

38 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Harsh to call big Molla Wague a flop when he produced one of the greatest transfer threads ever seen (and nobody had even the slightest bit of expectation with him).

I would say it's harsh to call it "one of" when there has never been another thread even close to it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah he's been an empty jersey this season. Part of me thinks he's downed tools and part of me thinks covid has ravaged him as he looks dangrously thin compared to how he looked previously. I hope it's not the former as it'll d his own prospects of a decent move just as much damage as t'll do to any prospective fee we get for hm.

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

@Muzzy_Larssonwas quoting us all £40m in the summer just gone.

I don't think I was quoting anywhere near that lol I said I expected us to get Tierney level money for him and maybe more if a bidding ar started and several teams were after him. We were never beating the scottish transfer record by £15m in a matter of 12-24 months. I think had there been sufficient interest in him in the summer we could have got 25-30m though when his stock was at an all time high, we'd be lucky to get half that now mind you as I've said several times now.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

A lower PL club like WBA (currently leaking goals like a sieve) could use Benkovich. Let's make it happen!

I would love to see him receive some Fat Sam coaching... Could be career changing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

A lower PL club like WBA (currently leaking goals like a sieve) could use Benkovich. Let's make it happen!

It’s an great point, Leeds, Fulham, WBA, Newcastle, Brighton all need to tighten up at the back.

There is no doubt this lad has quality and it a great prospect, whether he can get injury free though is another question. He needs to go somewhere he is going to play every week. (Or every week he is available)

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s an great point, Leeds, Fulham, WBA, Newcastle, Brighton all need to tighten up at the back.

There is no doubt this lad has quality and it a great prospect, whether he can get injury free though is another question. He needs to go somewhere he is going to play every week. (Or every week he is available)

Ryan bennett us available